Free from March 25th to April 23rd

ScavzYT

18 hours ago, ScavzYT said:

Abzû will be available for free for a limited time as part of the "Play at home" promotion lasting from March 25th to April 23rd. This game was given through ps+ back in May 2017. If you missed it here's your chance!

Even if I press download I can play it anytime. Isn't it? It becomes like a purcharse?

On 2021-03-18 at 5:28 PM, Pottercito_ said:

Even if I press download I can play it anytime. Isn't it? It becomes like a purcharse?

Yes, what ScavzYT said is correct. ?

Sometimes, for some odd reason, the PS+ games or other freebies will only have the option to ‘Download’ rather than ‘Add to Library’ like you typically can. But I know being forced to download the free games right away is inconvenient/not possible for a lot of people. But luckily there’s a slight workaround.

You should be able to simply click ‘Download’, let the download start, and then cancel it after a minute or so before it gets going. If you check your library afterwards on the XMB, you should notice pretty quickly that it is now listed in your games as one that you’ve purchased.

To avoid this issue, I’ve also found that it’s much better to add games to the library via the app now. Often the store on PS4 will only have the download option ready, or is slow to update the information and doesn’t even show the game as free for a day or two. But when I use the PS App to add free games to my library, the option is always there and it works much faster too. If you’ve got a smart phone or a tablet or something it’s worth getting in the habit of doing it this way.

• Like 1