Trophies can be earned in Quick Race

FaLLeN_717

This isn't a quick platinum.

As for quick race, it's true that most stuff will be boostable on your own with 4 controllers (hydra, chain lightning, etc) but, if you can't do the 1,000hp gold trophy in all 6 event types, you aren't getting the platinum.

It's still a really enjoyable game, and I've not played it on PS4 or pro, but o. The PS5 it's smooth as silk, and not nearly as glitchy (driving in your side and not being put back on your wheels straight away) as the first one was. 

At £16 it's pretty much at its price limit. If it was £8 I'd say go for it for great fun for up to 4p local fun, despite the chance you may not get the platinum due to 1,000hp events

• Like 1

On 3/22/2021 at 6:25 AM, TheMightyImp2 said:

This isn't a quick platinum.

As for quick race, it's true that most stuff will be boostable on your own with 4 controllers (hydra, chain lightning, etc) but, if you can't do the 1,000hp gold trophy in all 6 event types, you aren't getting the platinum.

It's still a really enjoyable game, and I've not played it on PS4 or pro, but o. The PS5 it's smooth as silk, and not nearly as glitchy (driving in your side and not being put back on your wheels straight away) as the first one was. 

At £16 it's pretty much at its price limit. If it was £8 I'd say go for it for great fun for up to 4p local fun, despite the chance you may not get the platinum due to 1,000hp events

Just finished this yesterday and for the most part, it's pretty accurate.

Getting the trophies involving the specific items is pretty easy since quick play lets you create custom rule sets that only have specific items, like having only power vacuum and jacks. This will also help with the car paint grind as many of them would otherwise take forever. (Ex. One of the cars has "hit 100 players with earth strike". This is pretty simple with a race with double-powerups only, earth strike only, and keep resetting on the resort after the first set of bubbles)

The 1000hp grand prix seem a little daunting at first until you realize that the CPU's do not consistently take the same positions. In a 4-track cup for example, the overall second place CPU will likely only have around 30 points, meaning you have a bit of slipping room in case one race you do poorly (First-First-Second-Fifth for example was a win for that). The character cups in Adventure Mode do not act like this though and the character for the cup will consistently place well (pretty annoying on the last couple).

It is true that this is not a quick platinum, but luckily (at least for us Yanks, don't know how our friends across the pond would take on average) it's still less then half as long as the last one. The main grind is unlocking gold paint for every car, which requires 25 races for every 40-something cars. The fastest event I could think of was:

• 2 person race
  • Crab Cove
  • 1000hp
  • Use Roxy Roller
  • Only the rocket boost pickup
  • Permanent Police Siren Power-up

which results in about a 28-second race. The other goals all take some time too but the only one I found challenging was the Mudskipper's "knock five racers out of bounds with angry bees" which took a lot of trial and error but it is super-easy if you use:

• 8 person race
  • Insane Difficulty Racers (only way they'll take shortcut)
  • The snowy track with the penguins & igloos
  • Place two sets of angry bees right before the last checkpoint for the thin layer of ice that covers the last wall before the finish line.

Not a hard plat, takes roughly 50 hours. Fun though, and provides the right kind of challenge.

Edited by SeedersPhD
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can't remember the timing specifically but it's the Cure (medkit icon) item and the Special Delivery (present icon) item. I do not remember if the timing means when the icon is open but before the effect hits or if it's just whatever effect comes out of the box but it should be one of those two.