NG+ difficulty and world tendency

Winckle

Hi there,

I have a quick question regarding the difficulty of NG+. I have read that starting a new playthrough with Black World Tendency will make the game harder. Is that true?

If I follow the Platinum trophy guide, it seems that you finish the first playthrough with BWT. If I want a easier time, should I finish the first one with PWT and play the 2nd one with that until I reach the end where I can turn it into BWT? Would I miss anythin doing that?

Any help or clarification will be greatly appreciated!

Yes thats right. Black tendency Enemys are harder but you also get more souls. White Tendency Enemys are easyer and you get less souls. But you need both some evens start on white and some start on black tendency. 

Edited by Crowlike

Black World tendency makes the game more difficult, that is correct. The reason the guide suggests doing pure white character tendency and then finishing with black is that you can do it in one playthrough. I did the opposite and did pure black character tendency first because I wanted my subsequent playthroughs to be with pure white character tendency. It will take two full playthroughs of getting pure black world tendency in each world and killing the named black phantom in each world, or being invaded enough times and killing the invading player, to get to pure white world tendency. You'll then also need to be careful not to invade other players, such as through being summoned as the Old Monk boss. It's doable to do PBCT then PWCT but it's more time consuming.

Thanks for your answers! As my first Souls game, I'm a little bit confused about world and character tendency.

So for the platinum, I'm planning:

- 1st playthrough: getting PWWT

- 2nd playthrough: stay with PWWT + turning to PBWT and PWCT at the end to get the remaining items/spells

This way, the 2nd playthrough wouldn't be as tough. Would this work or did I forget something completely obvious?