Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Abby_TheLastofUs

Forspoken - New Square RPG, written by Amy Henning

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Formerly known as Project Athia.

Forspoken is an action RPG where you will take on the role of Frey Holland, an ordinary young woman who must harness her magical abilities to survive in a fantastical and dangerous land called Athia. As Frey, you will embark on a thrilling, other-worldly adventure and face treacherous trials to unravel the mystery behind the unknown land of Athia and awaken something much more from within.

As you’ll see in the new game clip, Frey is able to traverse the world with incredible speed and fluidity. I can’t wait for players to experience firsthand just how satisfying it feels to move through Athia, scaling cliffs, and leaping across ravines in the future.

Frey takes center stage in Forspoken, and we’re delighted to announce that actor, Ella Balinska is performing the character. We were looking for someone who could convincingly portray Frey’s dynamic character, and we knew immediately that Ella was the perfect person to play her. From the beginning, Ella understood the themes and concept of the game and was able to channel this in her performance to bring Frey’s character to life. Not only is Ella talented and well matched to the role of Frey, but she is also extremely passionate about Forspoken as her first video game project. 

And there it is! On behalf of Square Enix and the entire Luminous Productions team, we hope you enjoyed the sneak peek. The creators are working hard around the world on the development of Forspoken, and we can’t wait for you to experience Frey’s story in 2022.

Details and more images

Extended Cut of the title announcement

Edited by Abby_TheLastofUs

Posted (edited)

I just love games that give me ability to run fast as fuck. Those few seconds at the end of the trailer got me excited. The way she dashes as well, awesome. 😁

Edited by Alderriz

The fast movement in this game looks on point. Looking forward to see more from this game.

Posted (edited)

Interesting name. Looks cool, though.

Edited by MidnightDragon

In the wishlist! 😁

yeah keeping a close eye on this one, not enough shown yet to make a definitive statement but it's definitely wishlisted for now :)

New story trailer just dropped.

And the game's writers have been revealed.

Edited by Abby_TheLastofUs

Looking at this game, I'm...not feeling it. Maybe on discount (while Square is bad about discounting its Japanese-developed projects, it tends to lower prices on its other products regularly).

The fact that Bear McCreary is composing only means that the music will be magical as well! 

So square Enix is trying its hand at a Spider-Man clone?  Meh.

When I first saw this game, I automatically binned it in the 'Never going to buy' catalogue after the way FFXV burned me out with it's dishonest marketing (Luminous Studio was formerly Business Division 2). Even skipped over many other Square Enix published games cuz I was that ticked off.

But the more I hear of Forspoken, about the writers involved, new studio head, the composer they've got and how the engine is no longer constrained by memory streaming and weak CPUs - all good things, I can't help but wonder how it will turn out by launch window.

Edited by Eraezr

Looks dope, though the character models in the cutscenes could use some work; the faces looked very stiff. Won't interfere with how amazing the gameplay looks.