Forspoken

Abby_TheLastofUs

Formerly known as Project Athia.

Forspoken is an action RPG where you will take on the role of Frey Holland, an ordinary young woman who must harness her magical abilities to survive in a fantastical and dangerous land called Athia. As Frey, you will embark on a thrilling, other-worldly adventure and face treacherous trials to unravel the mystery behind the unknown land of Athia and awaken something much more from within.

As you’ll see in the new game clip, Frey is able to traverse the world with incredible speed and fluidity. I can’t wait for players to experience firsthand just how satisfying it feels to move through Athia, scaling cliffs, and leaping across ravines in the future.

Frey takes center stage in Forspoken, and we’re delighted to announce that actor, Ella Balinska is performing the character. We were looking for someone who could convincingly portray Frey’s dynamic character, and we knew immediately that Ella was the perfect person to play her. From the beginning, Ella understood the themes and concept of the game and was able to channel this in her performance to bring Frey’s character to life. Not only is Ella talented and well matched to the role of Frey, but she is also extremely passionate about Forspoken as her first video game project. 

And there it is! On behalf of Square Enix and the entire Luminous Productions team, we hope you enjoyed the sneak peek. The creators are working hard around the world on the development of Forspoken, and we can’t wait for you to experience Frey’s story in 2022.

Details and more images

Extended Cut of the title announcement

Edited by Abby_TheLastofUs
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...

When I first saw this game, I automatically binned it in the 'Never going to buy' catalogue after the way FFXV burned me out with it's dishonest marketing (Luminous Studio was formerly Business Division 2). Even skipped over many other Square Enix published games cuz I was that ticked off.

But the more I hear of Forspoken, about the writers involved, new studio head, the composer they've got and how the engine is no longer constrained by memory streaming and weak CPUs - all good things, I can't help but wonder how it will turn out by launch window.

Edited by Eraezr
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 7/6/2022 at 11:30 AM, The Investigator said:

honestly, I don't see how any amout of time of extra work can help this game, the whole thing is just uninteresting

Disagreed, I think it looks great. Definitely one of the upcoming games I'm looking forward to most.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Viper said:

Disagreed, I think it looks great. Definitely one of the upcoming games I'm looking forward to most.

what about it looks great to you?

graphics are average for a PS5 AAA game, the world is empty, story and characters look goofy, it looks like a rejected FF15 DLC repurposed into a PS5 SSD tech demo that got made into a "full game" for a quick and easy small cash grab to recuperate some of the lost money from the FF15 engine development because it was easy to do

Edited by The Investigator
  • Like 3