How to get the Glitched Trophies

ValkerianCreator

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, amazing write up and what a tedious method for platinum.

I’ve been interested in this game for a while but never thought about getting it because no one had platinum. Now that I know how glitched it is, and the workaround, I’ll be staying far far away until the developers fix it. Beat the game 11 times without closing application and leaving it in rest mode or something? No thanks. When you come back from rest mode sometimes you can even get the VR to work properly anyways.

good luck to anyone who goes for it and again, thanks for the information and well done on that plat ! 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Wow that is some mad dedication you got OP! Props, was wondering why some of them haven’t popped yet. Thanks for taking the time to letting us know your research of this game. Also to anyone hesitant due to trophy difficulty, the game is badass, the best VR melee I’ve ever played. Feels good, and really rewards you for accurate, timed swings (vs. madly waggling the motion controllers around).  I’d be a shame to skip it just cause of a few trophies. 

• Like 1

I agree with feartrain. Although I was obviously motivated by getting the trophies, this is still a great VR action game for PSVR owners. It is top 20 material in the system for sure; and if we only count the top action games (like this, Sairento, In Death, Skyrim, and Swordsman), then, it is top 4 material, easily. Basically, you are missing one of the best if you skip this one. And even though it is very challenging at first, I think a playthrough in Relaxed mode is great for anyone that has a psvr. Trophies or no trophies it is worth playing it. I liked this a lot more than Superhot to be honest. I haven't even finished Superhot, lol. I guess I didn't find it fun enough... So far, only Sairento VR feels a little better than Until You Fall to me, so this is essentially my #2 best psvr action game, and obviously, it is the one where I got serious about pushing for completion. I haven't even finished the main campaign in any of the others.

For dusfire96: it might work to use "rest mode" to get all the trophies, but I didn't do it that way, so I don't know. If you want to try that, I recommend trying it first for the 10,000 aether trophy only, which takes 4 playthroughs probably. Do 1 and leave it saved in rest mode, do another one and redo. By the end of the 4th playthrough in relaxed mode you have 10k aether in one session if you were grabbing the 250 aether crystal every time (and due to rest mode it should count as 1 session only). However, if it does not work using rest mode, you will have to redo all of that again! Basically, if rest mode doesn't work, you have to do the 11 consecutive playthroughs to get "1000 enemies killed" and "10 aether horrors." Honestly, it is far more annoying and ridiculous than difficult, if you already passed nightmare. The really difficult stuff are the playthroughs for "sword god" and "titan grip." Normal nightmare mode can also be really challenging because of the last two phases in the final boss. Monk of Rokar can be annoying, but in relaxed mode the final boss is a lot easier than in nightmare mode, so that alone makes it less tough than sword god, especially if you already have the 2 crests at level X and you upgrade and use their supers correctly. The biggest problem in monk of rokar is not the final boss, it's phase 3 with the red enemies, so, difficulty-wise, it went like this for me: sword god>>titan grip = nightmare mode> monk of rokar (with level X crests and in relaxed mode, otherwise this would be the worst!).

Edited by ValkerianCreator
  • Like 2

I got all the weapons upgraded and the trophy didn’t pop I wait to see if it showed up later like valkericancreator said but nothing happened did I fuck myself out of a Platinum 

edit: never mind I just completed another run and it gave it to me after I returned to the hud 

Edited by dusfire96

The game may be fun and enjoyable but the devs aren’t getting my money until they fix the trophies. No way am I leaving my PS5 in rest mode and doing consecutive play throughs because their trophy list is broken.

Which is a shame because the game does look really good. 

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
19 hours ago, ValkerianCreator said:

Holly Molly!! PlatinumTrophy is going to get the platinum for Until You Fall in less than 10 days! lol. Did you really start playing the game for the very first time just 1 week ago?

Yes, I wouldve had the platinum days ago but my goddamn save corrupted while I had 3 lvl Xs and everything else on lvl 6 and like 6000 aether in the bank, so I had to start back from scratch. Thanks for the words of encouragement lol :D

Edited by PlatinumTrophy
Edit
  • Like 3

On 10/16/2021 at 9:50 PM, ValkerianCreator said:

You should team up with MikeCheck and KyonKuchiki (is this name a reference to Byakuya Kuchiki from Bleach?) and perhaps another 4th player that can shoot like a jedi, and make one of those 4-people teams that compete on international-level competitions for prices as high as 1 million. 

Ha! This made my day Valkerian! How is it going with Audica?!

• Like 4

On 10/18/2021 at 10:27 AM, MikeCheck-- said:

Ha! This made my day Valkerian! How is it going with Audica?!

I will save "Prospector x100" for my 1000th psn trophy, which is close because I have around 950 now. I will go for easier vr games next, and then, I will return to Audica when I have 999 trophies. I already have x70 gold star runs from grinding the first three songs, so I know I can get the x100 for sure. Bodhisattva, on the other hand, is almost at the point where I draw the limit for my "personal VR challenges" because, as you surely know, it is on frustratingly difficult territory. It is the same as asking you to get 33 S rank runs in different expert+ songs in Beat Saber AND they have to be close to SS rank runs too, otherwise it's not "a gold star." It's definitely harder than platinuming Until You Fall and way harder than the platinum in Beat Saber. It might be the hardest VR rhythm game platinum in the market, in fact. It's the kind of thing that even I would have called "stuff for masochists," before I also got myself into VR trophy hunting and "VR challenges," lol... Honestly, I think I am capable of getting the Audica platinum, but in order to not make it too frustrating, I would have to do it in the long term, without any hurry, and looking at each separate song and its gold star as if it was the only thing left to do. Basically, memorizing all the songs is what it takes because I am not extremely good at shooting games, so I can't do it based on pure skill alone. Also, I do like playing Audica, if that wasn't the case you can be 100% sure that I would not be interested in getting anything else for it. That was why I never bothered with the S ranks in Thumper and why I didn't go after the crazy speedrunning trophies in Bound. They were too hard and I didn't enjoy their gameplay enough to stick to them beyond 10 hours. Those went over my limit. However, it's really all about how much you like the particular game because Racket Fury Table Tennis and SuperHyperCube are for maniacs too, ?, ? and I managed to complete those. So, it really depends on you and what you like. (I even continued playing those two after getting the hard trophies.)

• Like 1

On 2021-10-19 at 6:09 PM, ValkerianCreator said:

Bodhisattva, on the other hand, is almost at the point where I draw the limit for my "personal VR challenges" because, as you surely know, it is on frustratingly difficult territory. It is the same as asking you to get 33 S rank runs in different expert+ songs in Beat Saber AND they have to be close to SS rank runs too, otherwise it's not "a gold star." It's definitely harder than platinuming Until You Fall and way harder than the platinum in Beat Saber. It might be the hardest VR rhythm game platinum in the market, in fact. It's the kind of thing that even I would have called "stuff for masochists."

It is by far the most challenging and difficult game I've obtained the Platinum for. The game is designed so well though and therefore satisfying once you complete a song, just extremely fun mechanics. It is underrated compared to Beat Saber because most players don't stick with it long enough to enjoy the Advanced difficulties! It was terribly frustrating and I nearly quit a handful of times. Took around 55hours to complete and I played little of anything else whilst going for it. One miss and a run is over. Lots of practice. What song are you on?

Yes! Well done one those two games. Really challenging ones, especially Racket Fury! 

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

What song are you on?

I will send you a message on psn to continue the Audica chat. I'm actually taking a break from Audica now. After "laser priest expert" I was burned out from it. I'm definitely going back to it though, but I will play through other easier stuff in my VR queue before that. I already played Electronauts the other day and loved it. Easy and super fun game. I'm surprised that it isn't more known. 

I will also leave 1 more tip here for the Until You Fall players that want to beat nightmare mode: learn how to make a ps4 video recording of the game you are playing and take videos of the times when you reach the final boss in nightmare. That is particularly useful for the last phase, which is where it uses the fastest chain of attacks to block in the whole game. The problem is that one barely has any chance to see it well or to memorize it for next time, like you do for all the other enemies that are plentiful throughout the run. Then, when you reach the final boss next time, your chances of getting past it are ultra low again because you don't even remember what it does. However, if you recorded the video and can replay it and see what the chain of attacks was and where you failed to block it, it makes it far more likely that you will succeed the next time you reach it. This "tip" can easily save anyone a dozen failed playthroughs. Also, the final boss in its "glowing aether form" is weak to the energy blast super ability, and it can be used to cancel its most lethal chain of attacks once, even in that form. The only problem is that most people will have to use the energy blast super to deal with the knights and the spellweavers, but if it recharges or you manage to save it, then the final phase is much more reasonable. Otherwise, you have to be in momentary jedi mode to get past that final part, lol ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, psycho_clank314 said:

Are the trophies still glitched for this game or have they been patched? Has anyone contacted the devs? 

Theyre not "glitched" theyre all obtainable, you just cant close the game or some of them will reset. But if you are a nerd like myself and just naturally have 5 or so hour long gaming sessions anyway you wont even notice that the trophies are bugged. I basically just earned all the "One-sitting" trophies playing normally my first playthrough, its really not as bad as it sounds.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 9:37 AM, PlatinumTrophy said:

Theyre not "glitched" theyre all obtainable, you just cant close the game or some of them will reset. But if you are a nerd like myself and just naturally have 5 or so hour long gaming sessions anyway you wont even notice that the trophies are bugged. I basically just earned all the "One-sitting" trophies playing normally my first playthrough, its really not as bad as it sounds.

Yeah I'll be fine then, this sounded way worse earlier in the thread. 

• 3 weeks later...

I can confirm you can use Rest Mode between runs and still get at least some of the trophies (on PS4, at least).

Sadly I'll have to restart thanks to a power outage, but in theory all glitched trophies should work.

EDIT: Hooray, it works

Edited by Zehzin90
  • Like 1

On 2021-10-17 at 6:12 PM, PlatinumTrophy said:

Yes, I wouldve had the platinum days ago but my goddamn save corrupted while I had 3 lvl Xs and everything else on lvl 6 and like 6000 aether in the bank, so I had to start back from scratch. Thanks for the words of encouragement lol :D

Holy, how much time is on your hands?! I started 8 or so days ago and just finished the plat with 20h played lmao. 

On 23/11/2021 at 5:49 AM, Zehzin90 said:

I can confirm you can use Rest Mode between runs and still get at least some of the trophies (on PS4, at least).

Sadly I'll have to restart thanks to a power outage, but in theory all glitched trophies should work.

EDIT: Hooray, it works

I probably should have said this earlier, cuz I was using rest mode for my platinum.

12 hours ago, ZIG173 said:

Holy, how much time is on your hands?! I started 8 or so days ago and just finished the plat with 20h played lmao. 

more than I know what to do with

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally going through Until You Fall! Enjoying it so far, but to further add to the glitched counters, even using the in game 'Save and Quit' option, and then loading up your same file, regardless of doing that in the same PSVR session, will reset counters as well. So not only does it have to be the same PSVR session, it all has to be the same in-game session as well.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...