PS3 Version Gran Soren keeps Freezing

Schrimpey

Yesterday when i was playing Dragons Dogma i tried to do that quest where u have to tell a Family that the landlord will kick them out from there land there living in right now.

Everytime when i talk to 2 of the 3 People i should talk with, the games start dropping FPS and all the NPCs arent there anymore. If i try to save the game it freezes completely and then my PS3 will shutdown with this double peep sound. 

So anyone experience the same or has any tips for me? 

I really like the game so far would be a shame if i cant play it anymore.... 

I never had any technical issues with this game on the PS3, it worked smoothly from start to finish + Multiple playthroughs. However, I did hear that for some users the PS3 version can go wild.

If you have a "healthy" save file, back it up. Then try teleporting around before finally going to the NPCs.

If that still persists, unfortunately I believe you have to reinstall the game. That's a very odd bug indeed, I don't think there's other solution to that.

I also have the disc version, the Dark Arisen one. Do you have a different version?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Copanele said:

I never had any technical issues with this game on the PS3, it worked smoothly from start to finish + Multiple playthroughs. However, I did hear that for some users the PS3 version can go wild.

If you have a "healthy" save file, back it up. Then try teleporting around before finally going to the NPCs.

If that still persists, unfortunately I believe you have to reinstall the game. That's a very odd bug indeed, I don't think there's other solution to that.

I also have the disc version, the Dark Arisen one. Do you have a different version?

I have the normal version without Dark Arisen.

Okay i will try it today after school! I will keep u updated.

At least im not that far into the game so it wont really hurt if i have to restart now.

Edited by Schrimpey
  • Like 1

The Dark Arisen version is the stable one. The vanilla one had huge problems on ps3, fps drop and freezed a lot. I remember of it because I read about it at the time, then buyed the Dark Arisen version and I confirm that run without problems on ps3.?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Copanele said:

Okay so i got the same "glitch" today two times. But i think i have found the source of the glitch its the exact quest i told you about. 

So when im doing this quest its like after i talk to someone of the 3 People i need to talk to, the quest marks bugs and arent on the map anymore. If i know walk to far away there are no NPCs anymore. I could dodge that glitch after i saved everytime after i talked to a Questperson. so i got the quest and no bugs after i finished the quest! 

25 minutes ago, Tecnal1 said:

The Dark Arisen version is the stable one. The vanilla one had huge problems on ps3, fps drop and freezed a lot. I remember of it because I read about it at the time, then buyed the Dark Arisen version and I confirm that run without problems on ps3.1f604.png

Okay but why? I mean its like the same update i just dont own the DLC? 

if i purchase the DLC, should just unlock all the content i already downloaded ? 

Edited by Schrimpey

8 minutes ago, Schrimpey said:

if i purchase the DLC, should just unlock all the content i already downloaded ? 

Dark Arisen version is the one with DLC incorporated ,that's the version I had too. Buying the DLC won't solve the issues sadly, you would still have the vanilla version. 

But if you found a workaround that's awesome :D 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Schrimpey said:

I don't remember precisely. What i remember is that The dark Arisen had a better optimization to run on ps3 meanwhile the vanilla didn't runs smoothly even patched.

2 minutes ago, Schrimpey said:

Okay thanks to you guys.

I will keep that im mind if i encounter another bug maybe i will borrow the dark arisen version from a friend of mine. 

If i borrow his version i also have to restart the game? 

I think so. I hope i have been helpful?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tecnal1 said:

I don't remember precisely. What i remember is that The dark Arisen had a better optimization to run on ps3 meanwhile the vanilla didn't runs smoothly even patched.

I think so. I hope i have been helpful1f604.png

yeah thanks a lot! ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

i had the vanilla and i don't ever remember any crashes or freezing. I also plat the game and played online and i think i did all side quests?

there probably was some framerate issues though. I did kind of want it on ps4 but ehhhh. But yeah, if you are playing solo you could potentially try playing offline and unpatched. Maybe its a patch issue ? ?

• Like 1

On 27.4.2021 at 0:44 PM, Infected Elite said:

i had the vanilla and i don't ever remember any crashes or freezing. I also plat the game and played online and i think i did all side quests?

there probably was some framerate issues though. I did kind of want it on ps4 but ehhhh. But yeah, if you are playing solo you could potentially try playing offline and unpatched. Maybe its a patch issue ? 1f914.png

yeah maybe i try it but im already in my new game+ it still keeps freezing sometimes but i can handle it...

Maybe they really breaked it with a patch xD

• Like 1