Suggestion - Auto-pop PS5 trophies should be removed from 'Fastest' leaderboards

On 19/03/2021 at 2:14 PM, Helyx said:

Imagine being upset because someone did a game twice and the completion time for one game was faster than yours.

That’s not the case though is it, taking Avengers as an example?

They didn’t “do the game twice”, they did it once and then booted it up on the PS5 and got all the trophies again in 1 second. Not the same as someone playing the PS5 game from scratch and therefore by default not being on the “fastest achievers”.

I totally agree with the OP, however I also agree with others here that the list just isn’t needed anymore, and neither is the “first achievers”.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PS_Bowser said:

that's pointless when people get the game weeks before release...

Yes and no. While people such as devs or influencers do get early access to games, how often do those people actually plat the games? Certainly, online reviewers and youtube personalities aren't platting anything of substance.

And while yeah, they might be one of the first 50 for some of the bronze, silver or gold trophies, is there anyone who actually gives a shit about that to begin with?

But anyway, this thread is a great reminder of why none of these potential changes ever come to fruition. The people who oppose the change are pretty simple to predict; they say "no".

But the people who support the change then go on about everything else wrong with the site. It started with a relatively simple request: consider autopops alone. But then, we have

1. get rid of fastest achiever altogether.
  2. get rid of first achiever as well.
  3. get rid of all stacks, regardless of if they are autopopped or not. 

I'm surprised we haven't heard from the "get rid of all leaderboards" crowd, and certainly hanging around in the background is the "trophies are meaningless" crowd.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 2

On 20/03/2021 at 2:20 PM, xIRockyRock said:

If they would remove region stacks, I would be totally fine with the trophy system and all these easy platinum available nowadays. 

If I create a German account, there should be only German or in this case EU trophy lists be allowed for my account.

I don't stack games but still completely disagree with this. Region locking just makes things harder for consumers. Like what if you moved to the US? Or bought a game second hand and turns out the disc was from NA? Then there's some games that aren't even released in every region. It'd cause way more problems than it solves.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

Lately I've been seeing alot of people crying on here about autopopping, stacks, easy plats. It makes you think if the people on here actually enjoy trophy hunting as a hobby.

I'm not concerned with what other people play but some on here seem mentally ill and have an unhealthy obsession with what other people play and their methods... 

Exactly

Just enjoy your games.

I hate the auto popping tbh.  I played hitman 3 and i own a ps4 which is in my bedroom and a ps5 in my man cave and I wanted to  be able to play hitman 3 in both rooms especially since I don't need a computer as it doesn't require a guide in any way.  Everything being saved server side it was unavoidable to auto pop trophies.  Nioh 2 while i could have avoided it I didn't want to really play the game a 2nd time on my ps4 I wanted to use my main character from my 1st play through on the ps5 and the only way to do that was allowing many of the trophies to auto pop.  I don't think auto popping is earning a platinum but i'll be damned if I'm not going to be able to play the game in two rooms of the house on my different console because somebody on here thinks it isn't cool.  in some cases if you want to play on your ps4 and ps5 the same game it will be unavoidable.  If Ratalaka games count and games like slyde and 1000 top rated where it takes more effort to turn the game on then it does to platinum it, then auto popping AAA titles that have a level of difficulty like nioh ought to count too.  At least the first time it was a 6/10 difficulty 8/10 for dlc and took nearly 100 hours.

On 3/21/2021 at 6:38 PM, starcrunch061 said:

Yes and no. While people such as devs or influencers do get early access to games, how often do those people actually plat the games? Certainly, online reviewers and youtube personalities aren't platting anything of substance.

And while yeah, they might be one of the first 50 for some of the bronze, silver or gold trophies, is there anyone who actually gives a shit about that to begin with?

But anyway, this thread is a great reminder of why none of these potential changes ever come to fruition. The people who oppose the change are pretty simple to predict; they say "no".

But the people who support the change then go on about everything else wrong with the site. It started with a relatively simple request: consider autopops alone. But then, we have

1. get rid of fastest achiever altogether.
  2. get rid of first achiever as well.
  3. get rid of all stacks, regardless of if they are autopopped or not. 

I'm surprised we haven't heard from the "get rid of all leaderboards" crowd, and certainly hanging around in the background is the "trophies are meaningless" crowd.

people just want a leaderboard that is specifically tailored to benefit them so there's no perfect leaderboard to make everyone happy...I think its fine how it is currently.

For example people are like I don't play rata games so lets remove them from leaderboard or make them basically worthless so I can move up on the leaderboard without putting in any effort.

Edited by PS_Bowser

• 2 years later...