Do you have Adaptive Triggers on for all games?

Quink666

Do you have Adaptive Triggers on for all games?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have it enabled at all?

• Yes I have it on default which is STRONG.
    • I prefer the MEDIUM setting.
    • LIGHT is what I prefer most.
    • I have it DISABLED completely.

2 minutes ago, HusKy said:

I use it for everything except online multiplayer.

I couldn’t even imagine playing a game

like CoD mp with it on strong. Getting of a quick shot off would be almost impossible. You would be at a disadvantage with the setting on strong since it would always take slightly longer for you to start shooting. 

What surprised me was how hard you actually had to push with the setting on default (strong)

6 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

It's a cool idea in theory, but it gets old real quick. 

I've had it turned off since I started playing Miles Morales. I don't think I'll ever turn it on ever again. 

I think I will only use it for certain single player games that doesn’t require good timing or precision.  

4 minutes ago, Helyx said:

I disabled haptics, rumble, mic and dimmed the light bar. I prefer not to have gimmicks draining the battery life.

You can disable Haptic? Is it possible to get just a normal vibration like the DS4 has?

The reason I want haptic gone is because in some games it is just god awful. Marvels Avenger is one of those games. Flying around as Thor the controller vibrates like it is having a seizure and it feels out of place. In Astro’s Playroom it’s amazing. 

Edited by Quink666

4 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

You can disable Haptic? Is it possible to get just a normal vibration like the DS4 has?

Yes, I disabled everything without even trying haptics. Not sure about the rumble, since I disabled that on PS4 immediately too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was searching a post like that

For astro was fun but now my second game wrc i don't think i am going to be able to play all day with force against my fingers

Maybe for the casual gamer 1 or 2 hour but for all day i don't think so. I will get fatigue for sure in my fingers

I am turning it off

• 2 weeks later...

shitty gimmick that has cost us all really. it just adds more things that can break inside the controller. and they serve no purpose. I don't need my hand held when pushing triggers lol, idk what exactly they're supposed to adapt to, it's just unnessercary pressure and strain on plastic cogs that shouldn't exist.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

This thread is my favourite 1f602.png

We gamers are a tough old bunch!

Gamers:

"We want innovations! New things! Progress!"

Sony:

"Here's some adaptive triggers and haptic feedback - it's reviewing very well, and seems to be a selling point"

Gamers:

"Cool, cheers."

*immediately turns off haptics and adaptive triggers*

"Hey, by the way... did you just close a 15 year-old digital storefront?"

Sony:

"Yes...?"

Gamers:

t311q4kueqm01.jpg

Yeah its like they dont want old things, so then when old things finally get tossed, its a hate campaign against Sony. I personally am glad the old stores are gone. Maybe something NEW will come. Or an update to PSNow that improves that. 

Then also when we get new features, "Oh this is great!" but it drains battery and i only wanted one controller... so i dont use it.

it baffles me when people only have one controller.... any console deserves at least 2. For me though i always have 3 to 5. 

On 27/03/2021 at 5:00 PM, xh117 said:

Does anyone else's triggers make a clicky sound when they activate the adaptive trigger mode? Freaks me out, like its broken or something but maybe that's just how it is.

depends on the game. Astro for example,  using the bow... you feel it tense up and then snap/clicky sound as it shoots. Same with guns in CoD. Its cool. Its how it is

• Like 1

Disabled it completely, tried for an hour or so when I first got the PS5 but was hurting after a short period. Cool features and all but not why I bought the PS5. I understand they'll integrate more games in the future with it which is fine but I wouldn't use it much either way.

• Like 1

I would say it all comes down to the game I'm playing. For instance, turning it off with Astrobot would be a crime against humanity, where the game was built all around these gimmicks. The problem is, in the great majority of games (as of now) it seems more as an afterthought, an obliged feature - and, most of the times, they fail to implement it well.
For instance, I cannot for the life of it keep it on while playing AC Valhalla: given that I never charge a shot completely, but rather I shot quickly more arrows in sequence, I find myself often releasing and pressing again the L2/R2 bottons rapidly. Due to this, it happens many times that I do so even earlier than when the adaptive triggers start working (they are not always on, but they activate when needed). This leads to an awkward *click* sound, while the bottons feel strange to the touch - and when this happens I feel like they might break at any moment.
So, shortly, I try a game keeping them on for a couple of hours. If it works fine I keep them on (default - strong), if not I'll just turn them off completely. 

• Like 1

It was fun in Astrobot, but even then it felt like I broke one of the triggers eventually. I’ve tried it in other games but end up turning it off because it gets annoying to hear the triggers activate every few seconds