Trophy Thoughts?

Ctrlolol

What exactly is the game? I saw it on the PSN store thinking it was gonna be another $20-$25 game and was shocked to see the $60-$70 price tag.

As far as the trophies go, they look like they can be challenging depending on how hard it is to complete levels without losing mechs. 

4 hours ago, Ctrlolol said:

What exactly is the game? I saw it on the PSN store thinking it was gonna be another $20-$25 game and was shocked to see the $60-$70 price tag.

I was very excited about this game since I love simulation and city builders but for $60 I’ll be waiting for a while till it goes down to the $20 range. Least with Cities Skyline they offered a lot with the base game but I can’t see this game offering as much content as that game right out of the gate to make the $60 justifiable? The trophies don’t look too bad, but time limited ones are always a fun challenge but the no mechs die might be a problem.

Aw man!  Startopia!  This game was my jam when I was a kid!  For those wondering, $60 is a steep price for this game, considering also its from the early 2000s, but it still holds up today--I still load my PC copy from GOG (if you want to try it before the PS, you can grab a DRM-free copy on GOG.com for $10-20 depending on if its on sale).  Trophy wise, having beat the game myself, it's fairly straightforward: the mech and destroy robot factories are a slight pain, but once you have a plan and follow it, easily doable.

Edit: I beat the original version on the PC version, not PS4; so take that as you will, as isometric simulation games designed on the PC are always more intuitive on the PC and easier to play.  Not that this will be hard to play, mind you, but it was designed with mouse-and-keyboard in mind.

Edit the Second: I got my wires crossed, but I did do the closed beta for this on PC, and it plays very similar to the original 2000 one, so all my points still stand.  Man, no posting replies on zero hours of sleep anymore!  

Edited by Electric_Ebola