Just curious...

AronJ3197

I'm wondering and had a thought, would people be able to boost the online trophies that require skill (Pole Position & Wins) if you had 10-16 players post really bad quali times that they matched against each other so you could literally boost the online trophies? I've won 11 races, but now it's just impossible because the faster time I get the quicker my opponents are because that's how the matchmaking is on this daft game, it is such a garbage game but I want the platinum... ?

I thought it’s based of DR and SR so if they’re the same as yours and your quali time was bad and you can people around the same times then maybe it might match you against those said people? I just can’t see myself winning 91 races when I’m put up against insanely quick players because they can steering wheel or they’re really good with controller.

The matchmaking is definitely not random. It’s based on which letter grade your sportsmanship is in. Boosting is 100% impossible, but the lower your sportsmanship the higher chance you’ll have for a pole or win. Type in your PSN on the GT Sport section of kudosprime dot com to see what your sportsmanship is then look up the race ranges. Game may be old enough where they don’t matter anymore though. 

29 minutes ago, pro_cow_tipper said:

The matchmaking is definitely not random. It’s based on which letter grade your sportsmanship is in. Boosting is 100% impossible, but the lower your sportsmanship the higher chance you’ll have for a pole or win. Type in your PSN on the GT Sport section of kudosprime dot com to see what your sportsmanship is then look up the race ranges. Game may be old enough where they don’t matter anymore though. 

No, the game is still quite active.  As @zero7uk_ mentioned, git gud.

Edited by grimydawg___
  • Like 1

The matchmaking is based on DR and SR, but is active enough that you have no chance of getting a race of just your friends. The only way to engineer the wins and poles is to deliberately tank your ratings. The quickest way to do that is to hit other cars, but PLEASE DO NOT DO THAT. The best way to do it without destroying other people's games is to either repeatedly shortcut the track when you are out of everyone's way, or try and match with one friend and crash into each other. Once you have low DR and SR you have a better chance of coming up against lower skilled drivers, but there is always the chance you will come up against someone fast who is pulling the same stunt as you to pad wins.

However you look at it, a good amount of skill is required to get the wins. Pick one of the daily races each week that you like and just do it over and over again. You will improve, and at some point you will wind up at the top of your particular lobby, depending on where the 'split' happens relative to your rating.

22 minutes ago, barra333 said:

The matchmaking is based on DR and SR, but is active enough that you have no chance of getting a race of just your friends. The only way to engineer the wins and poles is to deliberately tank your ratings. The quickest way to do that is to hit other cars, but PLEASE DO NOT DO THAT. The best way to do it without destroying other people's games is to either repeatedly shortcut the track when you are out of everyone's way, or try and match with one friend and crash into each other. Once you have low DR and SR you have a better chance of coming up against lower skilled drivers, but there is always the chance you will come up against someone fast who is pulling the same stunt as you to pad wins.

However you look at it, a good amount of skill is required to get the wins. Pick one of the daily races each week that you like and just do it over and over again. You will improve, and at some point you will wind up at the top of your particular lobby, depending on where the 'split' happens relative to your rating.

Just leaving the race or staying AFK and get kicked is enough to tank your ranks ;)

No need to ruin other people races :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/03/2021 at 9:50 AM, barra333 said:

In order to drop SR/DR, it is far easier to just quit the race as soon as it starts.