Equipment Enthusiast Glitched?

ZachSmoke

So a friend and I have been playing through this together and tonight we both would have had our platinum however my ten armor sets must not have counted. He got the trophy using the same sets and I was hosting each session and didn't receive my trophy. last one for the platinum. Any solutions?

@ZachSmoke, Can I ask what your experience has been like platinum'ing with a friend? Me and a friend want to do it but we heard the trophies are buggy so we were waiting (hoping) for another patch with the recent influx in players due to PS+. Is this the only trophy you had issues getting together?

9 minutes ago, Silocia said:

@ZachSmoke, Can I ask what your experience has been like platinum'ing with a friend? Me and a friend want to do it but we heard the trophies are buggy so we were waiting (hoping) for another patch with the recent influx in players due to PS+. Is this the only trophy you had issues getting together?

We didn't run into any issues with the trophies until the one I mentioned above and my friend didn't have any glitch. The game itself runs choppy with some bad frame issues ever now and again. Once you get rolling with a decent weapon and set of armor the game is fun for what its worth. If your going for the 100% most of the trophies will come naturally. The game is tough in some areas on your first playthrough so co op is a better option if your considering playing this. The RNG for getting the "Precious" or "Not So Lucky" trophies may or may not drive you mad so hopefully you have some good luck. other than my op I had a good time. I hope to try and get another set of armor and see what happens. 

• Like 2

This trophy was acting weird for me as well. I did everything with a coop partner, we had 11 armor sets (2 of them from the DLC) and the trophy didn't pop.

I went to get another set solo (the Twisted set from The Gallows on Earth) and the trophy popped.

However, my coop partner joined my game, got Twisted armor in my game, but no trophy for him... He's going to try and find another armor set in a solo offline game and see what happens...

Edited by ZankaiPowaa

9 hours ago, And98s said:

I read somewhere that sometimes the armor set you are wearing doesn't count for the trophy.

12 minutes ago, ZankaiPowaa said:

This trophy was acting weird for me as well. I did everything with a coop partner, we had 11 armor sets (2 of them from the DLC) and the trophy didn't pop.

I went to get another set solo (the Twisted set from The Gallows on Earth) and the trophy popped.

However, my coop partner joined my game, got Twisted armor in my game, but no trophy for him... He's going to try and find another armor set in a solo offline game and see what happens...

10 hours ago, Ptirle said:

Same thing happened to me also, 10 armor sets no trophy. 

Maybe if we acquire more sets... 

Okay so think I found a fix using what a reddit user said. I didn't have the "Slayer Armor" set (for giving the swamp queen the beast heart instead of the undying king) so i went after that today. Right before I turned in the heart I backed my save up. I removed my current set of armor so I was wearing nothing. When I received my 11th set of armor it equipped it for me and I was awarded my trophy and the platinum! I still have my save if anyone has 10 sets and needs this one I am willing to help. 

Compiling info from various sources it seems like the ones that might not count are: Adventure Set, starting set (for whichever class you chose) and the one you have currently equipped if different from either of those two. So total is number of complete sets you have minus some number between zero and three at any given moment.

Edit: Will post my collection when I eventually get it to pop. I have 12 sets so far...

Edit 2: So here is what happened with me...

1. Osseus (equipped, maybe doesn’t count?)

2. Bandit

3. Cultist

4. Drifter

5. Hunter

6. Leto

7. Radiant

8. Scavenger (DLC)

9. Scrapper (starter, maybe doesn’t count?)

10. Void

11. Warlord (DLC)

12. Adventurer (doesn’t count?)

plus part of the Akari and Twisted sets. Of those the last two I earned were the DLC ones. No trophy.

Then I picked up my 13th set from the main game - Elder Set. Trophy popped. I still had the Osseus equipped.

For my coop partner it didn’t pop, and he had to go earn another set from a session he hosted.

There don’t seem to be any logical reasons why it took 13 for me. Maybe the ones I flagged sometimes don’t count, maybe the DLC messes with the count. More likely it’s just flaky coding but it does at least seem to pop within a few sets of 10.

Edited by bobthecrazydog
Update in light of other posts
  • Like 1

I got the trophy last night as soon as I found the missing headgear of the Drifter Set (didn't even have to equip it). By then I had a total of 11 complete sets:

1 - Osseus (equipped)

2 - Elder

3 - Hunter (my starting set)

4 - Twisted (all four pieces)

5 - Adventurer

6 - Leto

7 - Radiant 

8 - Void

9 - Cultist (purchased)

10 - Scrapper (purchased)

11 - Drifter

So yeah, there is something wrong with the trophy description when it says "Acquire 10 armor sets"

• Like 2

So you can get locked out of the trophy if you constantly join someones game and get armor sets that way? Neato. 

EDIT:

Uploaded the save to the cloud, joined friend yesterday and got bandit set, no trophy, got 11 sets with it.

Downloaded save from the cloud, tried to find the bandit set solo, got it, trophy poped. 

So yeah, host gets the count for armor sets. 

Edited by Ptirle

1 hour ago, Ptirle said:

So yeah, host gets the count for armor sets. 

Incorrect, all my armour sets were obtained whilst being the additional player of a friend. Last night we both earned the trophy, the only issue I had was finding the drifter armour helmet. 

In the end we settled for a quick earth speedrun & subsidised it for Leto's armour set instead. 

18 minutes ago, MickeyMixLipa said:

Incorrect, all my armour sets were obtained whilst being the additional player of a friend. Last night we both earned the trophy, the only issue I had was finding the drifter armour helmet. 

In the end we settled for a quick earth speedrun & subsidised it for Leto's armour set instead. 

Ok so how do you explain mine situation? What is incorrect about it? You say I lie? 

For the guy above the guy, I didnt need to unequip anything when I got tge trophy, and when I did unequip it before I got the trophy, I didnt get it also, so... 

Edited by Ptirle

1 minute ago, Ptirle said:

Ok so how do you explain mine situation? What is incorrect about it? You say I lie? 

I'm not saying that at all, the trophy glitches are well documented. For your next set, remove all your armour & then collect the set. 

There's plenty of sets in the game for you to keep going, good luck man. 

7 minutes ago, MickeyMixLipa said:

I'm not saying that at all, the trophy glitches are well documented. For your next set, remove all your armour & then collect the set. 

There's plenty of sets in the game for you to keep going, good luck man. 

Ok no problem, got the platinum, just wanted to point out that I got 11 sets, before geting another set. When I joined and got the armor, no trophy. When I tried solo for the same armor I got the trophy. I was clothed in both instances. 

Edited by Ptirle