Flapmaster: my collection of useful tips

XpanderFX

2 hours ago, Ctrlolol said:

Never understood how / why people thought this trophy was so difficult to the point where there have been countless forums and lengthy elaborate posts such as this one. Kudos to you for taking the time to write this, but idk1f605.png trophy/achievement took a couple trys sure, but maybe less than 5 minutes worth

its the power of hype. if everyone says a trophy is hard, then you are prepared to the worst, and think you can never do it. as opposite, if everyone says something its easy, then you take the challenge not so seriously and complete it without any issues. and i think its a general life's rule

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2021 at 9:50 AM, Ctrlolol said:

Never understood how / why people thought this trophy was so difficult to the point where there have been countless forums and lengthy elaborate posts such as this one. Kudos to you for taking the time to write this, but idk1f605.png trophy/achievement took a couple trys sure, but maybe less than 5 minutes worth

It's bad dude. The sentiment towards this trophy didn't materialize out of nothing. Your experience is not Thee Experience. 

• Like 3

Having just done this and reading tips and forums... and failing for the first 3 hours (with breaks & walking away) ... I turned it back on the next day and did it in 5 minutes. Getting the hang of the jump and where to jump was the 'tricky' part for me. Once you get a feel for the rhythm it's a matter of just getting a decent board and landing the jumps. I hit the 8th & 9th gates in the first 2 hours so I knew it was just a matter of time. I had runs where I couldn't get past the 1st gate like 10 times in a row.

Turning on mutators was a complete waste of time for me as I noticed zero difference - more annoying than anything else ... especially the one that has gas & deadmau... starting from slightly below the gate and jumping into it, then jumping out of it just before landing on it was the key for me.

The only 'techniques' I used were the Zoom function on the tv to make it slightly bigger. Used the regular goat, lined up in the center of the Goatville tv with it's head just under the tv.

The idea of the screen being larger for me was I was able to hit the second jump inside the gate with a higher success rate.

I do appreciate seeing people putting up their tips though... in the end I just needed some practice & luck.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2021 at 4:08 PM, NeW_CLeaR_HoRRoR said:

Used the regular goat, lined up in the center of the Goatville tv with it's head just under the tv.

After ~50-60 tries, I tried it your way (no modifiers, sitting in front of Goatville TV) and I got it first try. Not sure if it was luck but thanks regardless!

Edited by xMILLZEx

• 7 months later...

Just started trying to go for this. My first 20 runs I couldn’t get past gate 1 so wasn’t looking good. I still have the original flappy bird and have got 17 before but it’s not something I put much time into as why would you subject yourself to that. This feels very different to me, the original ‘bird’ glides a tiny bit more than this goat which drops like a rock so much so you sometimes start a level and drop before you reach the first gate. After 30 minutes ish I got a gate 8.. I think the key to doing that was letting the goat drop to the first rung of the ladder just before the first pole; pressing to get over; and pressing again at the second pole of the ladder. I think I was just on a good rhythm but saw I had 8 and the end in sight on the screen and crapped myself. Not yet replicated it.

What a stinker.

2 hour plat... pfft :)

• 4 weeks later...

The best tip here by far is angling the screen so you cannot see the score. Every time I got a good run going I couldn’t resist glancing at the number quickly to see how close I was, and I would buckle under the pressure every time.

Oh and bring some damn visine… It’s really difficult to blink while you’re playing. ?

Most important of all, go into this challenge fully expecting it to be frustrating and to potentially take a couple hours. If you’re expecting to struggle with this right from the beginning, it’s a lot easier to maintain a zen like calm and avoid getting frustrated when you fail. 

Edited by dieselmanchild

Some good tips and some things I didn't even think of when  I was going for this.

For myself the things that helped most were muting the sound and just taking breaks if I was struggling and coming back to it a bit later. I think I was able to do it in about 3 hours if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I gradually got used to how the game worked. At first when I died. I'd average 0.5 to 1.5 gates for about 2 hours.

The next day for a couple hours I'd average 2.0 to 3.5 before death.

And finally while taking time away from it. After 45 mins of dying around 5.0 gates I finally got it.

I took a lot of time off in between because I can't stand obsessing over something that's so tedious to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a go at it tonight and did it in about 20 mintues. Hiding the score is best advice. Did it on the big TV in Goatville. Got in close and just had the score and the top row shaved off. Meant I didn't worry about that or the tops of the barriers and just focused on the drop. After I made those adjustments I got it fairly quickly.

• 1 month later...

I was prepared for hell, spent probably 30 minutes reading about tips and tricks for this trophy. Started it maybe 20 minutes ago and got it 10 minutes later. 

I activated the mutators that are recommended but didnt see any difference on my ps5 and ended up deactivating them again. I reached 4 for the first time the try before and figured I'll go for 5 this time and finished at 10.

I was probably lucky. The last five didnt change much in altitude so it was kind of straight going.

• Like 1