ScooloV

Cross progress

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

FYI this version has all characters from EU version available, which allows to autopop a lot of trophies (upgrading once will give you all +10/+20 trophies etc), if you already got platinum.

Edited by ScooloV

Posted (edited)

Some update to cross-progress:

Japanese version can be played only with japanese version, so online is almost empty (Japan got another game in PS Plus).

If you unlocked all armor sets and traits in previous game, just create new character, after getting any trait and starting armor set you get all 10/20/etc trophies (cause you have it on your account).

For unknown reason, after you kill final boss, Ford is gone from his prison (so you can't speak with him without starting new campaign). Also if you gave Heart to the King, he won't speak with you as well. You also need to kill all the bosses again, and find&return Coin/Ring/Heart once more. Upgrading dragon heart is also non-retroactive (you need to do it on your new character).

So the best solution is to create new character (in case you max leveled you main) and start campaign, complete tutorial, walk till root mother, then upgrade your dragon heart with simulacrum (also kill 1 boss for weapon). After that take your main character and restart his campaign, complete it and then reroll adventures until you get all the boss kills (and also ring/coin).

You can also play in coop in main version with your buddy, until you reach any boss, then quit the game and start japanese version - kill it solo, after you got trophy quit japanese version and continue to play in coop.

Edited by ScooloV

9 minutes ago, ScooloV said:

Some update to cross-progress:

Japanese version can be played only with japanese version, so online is almost empty (Japan got another game in PS Plus).

If you unlocked all armor sets and traits in previous game, just create new character, after getting any trait and starting armor set you get all 10/20/etc trophies (cause you have it on your account).

For unknown reason, after you kill final boss, Ford is gone from his prison (so you can't speak with him without starting new campaign). Also if you gave Heart to the King, he won't speak with you as well. You also need to kill all the bosses again, and find&return Coin/Ring/Heart once more. Upgrading dragon heart is also non-retroactive (you need to do it on your new character).

So the best solution is to create new character (in case you max leveled you main) and start campaign, complete tutorial, walk till root mother, then upgrade your dragon heart with simulacrum (also kill 1 boss for weapon). After that take your main character and restart his campaign, complete it and then reroll adventures until you get all the boss kills (and also ring/coin).

You can also play in coop in main version with your buddy, until you reach any boss, then quit the game and start japanese version - kill it solo, after you got trophy quit japanese version and continue to play in coop.

According to the patch notes for the 1.22 update, the region lock was removed between the Global and JP versions of the game - are you saying that's not actually the case?: https://games-guides.com/remnant-from-the-ashes-update-1-22-patch-notes-on-dec-14/

Posted (edited)

56 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

are you saying that's not actually the case?

Well it seems they didn't, my friends can't see me, I can't see their games. If I search random game in the PS Plus version of the game it is like 50+ games available, but in japanese version maximum 1-2 and everyone is from japan (checked their PSN ID) with sometimes really terrible ping (which is kinda expected).

For example now it is 13:20 in Central Europe and everyone (including me) should be either working or in school/univercity, but there are plenty of games available:

remnant-eu.jpg

In Japan it is 21:20, so must be really active, and to be honest it actually is (usually there are like 1 game with 2 ppl maximum), you can check the PSN ID, they are all japanese:

remnant-jp.jpg

Edited by ScooloV

1 hour ago, ScooloV said:

Well it seems they didn't, my friends can't see me, I can't see their games. If I search random game in the PS Plus version of the game it is like 50+ games available, but in japanese version maximum 1-2 and everyone is from japan (checked their PSN ID) with sometimes really terrible ping (which is kinda expected).

For example now it is 13:20 in Central Europe and everyone (including me) should be either working or in school/univercity, but there are plenty of games available:

remnant-eu.jpg

In Japan it is 21:20, so must be really active, and to be honest it actually is (usually there are like 1 game with 2 ppl maximum), you can check the PSN ID, they are all japanese:

remnant-jp.jpg

I should have learned a long time ago that patch notes can't be trusted :(.