Demek97

Infinite loading screen after "Siege" quest

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

After watching the 3 cutscenes and the end of "Siege" quest the game just load forever. The music starts playing but you cant do shit. I waited like 30min so its a 100% games fault.

 

Things I tried:

 

-Loading older save (infinite loading)

-Doing the "Rocketeer" quest in different way (infinite loading) 

-Starting the game Offline (infinite loading) 

-Going to dashboard while the last cutscene plays (same bs)

-Gettin rid of dog (same bs)

 

 

Any way to finish the game without starting it from the scratch ? 

 

I just feel like the game gave me a middle finger after playing 70+h. 

 

Edit1. 

 

-Loading a save before monastery quest "A needle in a heystack" and gettin back to the point of bug (surprise, surprise again infinite loading) 

-Deleting the game and instaling it without the internet connection ( THX WarHorse for the best future ever, the saves are not compatible with the older patch) 

 

So yeah the best option for people who are stuck in the same place as me. Take the disk, put it right back to the box, throw this shit to the trash and go buy a better game. 

 

Edit2.

 

I'm crazy and I'm currently playing the game again from the scratch, yes it works this time, so my best advise for people who want's to finish the game DON'T PLAY THE DLC BEFORE FINISHING THE STORY. I'm not 100% sure but I think the "A Woman's Lot" DLC it's broken in the Royal Edition and make the "Siege" quest softlock you forever in the infinite loading screen after the cutscene. If you get the bug like me the only way to finish the story and trophies is to delete your old save data and start the new game. Pray to God you dont have to suffer like me because speedrunning this game is no fun at all  ;) 

Edited by Demek97
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

Not sure if you tried but do a clean reinstall and copy your save file. 

Nothing changes. 

 

I spend like 10h trying to do different things and everything ends with the same result. I looked online and the only help I found was some mod for PC version... cool. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Demek97 said:

Nothing changes. 

 

I spend like 10h trying to do different things and everything ends with the same result. I looked online and the only help I found was some mod for PC version... cool. 

 

Sorry to hear that, especially as you have a near perfect completion rate. I haven't heard of this bug before, wonder what caused it. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Siege bugged on me numerous times in many different ways. Cut scenes not starting when they're supposed to, loading screens lasting forever. I fixed mine the majority of the time by replaying the mission (always had a save before) there was a time when I had no other choice but to just start the game again.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Such a nice feature of the game. Just a step before ending my first playthrough and gettin the Merciful and Virgin trophy :|

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Demek97 said:

Such a nice feature of the game. Just a step before ending my first playthrough and gettin the Merciful and Virgin trophy :|

 

 

I know, I figured it would have been patched by now. I loved the game and still recommend it but it was things like that, that just made me give up on the 100%. I needed to do another play through because I missed 1 thing within the campaign so some trophies within Johanka DLC wouldn't pop and I just didnt have it in me.

 

Have been thinking about going back to it now I have the PS5 though. Are you playing on the PS4 or 5?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Silocia said:

I know, I figured it would have been patched by now. I loved the game and still recommend it but it was things like that, that just made me give up on the 100%. I needed to do another play through because I missed 1 thing within the campaign so some trophies within Johanka DLC wouldn't pop and I just didnt have it in me.

 

Have been thinking about going back to it now I have the PS5 though. Are you playing on the PS4 or 5?

PS4 Pro 

 

I thought the same about playing it on PS5 but a the time I don't own one so maybe in future. 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Demek97 said:

PS4 Pro 

 

I thought the same about playing it on PS5 but a the time I don't own one so maybe in future. 

 

I was just curious to see if it ran better on the PS5 thats all.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/3/2021 at 8:10 PM, Demek97 said:

After watching the 3 cutscenes and the end of "Siege" quest the game just load forever. The music starts playing but you cant do shit. I waited like 30min so its a 100% games fault.

 

It might be due to active status effects. You wouldn't happen to have had the Alcoholic or Drunk debuff? Those have been known to cause issues.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, fadingtrails said:

 

It might be due to active status effects. You wouldn't happen to have had the Alcoholic or Drunk debuff? Those have been known to cause issues.

Nope. Not a single debuff only Nice Doggy and Flower Power buffs but I tried the cutscene without the dog and nothing changes. Maybe the Flower bonus... I might try it. 

 

Edit. Same result - infinite loading screen. I had only the Resistance buff but I dont know how to get rid of it. 

Edited by Demek97
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Demek97 said:

Nope. Not a single debuff only Nice Doggy and Flower Power buffs but I tried the cutscene without the dog and nothing changes. Maybe the Flower bonus... I might try it. 

 

Edit. Same result - infinite loading screen. I had only the Resistance buff but I dont know how to get rid of it. 

 

Sorry, I thought that might have been it. I vaguely remember getting stuck on a loading screen after the Siege quest too, once. But I don't remember the circumstances.

 

If you still feel like trying, you could drink Lethean Water to reset your skill points just before you're about to complete the quest, and maybe remove the gear you're wearing. If that makes any sense to you.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27.03.2021 at 1:50 PM, fadingtrails said:

 

Sorry, I thought that might have been it. I vaguely remember getting stuck on a loading screen after the Siege quest too, once. But I don't remember the circumstances.

 

If you still feel like trying, you could drink Lethean Water to reset your skill points just before you're about to complete the quest, and maybe remove the gear you're wearing. If that makes any sense to you.

Same result as usual - infinite loading. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Damnit, 160+ hours and this bit me in the ass too. If it is tied to an issue with Theresa's questline I do have a save from the beginning of the die is cast as I waited till the endgame for most of the DLC missions. If it is tied to Johanka's DLC questline I'll have to redo the monastery- FML. (Those circators may end up dead this time around...)

 

I'll post an update if it works or not.

 

Edit: I'm gutted right now. Going back to before Theresa's DLC and playing through didn't work and I don't have the will right now to go through the monastery crap right now - I'm definitely just murdering Pious this time though. Screw faffing about as a monk.

 

@Demek97 I see you have completed KC:D 100%. Did you ever find a fix or did you just start over with a new save?

Edited by da-Noob123
Update
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

There is no way around. You need to start a new game and delete all of the old saves. My advice is, don't start a single quest from DLC and don't take the dog. After skipping the DLC the game should work as intended. You can pretty easily speedrun the game in 8-10h if you care only about the "The end" "Merciful" "Virgin" trophy and do everything else on the broken save file before starting a fresh run. 

 

Edit: The "Freud" trophy is pain in the ass because you need some high stats like 12-14 speech 18 charisma and 14-16 strenght so when you start a new game put every point into speech and go to skalitz for some high lvl gear from bandits or just steal some fancy clothes from vendors. 

Edited by Demek97
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2021 at 5:54 PM, Demek97 said:

There is no way around. You need to start a new game and delete all of the old saves. My advice is, don't start a single quest from DLC and don't take the dog. After skipping the DLC the game should work as intended. You can pretty easily speedrun the game in 8-10h if you care only about the "The end" "Merciful" "Virgin" trophy and do everything else on the broken save file before starting a fresh run. 

 

Edit: The "Freud" trophy is pain in the ass because you need some high stats like 12-14 speech 18 charisma and 14-16 strenght so when you start a new game put every point into speech and go to skalitz for some high lvl gear from bandits or just steal some fancy clothes from vendors. 

Damn, that sucks to hear. Luckily I have done pretty much everything but beat the game. 

 

10 hours doesn't sound too bad, though on Hardcore it might take double that time for me.

 

Thanks for the heads up on Freud, it sucks because it was literally the next trophy I'd have gotten on the corrupt save and leveling speech is so tedious. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is a bit old but it worked fine for me when skipping the cutscenes right away, I don't see anyone mentioning this...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Elbender93 said:

This thread is a bit old but it worked fine for me when skipping the cutscenes right away, I don't see anyone mentioning this...

I tried this several times but I still got the infinite loading screen afterwards. Do you have the Royal Edition or the base game? 

 

I have the Royal Edition and the bug seems to be triggered by interacting with any part of the last DLC, A Woman's Lot, whether it be getting the dog as a companion or playing either Theresa's or Johanka's quests. I don't know if the base game is equally affected by having this DLC installed or not. The only solution so far I have found is what Demek97 said above, start a new game and avoid A Woman's Lot like the plague. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

I tried this several times but I still got the infinite loading screen afterwards. Do you have the Royal Edition or the base game? 

 

I have the Royal Edition and the bug seems to be triggered by interacting with any part of the last DLC, A Woman's Lot, whether it be getting the dog as a companion or playing either Theresa's or Johanka's quests. I don't know if the base game is equally affected by having this DLC installed or not. The only solution so far I have found is what Demek97 said above, start a new game and avoid A Woman's Lot like the plague. 

I have the base game with all dlc installed, the quest bugged out at me with the infinite loading, then when I tried skipping cutscenes right away it worked

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Elbender93 said:

I have the base game with all dlc installed, the quest bugged out at me with the infinite loading, then when I tried skipping cutscenes right away it worked

Well at least base game users have a workaround. 

 

I started a new speedrun save a while back but having had invested so much time in it and then hit that bug, I needed a break and have yet to go back and finish it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.