Hard Mode EASY boss guides, Farming guides, Chapter Enemy guides plus more

Optinooby

Just added Crab Warden and Airbuster, it's hard to gauge if I have gone a bit too much into the explanation here so would appreciate the feedback to know I can keep doing this for the remaining battles xD!! I almost do these with no damage and the fight is MUCH quicker than the videos, literally like a few mins, it's just me explaining it, pausing etc which adds the time!

• Like 1

Hello, I upgraded all Materia to the maximum.

I'm using Elemental + (Fire, Thunder), it depends on the Boss's powers, on the ring to absorb magic and recover HP. In my opinion, having the Elemental Matter at its maximum is the big difference, the others don't need it so much.

And I've been killing Bosses without difficulty, Hard Mode has been very easy. hahahahaha'

6 hours ago, NodnerbZero said:

Hello, I upgraded all Materia to the maximum.

I'm using Elemental + (Fire, Thunder), it depends on the Boss's powers, on the ring to absorb magic and recover HP. In my opinion, having the Elemental Matter at its maximum is the big difference, the others don't need it so much.

And I've been killing Bosses without difficulty, Hard Mode has been very easy. hahahahaha'

Oh yea, quite a few players don't find it difficult actually, I've just try to come with a precise step by step consistent way for every to use should they need it ;)

HP+MP absorb and Magnify are also good at maximum for quick mob killing when coupled with a maxed first strike, fuels itself then

Time also wants maxing as stop is useful for certain encounters. Crab Warden for example, its stagger in its last phase last for about 3 seconds, but if you use stop, it will last for 13 secs instead, meaning you can end him, just 1 example.

I know if you find the game easy, maxing materia may not be needed, but definitely helps to max as much as possible!

• Like 1

looking like great guides so far, i like the step by step explanation. i'm not done with my first playthrough yet but will sure check your guides out when it comes to hard mode.

seeing all these maxed materias makes me wonder how long it will take me to get them maxed up as well.

Unrelated but I just wanted to say that your guides for Resident Evil Zero got me through that game and to the platinum trophy with ease, so thank you so much for the work and detail you put into your walkthroughs.

57 minutes ago, preciseRNG said:

looking like great guides so far, i like the step by step explanation. i'm not done with my first playthrough yet but will sure check your guides out when it comes to hard mode.

seeing all these maxed materias makes me wonder how long it will take me to get them maxed up as well.

Farming aint too bad, u can do it endgame via the farming strat above, and will get u max most in an hr or so. Most of them dont need doing, but nice to have ready just in case. 

Thing is, if u dont wanna waste time farming before hard mode as u dont have to, then hard mode will be harder and it may make u waste more time via deatha and poor build usage

Sure takea an hr or so, but it lets u earn that time back ;)

52 minutes ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

I'm pretty sure the Limit Drive item from the Pride and Joy tends to decimate nearly all hard mode bosses in seconds outside of the boss in the Shina HQ right before the speedway chase.

Most of the hard bosses have various locked phases so u cant kill in seconds, but it is great for doing tonnes of damage.

Problem is doing PrideJoy that early will be the hardest thing you do perhaps. Some can do it, but i think its a more accessible strategy to level up ur weapons a bit more and get some hard practice ;)

34 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Unrelated but I just wanted to say that your guides for Resident Evil Zero got me through that game and to the platinum trophy with ease, so thank you so much for the work and detail you put into your walkthroughs.

Pleasure was all mine m8 ;)

• Like 2

Just added many more, Abzu (10), Ghoul, Eligor, Rude & Reno, Failed Experiment and Abzu (14).

What I deem to be easiest way all broken down step by step, if already done, I would still like to think some players may learn some new tips here ;) 

• Like 3

Gonna use your ap guide. Glad you mentioned about how you gain the same ap amount between difficulties as I was thinking of doing it on hard. Cheers for that. Watched your Scorpion vid and love how fool proofed they are. This guide will be so much help for me when I go for the hard chapters so thanks for putting the work in man. 

8 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Gonna use your ap guide. Glad you mentioned about how you gain the same ap amount between difficulties as I was thinking of doing it on hard. Cheers for that. Watched your Scorpion vid and love how fool proofed they are. This guide will be so much help for me when I go for the hard chapters so thanks for putting the work in man. 

Hope they are as foolproof as I tried to make them m8, let me know ;)

Yea, everywhere says it the same across difficulties, but its not, EXP and GIL is different, only AP is the same which is why I mentioned it

Any questions m8 on anything, im all ears ;)

(Btw, ive done Valkyrie, Ch15 bos, just wont get chance to edit/add comm for few days, but if anyone wants my strat for that beforehand, let me know!). Basically with Valkyrie we dont need to heal and each stage last about 10 secs, quite a simple fight really. 

Edited by Optinooby

2 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Hope they are as foolproof as I tried to make them m8, let me know ;)

Yea, everywhere says it the same across difficulties, but its not, EXP and GIL is different, only AP is the same which is why I mentioned it

Any questions m8 on anything, im all ears ;)

(Btw, ive done Valkyrie, Ch15 bos, just wont get chance to edit/add comm for few days, but if anyone wants my strat for that beforehand, let me know!). Basically with Valkyrie we dont need to heal and each stage last about 10 secs, quite a simple fight really. 

Do you think repeating stage 16 car park is quicker than chapter 16 combat room with the flying squad first three rounds? I think the first round you get 48ap with Cloud's triple strike and then the next two rooms you get another 30-40ap and then you can quit out. You keep the stats but obviously lose 400gil, and if hard mode is most people playthroughs then people could just sell all items and make a tonne of cash back to cover it. 

I had a go at the car park stage 16 on hard just to see if I could get to the combat room as people say that the necklace from the big boss is great for hard mode, but I never even made it out of the car park. I need to find a sort of spread sheet with weapon builds as well as respecing them to stand any chance at all, as well as obviously upgrade the mp/hp ups. But also that was straight into chapter 16 on hard, so I imagine starting from the first stage will allow me to gradually adapt to the difficulty until I can make it back there. 

1 hour ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Do you think repeating stage 16 car park is quicker than chapter 16 combat room with the flying squad first three rounds? I think the first round you get 48ap with Cloud's triple strike and then the next two rooms you get another 30-40ap and then you can quit out. You keep the stats but obviously lose 400gil, and if hard mode is most people playthroughs then people could just sell all items and make a tonne of cash back to cover it. 

I had a go at the car park stage 16 on hard just to see if I could get to the combat room as people say that the necklace from the big boss is great for hard mode, but I never even made it out of the car park. I need to find a sort of spread sheet with weapon builds as well as respecing them to stand any chance at all, as well as obviously upgrade the mp/hp ups. But also that was straight into chapter 16 on hard, so I imagine starting from the first stage will allow me to gradually adapt to the difficulty until I can make it back there. 

I tried them all, Chapter 16 IS THE BEST as u can have 3 characters slots full of materia, plus XP/GIL, its actually really quick once u get going as well ;)

With the Chapter 16 accessory, I dont recommend it first. Many do advise to go for it first off all, if u are asking for my opinion though........ then leave it and do the chapters in order, then just get it when u get there

Getting that accessory is what many consider to be the hardest feat in the game, so u are going straight from the EASIEST feat (easy difficulty) to the HARDEST feat in the gamw, its a massive jump with not much practice

Plus, the accessory gives u max limit break to begin a battle, but almost ALL the boss fights have locked phases where when their HP hits a certain point, you cant damage them anymore until after the cutscene, this makes the accessory almost useless because after u have used it and skipped a phase, you still need a strategy for the rest of the guide

I would leave the accessory and just get it later, its not that useful. You will see in my videos how easy the bosses are without that accessory, that accessory just complicates them further as u then have to work that in!! 

This is just MY opinion, no more right than anybody elses, please remember ;)

If need any know weapon builds, in my boss guides, I show this at the start, plus I thinl I replied to you in another thread and spoke more on it. 

Plus going for the accessory earlier is HARDER as u have less manuscripts, meaning less weapon upgrades and likely u are are weapon level 5, NOT 6 so missing a sub-core full off new upgrades! 

3 hours ago, Storfl_92 said:

Thank you Optinooby for your work. I just used it for the hellhouse fight. Really easy. I will come back to your videos if i struggle again.

Thanks, did it work then as I expected and explained, more or less?? Im interested to know if these strtlats are as easy to copy as I hoped ;)

40 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I tried them all, Chapter 16 IS THE BEST as u can have 3 characters slots full of materia, plus XP/GIL, its actually really quick once u get going as well ;)

With the Chapter 16 accessory, I dont recommend it first. Many do advise to go for it first off all, if u are asking for my opinion though........ then leave it and do the chapters in order, then just get it when u get there

Getting that accessory is what many consider to be the hardest feat in the game, so u are going straight from the EASIEST feat (easy difficulty) to the HARDEST feat in the gamw, its a massive jump with not much practice

Plus, the accessory gives u max limit break to begin a battle, but almost ALL the boss fights have locked phases where when their HP hits a certain point, you cant damage them anymore until after the cutscene, this makes the accessory almost useless because after u have used it and skipped a phase, you still need a strategy for the rest of the guide

I would leave the accessory and just get it later, its not that useful. You will see in my videos how easy the bosses are without that accessory, that accessory just complicates them further as u then have to work that in!! 

This is just MY opinion, no more right than anybody elses, please remember ;)

If need any know weapon builds, in my boss guides, I show this at the start, plus I thinl I replied to you in another thread and spoke more on it. 

Plus going for the accessory earlier is HARDER as u have less manuscripts, meaning less weapon upgrades and likely u are are weapon level 5, NOT 6 so missing a sub-core full off new upgrades! 

Appreciate the info once again. Yeah I noticed in your later vids on this page that you do indeed add a weapons setup. I posted that after the first vid which may be the only one you don't have that featured in. But not having a pop. I subscribed to your YT channel the moment I saw how much effort you put into these videos. 

Hard mode will most likely be my final playthrough (unless I actually enjoy playing in that mode) so when I go through I will be taking my time and doing as much as I can, no skipping scenes or anything as I love what they did with the cutscenes. I also noticed that when you get KO'd in hard mode, it doesn't make you restart the whole chapter but at a specific save point. So when I was getting wrecked in the final area of the carpark, it would respawn me just outside the gate next to it, obviously though it leaves you with what ever damage you took in the save section. But its still better than having to do the entire stage or worrying about reloads etc. 

2 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Thanks, did it work then as I expected and explained, more or less?? Im interested to know if these strtlats are as easy to copy as I hoped ;)

Yes its really easy to follow. I just watch you doing one step then i did the same and paused the game rinse and repeat. I didnt have all materias to max as you described but in the end i just ran around and hit hellhouse with two more spells and thats it. Did it first try. Thank you

Ahh this game is really tough for me. Started from chapter 1 and used hardedge and can wreck the human soldiers no problems, got hit by the dogs a few times but I could get the health back thanks to that blood perk. Lost Have around 7k health and 9K for Barrent but lost around 2k each on the sweeper, then got destroyed by the scorpion when using the mythrial sword and was taking no effect even with lighting and elemental equipped twice for Cloud. Got it down to just after that huge blue laser it fires but its jumps even with shared barrier wrecked me. Gonna have to grind the fuck out of some of these materia if I can stand any chance but its gonna destroy the game for me.

Just added The Valkyrie (Ch15 boss) and Specimen H0512 (Ch16 boss) this will be it for a while actually as i'm taking a breather to do a guide for Oddworld Soulstorm and Horizon Zero Dawn, hopefully won't be too long though, hope these help!!

On 07/04/2021 at 9:30 PM, DaveMcDamage said:

Ahh this game is really tough for me. Started from chapter 1 and used hardedge and can wreck the human soldiers no problems, got hit by the dogs a few times but I could get the health back thanks to that blood perk. Lost Have around 7k health and 9K for Barrent but lost around 2k each on the sweeper, then got destroyed by the scorpion when using the mythrial sword and was taking no effect even with lighting and elemental equipped twice for Cloud. Got it down to just after that huge blue laser it fires but its jumps even with shared barrier wrecked me. Gonna have to grind the fuck out of some of these materia if I can stand any chance but its gonna destroy the game for me.

Yea you can do it, but you really need to know the mechanics, boss moves etc, maxing stuff will make it a lot easier!

• Like 1

On 07/04/2021 at 9:30 PM, DaveMcDamage said:

Have you got the gotterdamarung yet ? it makes pedigree chum out of those dogs

On 4/11/2021 at 0:18 PM, NoosaHeadz said:

Have you got the gotterdamarung yet ? it makes pedigree chum out of those dogs

Mate I couldn't even beat the white dog for ages let alone 5 bosses in a row lol. I've watched some vids of the top secret stuff and its way beyond me. I'm currently saved at the crab warden boss. As well as Optin's guides, I also found a fast battle where they just tank attack it, but because most of my stuff isn't maxed I can only take about 10 hits and then the team is out. It's gonna take me a while to get the grasp of this game, but got way too much going on. And having to do the same stuff over and over gets to me in games. I say it every time but I think this will be the last Japanese game I play for quite some time. 

Best I have done on crab warden so far is get it down to the point where the pilots health appears, but then it does some move which just wipes out Cloud and Tifa. Used Barrets limit break but it took no damage of it and then I just switched off after it wrecked him with 3 hits. 

edit

@Optinooby

Watched your guide for Crab Warden after getting in some serious grind and eventually killed it with Tifa and Cloud KO'd and 1 point of health left with Barret. 1f**king point of health man!

Now on the air buster boss so gonna probably have to quit out, grind some materia and then study the fudge out of your vid. Cheers again for these man. 

@Optinooby

Airbuster battle

1st attempt. I did the same commands as you suggest but when the final lightning hit it zapped his stagger bar when going into stage 2. Made it messily to stage 3 but got wrecked. 

2nd and 3rd attempts. This time I must have forgotten something because I never cause enough stagger on stage 1 and going into stage 2 things got messy. 

4th attempt. Stage 1 went exactly to plan as it does in your vids. But when stage 2 started and I switched characters it all got messy and Cloud got blasted by a lightning beam. In your setup vid you actually leave Cloud with 1 free slot so in that I put an HP Up and it saved me big time. Went into stage 3 no probs others than that hiccup. Stage 3 got a touch messy but nothing bad and I wrecked Airbuster with continuous lightning attacks. Cheers for this again, Optin. 

Edit

Had to use someone elses guide for the Hellhouse, but Optin's materia setup was much better than the other guys guide. The other guide doesn't rely on such close attacks being needed, but leaves beginners with little HP to play with when it gets messy. Optin's materia setup was perfect for that and I pass it on my second attempt when using the combined guides. Can't last long againts Azbu though. 

From chapter 8 I'd say the vid guides are for the more experienced players due to the timing Optin has figured out attacks to put bosses into stagger. I will stick with his materia setups as they're great, but the vids are pretty difficult for average players from chapter 8. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage

• 3 weeks later...

Hell house video was awesome, took 3 attempts to get the timing and attacks down but I greatly appreciate it. Currently doing replays of the dress chapters so I have only used the videos for Reno, Rude, and Hell House. Your setup and tactics have been great so far. Yes they are very specific but when you nail the steps *chef's kiss.*

13 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

Hell house video was awesome, took 3 attempts to get the timing and attacks down but I greatly appreciate it. Currently doing replays of the dress chapters so I have only used the videos for Reno, Rude, and Hell House. Your setup and tactics have been great so far. Yes they are very specific but when you nail the steps *chef's kiss.*

When you get to chapter 12 boss fight against Reno & Rude, there are a couple of things to do that Optin doesn't use the the vid guide. If like me you don't have the skills of Optin and can't nail the exact timing, in his vid he uses wind and then quickly gets in a focus hit. Instead of the focus shot and missing, use wind, then when it hits cast stop. This holds him in place and then with Tifa keep attacking and use the chi trap to hold him, just repeat that throughout his stages. The rest of his vid guide for this fight is sweet, but make it easier by having time and chi trap usage. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 9:42 PM, da-Noob123 said:

Scorpion and Crab Warden guides were excellent. I messed some things up with the Crab but still pulled through in the end in one try. ? I have beaten chapters 1-5 and 8-9 so  almost half-way done... with the easy half of the game. 

13 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

Scorpion and Crab Warden guides were excellent. I messed some things up with the Crab but still pulled through in the end in one try. 1f604.png I have beaten chapters 1-5 and 8-9 so  almost half-way done... with the easy half of the game. 

The 1st half is probably harder , 2nd half is pretty plain sailing until the last couple of chapters