Hard Mode EASY boss guides, Farming guides, Chapter Enemy guides plus more

Optinooby

23 minutes ago, NoosaHeadz said:

The 1st half is probably harder , 2nd half is pretty plain sailing until the last couple of chapters

That's reassuring to a degree but I can't help thinking of the vr combat missions and the boss rush hell of those end game chapters; which Optinooby hasn't posted videos for as of yet. So I will have to do some searching for an adequate guide for those.

21 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

That's reassuring to a degree but I can't help thinking of the vr combat missions and the boss rush hell of those end game chapters; which Optinooby hasn't posted videos for as of yet. So I will have to do some searching for an adequate guide for those.

Ive not even begun experimenting with them yet, I got to Ch17 and now ivr taken a bit of time out from FF7 to cover other games. 

Should be back onto FF7 after Re8

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

Ive not even begun experimenting with them yet, I got to Ch17 and now ivr taken a bit of time out from FF7 to cover other games. 

Should be back onto FF7 after Re8

I can only imagine how exhausting it can be trying to find a method that will always work, especially with how precise you need to be with your actions and ATB use.

Your work so far is greatly appreciated though I think I will finish Hard mode one way or another before you be able to circle back. I hope you enjoy your time in the Village. Watch out for werewolf zombies and tall menacing ladies. 

5 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

Airbuster guide was great, so was Ghoul, Eligor took me maybe 5 tries because Tifa kept dying  but I finally managed it. On chapter 12 now with those damn helitroopers. It figures they would annoy me more than bosses have so far. ?

Use magnify and fire with Cloud. Just hit them once with it and it should give you enough breathing space to wreck them with the weapons then. Also. In some areas you will smash crates for Mako. If one appears, save, reload and repeat to build up your mako, but be careful because the last area before the boss fight has no ako boxes. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Use magnify and fire with Cloud. Just hit them once with it and it should give you enough breathing space to wreck them with the weapons then. Also. In some areas you will smash crates for Mako. If one appears, save, reload and repeat to build up your mako, but be careful because the last area before the boss fight has no ako boxes. 

Thanks, I was afraid to use magic and this was the first time I have used it outside of boss battles so far. Aero lvl 1 works well too as long as they are hit when in the air it will pressure them long enough to stagger then kill them.

30 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

Thanks, I was afraid to use magic and this was the first time I have used it outside of boss battles so far. Aero lvl 1 works well too as long as they are hit when in the air it will pressure them long enough to stagger then kill them.

Just wondering what your build is as Hard mode is only slightly more difficult than Normal mode?

I used magic pretty freely and didn't even bother with Pray as it takes 2 instead of Cure only taking 1. Are you using MP and HP plus?

Once you get past the first few bosses they are all pretty much handle the exact same way just change up your materia for their weakness (and you can either look that up or just analyze them yourself.

As I mentioned in all my status updates this game isn't as hard as people are making it out to be as you can customize your characters to defeat every situation. It is like Bioshock. I see people using the glitch in that game but the game hands you unlimited tools to make you basically invincible against almost all threats.

Edited by Dr_Mayus

6 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Just wondering what your build is as Hard mode is only slightly more difficult than Normal mode?

I used magic pretty freely and didn't even bother with Pray as it takes 2 instead of Cure only taking 1. Are you using MP and HP plus?

Once you get past the first few bosses they are all pretty much handle the exact same way just change up your materia for their weakness (and you can either look that up or just analyze them yourself.

As I mentioned in all my status updates this game isn't as hard as people are making it out to be as you can customize your characters to defeat every situation. It is like Bioshock. I see people using the glitch in that game but the game hands you unlimited tools to make you basically invincible against almost all threats.

For mobs I typically equip their weakness w/ elemental and 1 or 2 HP+MP Ups depending on how many characters are in the party. First strike for a quick triple slash or braver has destroyed most mobs till now without having to resort to using magic except during boss fights. The helitroopers were the first mob enemy I have needed to use magic for and it was easily recovered from the crates. Healing I usually leave to Pray but I may start using magic a bit more loosely from here on out and abuse the crate save reload method.

I agree this game is not as hard as some make it to be but I do find Hard to be more than just slightly harder than Normal. I am predominantly burning through it but some bosses are very annoying. I just beat Reno and Rude on hard and it took like an hour and half even following Optinooby's guide - I  spent less time on Hell House. 6 chapters left... wish me luck.

9 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

For mobs I typically equip their weakness w/ elemental and 1 or 2 HP+MP Ups depending on how many characters are in the party. First strike for a quick triple slash or braver has destroyed most mobs till now without having to resort to using magic except during boss fights. The helitroopers were the first mob enemy I have needed to use magic for and it was easily recovered from the crates. Healing I usually leave to Pray but I may start using magic a bit more loosely from here on out and abuse the crate save reload method.

I agree this game is not as hard as some make it to be but I do find Hard to be more than just slightly harder than Normal. I am predominantly burning through it but some bosses are very annoying. I just beat Reno and Rude on hard and it took like an hour and half even following Optinooby's guide - I  spent less time on Hell House. 6 chapters left... wish me luck.

It sounds like you are putting too much work into it. There is no reason to abuse any save/reload as you get all your mp back after each chapter. That is why I was wondering how many mp plusses you have because by the end of my first normal playthrough I had 6 that were at least on the 3rd level.

I used this site for the 2 bosses that gave me trouble and it is very good, it can give you a breakdown of the weapons/materia to use. Honestly besides 1 or 2 bosses the rest should all fall with relative ease as Materia in the game is very overpowered.

https://www.gamerguides.com/final-fantasy-vii-remake/guide/hard-mode

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

It sounds like you are putting too much work into it. There is no reason to abuse any save/reload as you get all your mp back after each chapter. That is why I was wondering how many mp plusses you have because by the end of my first normal playthrough I had 6 that were at least on the 3rd level.

I used this site for the 2 bosses that gave me trouble and it is very good, it can give you a breakdown of the weapons/materia to use. Honestly besides 1 or 2 bosses the rest should all fall with relative ease as Materia in the game is very overpowered.

https://www.gamerguides.com/final-fantasy-vii-remake/guide/hard-mode

@Dr_Mayus Thanks for the link, I will definitely look at it for chapters 17 and 18 if needed. I most likely am putting too much work into it - I have a tendency to over think things, probably why I am at 90 hours in playtime. Currently working on the last 2 combat simulations before moving onto finishing the story.

@Optinooby Overall your guides were excellent. I only truly struggled with a few of them and it wasn't until the final one that I think I realized why. The hardest ones for me were when you mained as Tifa and had Parry equipped. I never used it and didn't know how it worked until fighting the Failed Experiment. I saw I wasn't dodging as fast or as far as you were and it was because I wasn't using R1+O to utilize Parry only O to Dodge. @DaveMcDamage Was that the same issue you had with Optinooby's later guides?

6 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

@Dr_Mayus Thanks for the link, I will definitely look at it for chapters 17 and 18 if needed. I most likely am putting too much work into it - I have a tendency to over think things, probably why I am at 90 hours in playtime. Currently working on the last 2 combat simulations before moving onto finishing the story.

@Optinooby Overall your guides were excellent. I only truly struggled with a few of them and it wasn't until the final one that I think I realized why. The hardest ones for me were when you mained as Tifa and had Parry equipped. I never used it and didn't know how it worked until fighting the Failed Experiment. I saw I wasn't dodging as fast or as far as you were and it was because I wasn't using R1+O to utilize Parry only O to Dodge. @DaveMcDamage Was that the same issue you had with Optinooby's later guides?

Yea using Tifa like that changes the pace quite a bit do I guess you do need to get used to it, but from my experimentation, is the easiest strategy to get down and you will need to learn to use her this way for later. 

Its weird that every1 generally says Hellhouse is the 1 of the hardest, when if u use the strategy I posted here for it, hes in there with the easier ones. 

If you have a optimal strategy ready to go with Hellhouse, u end up with so much breathing time, and the fight isnt even rushed

The later fights feel very rushed dont they as the bosses are relentless

Chapter 14 Abzu has been the worse boss for me so far

5 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Yea using Tifa like that changes the pace quite a bit do I guess you do need to get used to it, but from my experimentation, is the easiest strategy to get down and you will need to learn to use her this way for later. 

Its weird that every1 generally says Hellhouse is the 1 of the hardest, when if u use the strategy I posted here for it, hes in there with the easier ones. 

If you have a optimal strategy ready to go with Hellhouse, u end up with so much breathing time, and the fight isnt even rushed

The later fights feel very rushed dont they as the bosses are relentless

Chapter 14 Abzu has been the worse boss for me so far

Rude and Reno were the worst for me only because I wasn't using Parry like you did, it messed with the timing, Reno would get Pyramid going or Rude would wake up before Reno was down for the count. 

Last night I beat Pride and Joy, died once to Leviathan which honestly was harder than Bahamut IMO but managed to get through all 5 rounds on my second attempt. Now there should only be 4 roadblocks left on my race to the finish line. Jenova, Rufus and Darkstar, The Whispers,  and Sephiroth. 

1 hour ago, da-Noob123 said:

Rude and Reno were the worst for me only because I wasn't using Parry like you did, it messed with the timing, Reno would get Pyramid going or Rude would wake up before Reno was down for the count. 

Last night I beat Pride and Joy, died once to Leviathan which honestly was harder than Bahamut IMO but managed to get through all 5 rounds on my second attempt. Now there should only be 4 roadblocks left on my race to the finish line. Jenova, Rufus and Darkstar, The Whispers,  and Sephiroth. 

Yea the Rude boys fight is very fast, if he gets pyramid off it can mess things up. The sleep isnt too bad as u could just cast it again if needed. 

They put so much though into these boss fights didnt they, not something u see everyday

Well done on the Pride and Joy on ur second try, thats really good m8 as thats the blocker for most players! I hope the rest goes as smoothpy for you also! 

• Like 1

I can nail Rufus down to a T now but I couldn't figure out how to properly damage the arsenal weapon. I watched a video guide and he seems to use Tempest but when you scan the weapon it shows its immune to lightning. I started over and suckingly you have to face Rufus all over again. Did that, re-equipped fire and stuff and have a decent amount of MP for Aerith and Barret. I was using the gottenburg thing on Aerith to get that super duper barrier or is it better to put it on Barret?

Either way I will have to try again tomorrow and do the Rufus fight over again. If they allow to equip during a cutscene they could have atleast put in an autosave after you beat Rufus. Sucky move from the devs.

• 1 month later...

Glad to see that you're still updating.

Your Monsters of Legend guide hit at just the right time for me. It worked nicely although the Behemoth just did not want to play nice and gave me a lot of trouble on all 4 runs I did. "4 runs?" I hear you say. Yep, the Malboro didn't play nice either. I had to do four runs and have Tifa get hit 7 times with Bad Breath before she finally learned it. Apparently it's a percentage chance to learn an Enemy Skill and the RNG just wasn't with me.

Happily, I don't need to wait for your Pride & Joy guide. I found another guide on Youtube that was fairly low effort and with a few modifications it worked like a charm. Got it done first try and with some of the tricks to using Tifa that you've shown me in your vids, poor old Bahamut didn't even get his first Megaflare off.

Now all I need to do is use your vids to clear off all the Chapters from 9 onwards on Hard difficulty and the Plat will be mine.

Edited by Kitsuna101
Clarification

3 hours ago, Kitsuna101 said:

Glad to see that you're still updating.

Your Monsters of Legend guide hit at just the right time for me. It worked nicely although the Behemoth just did not want to play nice and gave me a lot of trouble on all 4 runs I did. "4 runs?" I hear you say. Yep, the Malboro didn't play nice either. I had to do four runs and have Tifa get hit 7 times with Bad Breath before she finally learned it. Apparently it's a percentage chance to learn an Enemy Skill and the RNG just wasn't with me.

Happily, I don't need to wait for your Pride & Joy guide. I found another guide on Youtube that was fairly low effort and with a few modifications it worked like a charm. Got it done first try and with some of the tricks to using Tifa that you've shown me in your vids, poor old Bahamut didn't even get his first Megaflare off.

Now all I need to do is use your vids to clear off all the Chapters from 9 onwards on Hard difficulty and the Plat will be mine.

Thanks yea sometimes the strats are easy to replicate and sometimes not, I think there is always a but of RNG in play with what the enemy does. 

Great you got P&J done 1st time, thats a real good effort actually, well done!! I

Tifa is a ATB beast, its mad how quick she fills her own and every1 elses ATB

Im looking fwd actually to incorporating limit breaks in my builds going fwd afterwards. 

Currently refining my P&J atm, just abt got Shiva, Choc and Levia done, still figuring what to do with Bahamut. I cam stagger him, but im torn on whether to allow Ifrit to spawn or not, the benefit of him spawning is I can use him to recover MP easily ready for P&J.... 

Hopefully by the time u get to Ch17 m8, i'll have the those last 2 chapters done

I let Ifrit spawn because I had both Cloud and Tifa with Elemental-Fire in their armour. It neutralises him to the point that I seriously never even noticed he was there. Without Elemental-Fire in your armour, I suspect that he'll be a lot more troublesome. It'll be interesting to see what you come up with.

And yeah, Tifa is a monster at ATB generation. Until I watched your videos I discounted ATB Assist as a worthless gimmick materia. Now it's going to be a permanent fixture on her.

Edited by Kitsuna101

• 3 weeks later...

What a mission that was!! It's all done (can't believe it took 4 months almost), every HARD boss guide made somewhat easy. If anything else is needed, remember I have a full platinum walkthrough on the channel where I took these boss guides from.

Hope they help!!

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...