Updates unavailable?

Parkhorst

Hey everyone!

Is it just me or are the updates for this game unavailble? Did they somehow die with any other server shutdows (except the ones back in the days)? I can't get them to download at all...

According the the in-game manual my version number is 1.00.52xxx, so it should be the unpatched version. And it should be the standard edition of the game, too, since I got the 'classic' transparent case...

Thanks for your help! :)

14 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

This appears to only affect the EU, because the US version updates just fine.

Do you know if the save files are compatible between the US and the EU versions? 

Edit: Found an old gtplanet thread. They say it's not compatible.

Edited by emboliformis

On 21.3.2021 at 7:21 PM, HuntingFever said:

It's a glitch, because other PS3 games are having issues as well with not being able to download any patches. All you can do is email the devs and Publisher and ask them to look into it.

I recently approached Sony Interactive Europe and Germany and all i got were some mails with generic text blocks about how to restart/reboot my PS3. I guess it doesn't really make any difference if you write them or not since it's an 11 year old game on a dying system anyway... :(

They don't even know what a "Gran Turismo 5" is. Poor us...

On 21/3/2021 at 7:21 PM, HuntingFever said:

It's a glitch, because other PS3 games are having issues as well with not being able to download any patches. All you can do is email the devs and Publisher and ask them to look into it.

What other games?

Edited by Lance_87

6 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

They don't even know what a "Gran Turismo 5" is.

What other games?

Street Fighter 3 had issues until recently but that was fixed. The other games with issues are Hitman: Absolution and Smash Cars but so far this problem only seems to affect the EU.

20 minutes ago, Parkhorst said:

I recently approached Sony Interactive Europe and Germany and all i got were some mails with generic text blocks about how to restart/reboot my PS3. I guess it doesn't really make any difference if you write them or not since it's an 11 year old game on a dying system anyway... :(

Try emailing the devs instead i.e. Polyphony Digital.

36 minutes ago, emboliformis said:

Do you know if the save files are compatible between the US and the EU versions? 

Edit: Found an old gtplanet thread. They say it's not compatible.

As a rule of thumb, all saves are region locked but you do get the rare exceptions to that rule - though GT5 isn't one of them.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it known if the updates are on the disc for the Academy Edition? I see the additional content is on codes, but I wonder about the updates. I want to play this game in the future but this is worrying. I hope we won't have a bad surprise in that game updates will go down with the stores. But seeing that we basically have a bad news every day regarding Sony, I guess this would not surprise me .. 

2 hours ago, ShinVeNNoM said:

Is it known if the updates are on the disc for the Academy Edition? I see the additional content is on codes, but I wonder about the updates. I want to play this game in the future but this is worrying. I hope we won't have a bad surprise in that game updates will go down with the stores. But seeing that we basically have a bad news every day regarding Sony, I guess this would not surprise me .. 

Yes but not all of them. At least until v2.07 or v2.08.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Sorry for reviving this thread, but this game is still having problems about downloading patches? I am looking for trying to plat this game again, so I will need a new copy of the game (specifically a EU version), and I am a bit worried about not being possible to update anymore and lose my entire progress.

On 8/5/2022 at 4:57 AM, heitorlc said:

Sorry for reviving this thread, but this game is still having problems about downloading patches? I am looking for trying to plat this game again, so I will need a new copy of the game (specifically a EU version), and I am a bit worried about not being possible to update anymore and lose my entire progress.

The servers had shut down. Is it still possible to plat this?

13 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Sony terminated the servers several years ago so the small number of online trophies are now completely unobtainable, along with the Plat if you didn't get them done before that happened.

I coudnt get them.. I was too late to the scene.. :(

Edited by Jhante_Brown