What do you think of these trophies? XDDD

WaddysWDS

Judging by the trophy descriptions, this is from Otterrific Games. It's the same studio behind 'Tower of Dragonasia', 'Finger on the Roof: Go! Rooftop Runner!' and 'Snake Boat: Otterrific Arcade'.

Say what you want about these titles but I appreciate that it's not most or all gold trophies and a platinum. Normally I don't care what others do with their profiles but I will say this: the amount of gold trophies versus other grades you see with trophy hunters today is ridiculous. I'm not going to mention names but there's a few accounts on the first page of my country's leaderboards who have greater than or equal to the amount of gold trophies than they do with silver or bronze trophies. Typically these are users who will create a new account (or revive an existing account that's previously been dormant for a year or two since unlocking their first trophy which is very silly and some don't even select an avatar as if they really don't care, for fuck sake.), unlock an ultra rare platinum (Super Meat Boy is a common example in this scenario) then once they've been to hell and back they'll unlock at least one platinum trophy a day and they couldn't have done it without their refusal to play any game above a 4 or 5 out of 10 difficulty. Months will pass since their first appearance on the top 50 worldwide leaderboards and then they become very unlucky having incorrectly syncing their trophy timestamps for a PS Vita game, get reported then flagged from the leaderboards, post a dispute thread to the forums even though they clearly messed up and then they get butthurt because they don't want to hide any single game. Despite having over a thousand platinums they create a new account to do it all again until the previous events repeat themselves.

I understand that in the end trophy hunting doesn't even matter (absolutely no reference intended) but do people who get themselves in this situation have really nothing to lose? How does one spend thousands of dollars to look good online with all these trophies but they're so far up their ass they make one little slip and it's all for nothing. If you're THIS elitist at something then perhaps you shouldn't continue doing that something. I know if this was me I would seriously consider quitting video games but if I come back I'll be on a platform without a trophy/achievement system.

Funny I type this "rant" because I had my first account permanently banned by Sony. I really thought I was going to stop gaming altogether but I figured there's no reason not to go back so soon in my life so then I created this account to start again. Guess that makes me a hypocrite? Nah, not really. I was level 30 (now level 428) when I lost everything with that account and these people are well over level 999. "The bigger they are, the harder they fall."

Anyway moving on, this game better be guide friendly or have a debug code as I cannot play minesweeper and I'm not spending hours using puzzle solvers like I did with both stacks of Minefield. I think most of us need all these bronze trophies.

9 hours ago, Slim Vanilla said:

Judging by the trophy descriptions, this is from Otterrific Games. It's the same studio behind 'Tower of Dragonasia', 'Finger on the Roof: Go! Rooftop Runner!' and 'Snake Boat: Otterrific Arcade'.

Say what you want about these titles but I appreciate that it's not most or all gold trophies and a platinum. Normally I don't care what others do with their profiles but I will say this: the amount of gold trophies versus other grades you see with trophy hunters today is ridiculous. I'm not going to mention names but there's a few accounts on the first page of my country's leaderboards who have greater than or equal to the amount of gold trophies than they do with silver or bronze trophies. Typically these are users who will create a new account (or revive an existing account that's previously been dormant for a year or two since unlocking their first trophy which is very silly and some don't even select an avatar as if they really don't care, for fuck sake.), unlock an ultra rare platinum (Super Meat Boy is a common example in this scenario) then once they've been to hell and back they'll unlock at least one platinum trophy a day and they couldn't have done it without their refusal to play any game above a 4 or 5 out of 10 difficulty. Months will pass since their first appearance on the top 50 worldwide leaderboards and then they become very unlucky having incorrectly syncing their trophy timestamps for a PS Vita game, get reported then flagged from the leaderboards, post a dispute thread to the forums even though they clearly messed up and then they get butthurt because they don't want to hide any single game. Despite having over a thousand platinums they create a new account to do it all again until the previous events repeat themselves.

I understand that in the end trophy hunting doesn't even matter (absolutely no reference intended) but do people who get themselves in this situation have really nothing to lose? How does one spend thousands of dollars to look good online with all these trophies but they're so far up their ass they make one little slip and it's all for nothing. If you're THIS elitist at something then perhaps you shouldn't continue doing that something. I know if this was me I would seriously consider quitting video games but if I come back I'll be on a platform without a trophy/achievement system.

Funny I type this "rant" because I had my first account permanently banned by Sony. I really thought I was going to stop gaming altogether but I figured there's no reason not to go back so soon in my life so then I created this account to start again. Guess that makes me a hypocrite? Nah, not really. I was level 30 (now level 428) when I lost everything with that account and these people are well over level 999. "The bigger they are, the harder they fall."

Anyway moving on, this game better be guide friendly or have a debug code as I cannot play minesweeper and I'm not spending hours using puzzle solvers like I did with both stacks of Minefield. I think most of us need all these bronze trophies.

minesweeper isn’t even hard, i beat minefield in like 30 minutes