Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

19 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Good luck with that lmao. The will tell you to press Triangle and to search for updates.

I was able to explain it and the support person understood what I was asking really well -- although whether or not it actually leads to anything makes me wonder.

1 minute ago, Winterglemm said:

This is so tiring, you guys. Seriously. It feels like all of the time and effort put into this side of the console wars was a waste lol

There are no console wars. There never was. Any "effort" put into either side was wasted to begin with.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Winterglemm said:

This is so tiring, you guys. Seriously. It feels like all of the time and effort put into this side of the console wars was a waste lol

I feel you. I just wanted to buy my games and DLC before the store closed and just play what I can while I can. Now it seems like even that isn't going to be very easy. 

• Like 3

I had LittleBigPlanet Racing Digital Edition (EU) patch throwing an error and failing to download few times in 2019. I was stubborn with it and it finally went through the whole big download. I'm afraid to delete it from my PS3 ever since.

I guess PS3 digital games aren't downloaded patched like on PS4, but need patch downloaded separately after main game download. Or was it only LittleBigPlanet Racing issue? Not sure.

Edited by Arethien
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, anoffday said:

So to confirm, ps3 trophies can still be earned and will sync after this closure, right? I didn't see it in sony's FAQ.

Assume no and complete now. Get them knocked quicker rather than later. You just never know what may happen at this point.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

Assume no and complete now. Get them knocked quicker rather than later. You just never know what may happen at this point.

Pretty much this. I don't think trophies are going to be dead the day after store closure but I am treating my legacy trophies like they're on a timer and acting accordingly.

On 3/22/2021 at 10:01 AM, WaddysWDS said:

You will still be able to redeem game and PlayStation®Plus vouchers.

I’ve got a couple I’m saving to test after the shutdown. 

13 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Will DLC code vouchers be redeemable after the Store shutdown? I don't remember they mentioned anything about that.

Thats specifically called out in the announcement:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cris3f said:

There's a really interesting thread on Reddit about the Vita with some juicy stuff. The guy who answers seems to be real, just read his answers on many subjects:

Amazing read, thanks for this!

Long live the Vita (as long as Sony don't force a spontaneous combustion update to all consoles)

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

I hope DLC is included when they say that game vouchers will still be able to be redeemed.

I don’t think there is any reason to differentiate between game and dlc codes from either a technical nor a business standpoint. 

Im just wondering, will you be able to play PS3 games through ps now, after the shutdown? Like I mean games that you didnt purchase before the shutdown. I dont know how ps now works. But if yes then that would mean we could still finish DLC that havent been bougt?

1 minute ago, BeeR3Dx said:

Im just wondering, will you be able to play PS3 games through ps now, after the shutdown? Like I mean games that you didnt purchase before the shutdown. I dont know how ps now works. But if yes then that would mean we could still finish DLC that havent been bougt?

PSNow is basically Netflix for PlayStation games. It doesn't care about your purchase history and you can play whatever games they have to offer so you will definitely be able to play all of their PS3 games after store shutdown. 

21 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

PSNow is basically Netflix for PlayStation games. It doesn't care about your purchase history and you can play whatever games they have to offer so you will definitely be able to play all of their PS3 games after store shutdown. 

That may be true, but according to their site (https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps-now/ps-now-games/#all-ps-now-games) there's not a that many of them.

The total number is a little shy of 1000, and not all of them are PS3 titles.

Furthermore only a few (if any) have all DLC pre-installed.

According to my Google-fu some PS3 games can be downloaded to a PS3 to play locally (not streaming) and if you have purchased DLC you can play this too. Access to this game is allowed as long as you have a PS Now subscription (similar to how PS+ works).

Problem is.. you can't purchase the DLC anymore once the store closes.

-- edit --

Seems the list of games varies for each region (in the above link it's "en-us"). The Dutch region ("nl-nl") has grouped the PS3 and PS4 games. So.. results may vary!

Edited by Shikotei-kun
PS Now games region variation
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Shikotei-kun said:

That may be true, but according to their site (https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps-now/ps-now-games/#all-ps-now-games) there's not a that many of them.

The total number is a little shy of 1000, and not all of them are PS3 titles.

Furthermore only a few (if any) have all DLC pre-installed.

According to my Google-fu some PS3 games can be downloaded to a PS3 to play locally (not streaming) and if you have purchased DLC you can play this too. Access to this game is allowed as long as you have a PS Now subscription (similar to how PS+ works).

Problem is.. you can't purchase the DLC anymore once the store closes.

Thanks for the info, so its definitely not a good solution, its better to buy what you can before the shuts down.

17 minutes ago, BeeR3Dx said:

Thanks for the info, so its definitely not a good solution, its better to buy what you can before the shuts down.

PS Now is a good solution if you only purchase the DLC and use the service to play the base game on your own PS3.

That way you have the normal game (via PS Now) and the DLC (purchased before the closure) and should be able to play everything the game has to offer.

I don't have PS Now so I cannot test if this actually works.

2 hours ago, Shikotei-kun said:

PS Now is a good solution if you only purchase the DLC and use the service to play the base game on your own PS3.

That way you have the normal game (via PS Now) and the DLC (purchased before the closure) and should be able to play everything the game has to offer.

I don't have PS Now so I cannot test if this actually works.

DLC doesn't work on PS3 games because they are streamed on PS Now, you'll have to play the games from their consoles while the DLC will be on yours, so unfortunately that's not a workaround atm. I wish you could download these games to your PS3 at least.

• Like 2