WaddysWDS

Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

2,376 posts in this topic

Looking at the web, it looks like a web .. "Fake" .. I don't know .. I don't see any linked social network.

If this really happens, I assume we just won't be able to purchase PS3, PSV, PSP games, but will be able to download games just fine if we've purchased them. :hmm:

Really won't be much of an issue for most, I haven't used the PS3 store for years, purchased games won't be going anywhere, just download those via download list. The stores will be generating hardly any income so makes sense to close them. 

2 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

If this really happens, I assume we just won't be able to purchase PS3, PSV, PSP games, but will be able to download games just fine if we've purchased them. :hmm:

Even if it is true (which I highly doubt - I'd imagine if and when this does happen, there will be at least a years notice given), yes, the back end of the 'store' would certainly remain in place.

Remember, even if digital sales were stopped, most physical games require patches etc to be downloaded, and those still have to reside somewhere, so it stands to reason that previous purchases will still be in a vault somewhere for re-download, alongside all that patch data

8 minutes ago, WaddysWDS said:

Copy&Paste IGN??

Doesn't look copied at all. IGN is just the source of the interview they're reporting on.

Fake. they want to get a massive amount of visit with a fake news

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

They're only quoting TheGamer who hasn't revealed their source. 

And this

2 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

You can no longer use your credit card to buy PS3 and Vita games from the consoles

That's only for EU folk, the rest of us still can