Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

1 minute ago, enaysoft said:

No, Ouya and the Wii store and others like it. Once the store closes, you can't even download games you bought. You lose them forever..

https://www.vice.com/en/article/wjm5kw/nintendo-makes-it-clear-that-piracy-is-the-only-way-to-preserve-video-game-history

Wii games are still redownloadable. That's a false myth.

The problem with this is that old Nintendo stores (and so did most failed stores) had mostly games that are mostly forgotten, while Microsoft and Sony have everything in their stores, from shovelware to AAA titles.

Edited by Lance_87

5 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

No, Ouya and the Wii store and others like it. Once the store closes, you can't even download games you bought. You lose them forever..

https://www.vice.com/en/article/wjm5kw/nintendo-makes-it-clear-that-piracy-is-the-only-way-to-preserve-video-game-history

That article says that at “a yet unknown point” in the future purchased Wii games won’t be re-downloadable. Not that they aren’t now. 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y

I was thinking about this scenario for a while now, but not expecting it to happen so soon. I've just finished the Witcher III GotY on XBONE and was unsure what to play next. Well, now I know. My PS3 backlog is waiting.

ps5-play-has-no-limit5fji9.png

More like arrogance and idiocy has no limits.

• Like 3

Like if they are shutting the ps store down for good at least make one last big sale for the ps3/vita, the prices are unbelievable

like who the fu*k is willing to spend $50+ on some old ps3 games, and the DLC’s are very expensive, the store was unbearable anyway, I am honestly tired of there stupidity.

They designed there network in the worst possible way which even made day one features like psn name change, or backwards compatibility for ps3 become something almost impossible to implement.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

You said a couple hundred, downplaying @600. You also went on about propaganda. Again, MS has never made that claim. 

19% of their past Xbox Library is FORWARD Compatible.  There, better? 

That's hardly impressive.  I get it you like Xbox, and feel as if I offended your favorite platform

Edited by NxtDoc
Spell check

14 minutes ago, Atoya said:

They designed there network in the worst possible way which even made day one features like psn name change.

I honestly doubt that (not that I researched that too deep). It's the same as with region change which I desperately need, for instance. It's just "Too much fuss" "People don't know they don't need that, but we'll enlighten them" (and I'm loosely quoting their current genius CEO here).

I already bought all my PS3/VITA remaining titles and DLC.

But... I accidentally downloaded the DLC of Sonic Adventure twice. Is it possible? I mean my PS3 downloaded it first and then I accidentally downloaded it again. So the dlc is twice downloaded. Nothing to care about?

Edited by Pottercito_

5 minutes ago, NxtDoc said:

19% of their past Xbox Library is FORWARD Compatible.  There, better? 

That's hardly impressive.  I get it you like Xbox, and feel as if I offended your favorite platform

No, I call it as I see it too, that's 19% more than playstation. Unlike you, I can call both platforms out, but will also give both credit when due. As for backwards/forwards, good to know you enjoy your semantics. You claim you aren't a fanboy, but throwing an xbox jab at me proves otherwise. 

Just now, Pottercito_ said:

I already bought all my PS3/VITA remaining titles and DLC.

But... I accidentally downloaded the DLC of Sonic Adventure twice. Is it possible? I meanmy PS3 downloaded it first andthenI accidentally downloaded it again. So the dlc is twice downloaded. Nothing to care about?

I'm pretty sure it just overwrites the 1st one if you download it again- nothing to worry about :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

I'm pretty sure it just overwrites the 1st one if you download it again- nothing to worry about :)

Thank you, I mean if Sony disable the download list and if I screwed it up downloading it twice, then I couldnot get 100% on that game but thank you.

Oh maybe I am wrong but I remember that DLC can be downloaded only once or just for una acc i dont know. Can someone confirme me? Or is it just linked to one acc?

3 minutes ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

If it's a concern about game preservation, that's another discussion worth having.

Which has proven time and time again these corporate executives couldn’t give a shit less. I doubt any of Microsoft’s gaming executives care about Halo or Gears of War. 

Sony is no different now than EA or Activision/Blizzard.

The old store is barley even accessible since they designed the new PS Store, they disabled any feature related to the old consoles anyway with the new PS Store, from then I knew there's only gonna be a downfall, don't expect it to be much of a surprise it's bound to happen.

8 minutes ago, mataningo said:

The old store is barley even accessible since they designed the new PS Store, they disabled any feature related to the old consoles anyway with the new PS Store, from then I knew there's only gonna be a downfall, don't expect it to be much of a surprise it's bound to happen.

6 minutes ago, ahmwe said:

The thing is ppl on Twitter talking like it will 100% will happen like for real , Sony doesn’t make any official statement. 

Well we thought this too when rumors were abound last year in September regarding the removal of PS3/Vita content on the web stores. In a few short weeks, the change was made in October on top of changing the trophy system. 

Should this happen this summer I am going to be legit pissed. 

I guess this video detailing how Sony handles messages and voice chat now was a sign of things to come:

https://youtu.be/gLtIGPH0sFA

Edited by AJ_Radio

I'm glad I started buying up all the physical Vita games I can over the past year, I kinda figured we would end up at this point sooner rather than later. It just sucks I appeared to have jumped on the Vita train a bit too late. Oh well, I've almost got all the games I've been wanting to play for it. Around 30 physical and 20+ digital. Look's like I'll just need to pack my memory cards and I'll be set. I don't play the PS3 so that part doesn't really affect me, pretty sad though as I know a lot of people still play the shit out of it. Let's hope this isn't true but I wouldn't be surprised if it is.