Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

7 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

I can't help but think when I read something so beyond stupid on a forum, I think they must be here to troll.

Oh, and why is that? Because you don't agree with it? Maybe it's true, maybe it isn't. Where's your actual proof to suggest otherwise? Clearly you're convinced that it isn't true based off your assumption quoted below (assumptions aren't proof, by the way) and again, maybe it's true, maybe it isn't. But why insult and ridicule someone else's opinion just because you disagree with it?

You think he must be here to troll? I don't think so at all and who knows, what the topic of this thread is about might have a real possibility to it. Was calling someone's post stupid and accusing them of being a troll really necessary though? It's a harsh thing to say and to me you come across as nothing more than a forum bully that will smash any and all opinions that don't align with yours. Why should anyone believe your opinion more so than others? 

8 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

I'm sorry but why are people falling for this crap? This is obviously not true.

Again, where's the proof that it isn't? Just because Sony shoves "digital, digital, digital in our faces", as you say, doesn't mean it's true and doesn't mean it isn't. All you're doing at this point is assuming just like the O.P. is and you know what, that's okay. What's not okay, however, is when someone comes in to a thread and presents their opinion as the only valid one (without substantial, concrete evidence to support it) and calls others with differing opinions ignorant. You didn't directly call anyone ignorant but with a statement like "Why are people falling for this crap" I think the underlying connotation within can safely be inferred.

7 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

Cause umm from what I've been seeing they...

- give us digital discounts every month

- made a digital only PS5

- are very much promoting digital games by doing the following: PS+ monthly games, Play At Home games, PS Now subscription, literally stating in the store why digital pre-orders are a must.

They are literally shoving it in people's face: DIGITAL DIGITAL DIGITAL

Sure, for the PS4/5. For the PS3, Vita and PSP it's been a digital graveyard for quite some time. I check all the time. Next to nothing goes on sale and it's always the same games usually that do. Nothing new is ever added. I'm assuming here but I doubt many people even use these systems nowadays so why keep dishing out the money to support them? Is it really so hard to believe that the possibility of Sony shutting it down eventually could actually happen?

It's all about moving forward, not falling behind or staying stagnant. The systems in question and the stores that support these systems are, what, at least 14-15 years old by now? Give or take? Something like that. It would be hard to believe that they wouldn't shut any of this down. But hey, we can all agree on one thing right now: no one knows what's true, what isn't, etc., so proclaiming "Not True Not True" from the mountaintops is a bit assumptious on your part.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DeadlyPerfume said:

If the rumors are false, Sony could very easily issue a one line statement debunking it and alleviating everyone's fears. The fact they haven't makes me think either the rumors are true, or they're happy to say nothing and let everyone panic buy old games and DLC at full price. Both are pretty scummy IMO. 

I suspect its the latter. Definitely a scummy move, but I'd be so happy if that were the case instead of the rumor being true.

I'm so worried about trophy syncing. I recently bought every BlazBlue/XBlaze game on PS3/Vita and I really don't want to have to rush through them -_-

• Like 1

I don't really mind so much about the stores closing... the main issue for me is accessing the games I've already purchased and being able to sync any future trophies I earn.

Like many other, I have a stupid amount of unplayed PS3 games waiting in my backlog, both hardcopy and digital. 

Closing access to these digital games or the ability to sync the trophies would be a deal breaker for me for sure

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

I'm so worried about trophy syncing. I recently bought every BlazBlue/XBlaze game on PS3/Vita and I really don't want to have to rush through them -_-

Removing the digital content is one thing. But making it to where you can’t sync trophies on these systems is a real bone breaker. 

It is completely ironic how a corporation as massive as Sony is pushing everyone to go digital only, yet is fucking over people who not only play on these older systems but also still play on the PS4. 

The bottom line is money. They’re charging us $10 more for PS5 games, pushing forth a rental service (PS Now) and taking away a number of features to cut back on upkeep and maintenance. 

Jim Ryan never cared about the games. He’s just there to sell the label. No more, no less.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

whether it’s this specific rumour or not, these stores are not long for this world. It’s happening, just a matter of when. 

Well you have to think. Personally I couldn’t care less about most old digital only PSN titles from 2007 - 2013 on these older systems. But this also includes Call of Duty DLC and Assassin’s Creed DLC. 

So am I fucked if I can’t get Dante’s Inferno DLC? It’s already delisted in my region so I have to pay for it thru a UK account which according to Sony I made false information on a mostly fake throwaway account. 

They’re taking away movies on the store. That is why digital content was and is always volatile. 

People can come up to me and bitch that ‘buying physical is a hassle and not worth it’. But not being able to access content I bought from a store is fucking shameful. 

That is why I still buy physical. Digital as a whole is going to have to make some serious changes if I’m going to support something such as a PS5 console that is digital only. 

No lawsuits will do anything. We all agreed to Sony’s terms the moment we made our PSN accounts. We lose access to our digital content anyway if our accounts are banned. 

All this to say, this bullcrap Sony is pulling gives me another reason not to buy a PS5. Maybe I’ll give Nintendo another chance.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 1

Jesus christ.Hoperfully i get to buy the dlc i need before its too late

Vergils downfall dlc-Bought it .

MGs revengeance dlc-pending

Castlevania dlc-pending

Castlevania 2 dlc-pending

Modern warfare 3 dlc- pending

World at war dlc-bought 1 need 1 more dlc map

Total price :around 160 au$.

And if i get a few digital only games would be awesome like trine,crysis. etc etc 

1 minute ago, Lapin2paq said:

Jesus christ.Hoperfully i get to buy the dlc i need before its too late

Vergils downfall dlc-Bought it .

MGs revengeance dlc-pending

Castlevania dlc-pending

Castlevania 2 dlc-pending

Modern warfare 3 dlc- pending

World at war dlc-bought 1 need 1 more dlc map

Total price :around 160 au$.

And if i get a few digital only games would be awesome like trine,crysis. etc etc 

All soon to be unobtainable if the rumor proves true. 

I've always had one foot in PClandia and the other in the PlayStation Nation for as long as I've been gaming but its moves like this that've made me pretty disenchanted with SIE for the past year or so and this'll just shift me entirely over to PC and never look back. While I don't expect them to keep supporting legacy consoles forever, this is just incredibly crappy of Sony. It's incredibly short sighted and insulting to their supporters, their customers, their own legacy, really.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

No, I call it as I see it too, that's 19% more than playstation. Unlike you, I can call both platforms out, but will also give both credit when due. As for backwards/forwards, good to know you enjoy your semantics. You claim you aren't a fanboy, but throwing an xbox jab at me proves otherwise. 

I'm pretty sure it just overwrites the 1st one if you download it again- nothing to worry about :)

Read my other post just above the post you quoted me dude.... problem is....You went into semantics.  But ThreeHaddock62 wanted his precious Xbox to have the correct, oddly specific number of Forward Compatible games.  

I lambasted Sony.  And I'll call out misrepresented things people say about Xbox's "Back Compat"

33 minutes ago, NxtDoc said:

Read my other post just above the post you quoted me dude.... problem is....You went into semantics.  But ThreeHaddock62 wanted his precious Xbox to have the correct, oddly specific number of Forward Compatible games.  

I lambasted Sony.  And I'll call out misrepresented things people say about Xbox's "Back Compat"

Call out people misrepresenting it all you want....they are wrong. However, try to refrain from lying while doing it. 

Edit- Thanks for stalking me, Creeper. Get help, seriously. 

Edited by Floorkiller74

13 hours ago, zizimonster said:

I think I'll just leave this here.

Jim Ryan sounds like a corperate shill. So who cares what Jim thinks. Point is, Sony have made fat stacks selling digital games at RRP for over a decade, with that comes an obligation to provide access to those games for the very, very distant foreseeable future, until the games become common place elsewhere. Through emulation for example, or the licenses sold to a steam like PC store where they can be preserved. 

Sony has a lot of responsibility here and if they decide to go ahead with this, I will not be buying a PS5. It's only the nostalgia and romance that keeps me on the platform tbh, without that I'd be on PC. If Sony kill that, it's over. 

That isn't even taking into account how Microsoft is obliterating them with customer care and buying Bethesda for example. 

I actually don't think, at this current rate, we'll ever even see a ps7. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

Well you have to think. Personally I couldn’t care less about most old digital only PSN titles from 2007 - 2013 on these older systems. But this also includes Call of Duty DLC and Assassin’s Creed DLC. 

So am I fucked if I can’t get Dante’s Inferno DLC? It’s already delisted in my region so I have to pay for it thru a UK account which according to Sony I made false information on a mostly fake throwaway account. 

They’re taking away movies on the store. That is why digital content was and is always volatile. 

People can come up to me and bitch that ‘buying physical is a hassle and not worth it’. But not being able to access content I bought from a store is fucking shameful. 

That is why I still buy physical. Digital as a whole is going to have to make some serious changes if I’m going to support something such as a PS5 console that is digital only. 

No lawsuits will do anything. We all agreed to Sony’s terms the moment we made our PSN accounts. We lose access to our digital content anyway if our accounts are banned. 

All this to say, this bullcrap Sony is pulling gives me another reason not to buy a PS5. Maybe I’ll give Nintendo another chance.

That's what I always say: digital games are just a license, while physical games are yours for life. No matter how much things change or become modern, I will never give preference to a file over something factually MINE.

15 hours ago, arcanehornet_ said:

It’s funny how the PS5 digital edition might be completely useless in 15 years.

15 years from now ? It's not a short period of time. Probably next gen will never happen because most gaming will be cloud-based.

47 minutes ago, easterkeke said:

I've always had one foot in PClandia and the other in the PlayStation Nation for as long as I've been gaming but its moves like this that've made me pretty disenchanted with SIE for the past year or so and this'll just shift me entirely over to PC and never look back. While I don't expect them to keep supporting legacy consoles forever, this is just incredibly crappy of Sony. It's incredibly short sighted and insulting to their supporters, their customers, their own legacy, really.

Well said. Very sad to see the turn of events SIE has taken. 

The fact that they’re already changing shit around on their system updates for the PS4 just proves the attitude they’re adopting. The demise of Sony Studio Japan was another blow. 

15 minutes ago, SnowbellKitty said:

I hope this doesn't happen. Most of my PS4 games are digital, thanks to a lot of things (like the pandemic), and to the few whom are saying "this won't affect me, bruh!", I too don't have a PS3 anymore, but I think differently. For instance, my introduction to the Persona series was P5, and P5R is my favorite PS4 game, and it will always be, to me, what P3/P3FES and/or P4/P4G are for other people whom have been fans long before people like I. I don't want to have just ten years or less of P5R (and other games) because of a shady corporative decision to commit theft, and getting away with it because of lame excuses. They condemn piracy and other things, right? Well, if this happens, then buying games legally will not mean we won't be victims of theft, so what will even be the advantage of digitals anymore? I'm hating this.

I just don’t understand why Sony is even taking away a number of features to begin with. 

It’s just incredibly short sighted, given that these options and features were just fine beforehand. 

17 minutes ago, dude said:

Jim Ryan sounds like a corperate shill. So who cares what Jim thinks. Point is, Sony have made fat stacks selling digital games at RRP for over a decade, with that comes an obligation to provide access to those games for the very, very distant foreseeable future, until the games become common place elsewhere. Through emulation for example, or the licenses sold to a steam like PC store where they can be preserved. 

Sony has a lot of responsibility here and if they decide to go ahead with this, I will not be buying a PS5. It's only the nostalgia and romance that keeps me on the platform tbh, without that I'd be on PC. If Sony kill that, it's over. 

That isn't even taking into account how Microsoft is obliterating them with customer care and buying Bethesda for example. 

I actually don't think, at this current rate, we'll ever even see a ps7. 

Sony doesn't last much longer, the only thing that was of advantage was the exclusives, but even that is ending (which is a good thing, I'm not in favor of exclusives). It is a matter of time to destroy the path they have traveled so far, the bad management in the last two years is bizarre.

here is some useful advice incase this ever come true

- if you haven't got it in your list yet don't bother with the game (unless your only aiming for the platinum)

- if the game has already a remaster, remake or one ported for the ps4 get those instead esp it can come cheaper still

Edited by maurjen

12 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

That's what I always say: digital games are just a license, while physical games are yours for life. No matter how much things change or become modern, I will never give preference to a file over something factually MINE.

EXACTLY.

I just finished going through my collection.

It looks like I don't have to buy too many extra used PS3s.  Maybe, 1 or none at all.  

I think I'm ready in case Sony does confirm a purchase shutdown of PS3 games.

Results of my checking:

Batman: Arkham Origins    Bought DLC last year
Saints Row: The Third    Budget to buy the bundle - cheaper than buying individual DLCs
BioShock Infinite    Budget to buy DLC
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2    Budget to buy DLC
Deus Ex: Human Revolution    Budget to buy DLC
Duke Nukem Forever    Budget to buy DLC
Escape Dead Island    Budget to buy DLC
Fallout 3    Budget to buy DLC
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham    Budget to buy DLC
Mirror's Edge    Budget to buy DLC
Resident Evil 6    Budget to buy DLC
Sleeping Dogs    Budget to buy DLC
Walking Dead    Budget to buy DLC
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow    Couldn't find DLC - Possibly delisted?
Mafia II    Couldn't find DLC - Possibly delisted?
Red Dead Redemption    DLC is free
Dante's Inferno    Maybe - has online trophies - Need to buy game + DLC in another region - server could shutdown
BioShock 2    Maybe - has online trophies - server could shutdown
Dungeon Siege III    Maybe - has online trophies - server could shutdown
Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed    Maybe - has online trophies - server could shutdown
Persona 4: Arena Ultimax    Maybe - has online trophies - server could shutdown
Super Street Fighter IV    Maybe - has online trophies - server could shutdown
Batman: Arkham City    Own physical with DLC on disc
Borderlands    Own physical with DLC on disc
Dead Island    Own physical with DLC on disc
Dragon Age: Origins    Own physical with DLC on disc
Grand Theft Auto IV    Own physical with DLC on disc
L.A. Noire    Own physical with DLC on disc
Resident Evil 5    Own physical with DLC on disc
Last of Us    Too late - DLC delisted - has online trophies - server already shut down

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sweeping-lamp3 said:

I just finished going through my collection.

It looks like I don't have to buy too many extra used PS3s.  Maybe, 1 or none at all.  

I think I'm ready in case Sony does confirm a purchase shutdown of PS3 games.

Results of my checking:

Batman: Arkham Origins    Bought DLC last year
Saints Row: The Third    Budget to buy the bundle - cheaper than buying individual DLCs
BioShock Infinite    Budget to buy DLC
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2    Budget to buy DLC
Deus Ex: Human Revolution    Budget to buy DLC
Duke Nukem Forever    Budget to buy DLC
Escape Dead Island    Budget to buy DLC
Fallout 3    Budget to buy DLC
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham    Budget to buy DLC
Mirror's Edge    Budget to buy DLC
Resident Evil 6    Budget to buy DLC
Sleeping Dogs    Budget to buy DLC
Walking Dead    Budget to buy DLC
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow    Couldn't find DLC - Possibly delisted?
Mafia II    Couldn't find DLC - Possibly delisted?
Red Dead Redemption    DLC is free
Dante's Inferno    Maybe - has online trophies - Need to buy game + DLC in another region - server could shutdown
BioShock 2    Maybe - has online trophies - server could shutdown
Dungeon Siege III    Maybe - has online trophies - server could shutdown
Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed    Maybe - has online trophies - server could shutdown
Persona 4: Arena Ultimax    Maybe - has online trophies - server could shutdown
Super Street Fighter IV    Maybe - has online trophies - server could shutdown
Batman: Arkham City    Own physical with DLC on disc
Borderlands    Own physical with DLC on disc
Dead Island    Own physical with DLC on disc
Dragon Age: Origins    Own physical with DLC on disc
Grand Theft Auto IV    Own physical with DLC on disc
L.A. Noire    Own physical with DLC on disc
Resident Evil 5    Own physical with DLC on disc
Last of Us    Too late - DLC delisted - has online trophies - server already shut down

That's a TON of stuff there dude, and a lot of money you have to pay because DLC on PS3 and Vita is already overpriced on the old stores.

• Like 1