WaddysWDS

Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

2,376 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

The Monsters of Maple Street - That was the reference I tried to make before, but couldn't remember the name of the episode!

 

God bless your Twilight Zone shaped socks!

You're good people, Dr. Bloodmoney. You've earned a followūüĎä

 

7 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

 

The Complete Edition on PS3 was not changed. The 360 version changes were revreted. The PC version can be modded.

 

I hope you're right. There are only six or seven games makin me think about gettin a ps3 (I got a 360 for free and skipped a ps generation, forgive me!!) and with this rumor on our hands, I'm considering fallin into the trap and buyin up.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, WaddysWDS said:


What is the price of Castlevania DLCs?

 

Resurrection is 8£.

 

Reverie is 6.50£.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn and I was only starting to get into trophy hunting. 

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Dude, calm down.

Microsoft do not give a fig about you.

There is no bridge to burn, they are not hanging on your every thought. 

You, like the rest of us, are a number. A droplet in an ocean. Statistically closer to zero than one.

 

Neither did Nintendo 20 years ago. Or Steam. Or GOG.com. Or Sony 15 years ago. Never did, never will.

 

Thank you so much for uplifting my self esteem and propelling me to the higher echelons of greatness. Of course, the Twitter mob out there is probably going to blow up a storm regardless of how this turns out.

 

And I never said I was any different than anyone else on this website because anyone else can just reiterate the same points I'm making. Brief or descriptive, doesn't matter.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still gotta get Infamous festival of blood and Castlevania DLC and that nice flower dynamic theme other than that I've got everything else.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Odd question if the stores go down does that stop us from accessing our already purchased content or would that remain available?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Odd question if the stores go down does that stop us from accessing our already purchased content or would that remain available?


The storage footprint of that data won’t represent a material cost to Sony and the same resources likely feed PS4s so I doubt Sony would bother shutting off the ability to re-download anything.

 

Shutting down stores would be more to do with other issues like the accounting burden of disbursing payments for sales of games with publishers/developers who long ago went out of business/or were bought out. Sony may also simply want to drive the last life out of PS4 hardware sales by forcing the last PS3 gamers to finally give it up and kill the idea of people buying their kids PS3s for Xmas etc.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sony's problem with the store is, they could not make a single store for all platforms. 

 

secondly, their systems doesn't support backward-compatible inbox 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, cometowner said:

Sony's problem with the store is, they could not make a single store for all platforms.

 

https://store.playstation.com/it-it/home/STORE-MSF75508-MOBHOMEGAMESONLY?PlatformPrivacyWs1=all&psappver=19.15.0&smcid=psapp

 

It supports all platforms at least until PS4. It does list PS5 content, not 100% of it though. Maybe 90-ish. 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HusKy said:

 

 

There's actually a quite a view Vita games still in development and/or set for release. Really not sure what the ScourgeBringer dev is talking about with his game being the last, or the Vita's store apparently originally going to shut down in 2018, when Vita cart production didn't end till 2019 (for the west anyway, think they've only just ended more recently in Asia, could be wrong).

 

It could be that the different departments of Sony don't really interact much, whoever still sells the devkits could be completely oblivious to any upcoming storefront shutdowns, or they do know and just don't care. But if deadlines haven't been set for people still developing on Vita yet, then either the rumours are false or Sony are just incompetent and/or scummy. They've seem to repeatedly forgotten they've shut down the PSP's native storefront years ago so the latter could well be possible, but let's hope it's the former.

 

2 hours ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

So what are the chances that this is a nothing burger and this is really about them fully removing the quasi-defunct old version of the browser store and leaving the stores on the consoles untouched?

 

That'd be preferable to just getting rid of the storefronts entirely. That being sale, trying to buy things on the PS3 any more barely ever works so it'll definitely be even more of a nightmare for anyone wanting to buy stuff on there in the future.

 

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

 

pretty high¬†ūüėā

 

It's gonna be a funny old time on this thread if Sony just comes out and denies it - we'll have basically an entire website full of people looking like a right sheepish shower of fannies!¬†ūüė¨ūüėā

 

I'm not sure what you're talking about, I'd personally be thrilled if this does all turn out to be fake news. My thoughts on this at the time will still be my thoughts on it at the time, don't really care if that somehow makes me seem "silly" in retrospect. I'm sure whatever cringey shit I said on the internet when I was 13 still exists in some recess of the interweb out there somewhere, but they were still just my thoughts in that period of time.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

 

https://store.playstation.com/it-it/home/STORE-MSF75508-MOBHOMEGAMESONLY?PlatformPrivacyWs1=all&psappver=19.15.0&smcid=psapp

 

It supports all platforms at least until PS4. It does list PS5 content, not 100% of it though. Maybe 90-ish. 

 

 

 

always there someone who objects 

 

can you check the ps3 games for your ps4 or PS5???

 

unlike Microsoft which list that on their console making their store not dead 

 

and one more thing ... what region you have shown me is not supported in my region

 

Edited by cometowner
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

They've seem to repeatedly forgotten they've shut down the PSP's native storefront years ago so the latter could well be possible, but let's hope it's the former.

The PSP Store is not shutdown, you can buy games there using the search functionality.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still wanted to buy a couple of Vita games, if they ever went on Sale and wanted to buy the Drakengard 3 DLC along with some other games like the older Ratchet & Clank games. If this is really true, they must make a huge Sale or just put everything from PS3 and Vita to PS Now, I don't care how.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Darkwing___Duck said:

Still wanted to buy a couple of Vita games, if they ever went on Sale and wanted to buy the Drakengard 3 DLC along with some other games like the older Ratchet & Clank games. If this is really true, they must make a huge Sale or just put everything from PS3 and Vita to PS Now, I don't care how.

That bloody drakengard DLC costed 25 quid all them damn prologues and not a single sale....

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lord_BenWon said:

The PSP Store is not shutdown, you can buy games there using the search functionality.

 

On the PSP itself? As far as I'm aware, it was shut down on the PSP natively back in 2016. It only got about a month's notice I think, but you could still buy PSP games through the webstore, and you can continue to do so currently (as well as via PS3 and Vita's native stores), if that's what you mean.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

 

On the PSP itself? As far as I'm aware, it was shut down on the PSP natively back in 2016. It only got about a month's notice I think, but you could still buy PSP games through the webstore, and you can continue to do so currently (as well as via PS3 and Vita's native stores), if that's what you mean.

Obviously, see this video.

PSP PSN Store: Still Online in 2020 - YouTube

This has been known for a long time and of course Sony knows that, but yet some misinformed people still say that Sony shutted it down.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Kinda hard to me for average income like me buy dlc and easy platinum one purchase per month i hope it just a rumours ūüėĘ

Edited by GrantVernonHart
I miss something ūüėĀ
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

51 minutes ago, cometowner said:

 

always there someone who objects 

 

can you check the ps3 games for your ps4 or PS5???

 

unlike Microsoft which list that on their console making their store not dead 

 

and one more thing ... what region you have shown me is not supported in my region

 

 

It's just a site but it's better than using the crappy console apps.

 

My region is Italy, it should have redirected you to your own region... have you tried replacing the "it-it" part?

Edited by Lance_87
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Odd question if the stores go down does that stop us from accessing our already purchased content or would that remain available?

On the PS3 there is an option on the XMB to go into your transaction list and download purchased items. Unless they revoke licenses, I don't think closing the store will impact access (in fact, if you are using the PS3 store at this point to find and download prior purchases, may God have mercy on your soul....)

 

On the Vita, I am not sure how to access purchases outside the store. I love my Vita, and maybe there is a way I'm not aware of, but I've always logged into the store app, then used the lower right touch bubble to pull up transaction. If the store closes and that app no longer connects, I am not sure how you access the transaction list.

52 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

 

There's actually a quite a view Vita games still in development and/or set for release. Really not sure what the ScourgeBringer dev is talking about with his game being the last, or the Vita's store apparently originally going to shut down in 2018, when Vita cart production didn't end till 2019 (for the west anyway, think they've only just ended more recently in Asia, could be wrong).

 

It could be that the different departments of Sony don't really interact much, whoever still sells the devkits could be completely oblivious to any upcoming storefront shutdowns, or they do know and just don't care. But if deadlines haven't been set for people still developing on Vita yet, then either the rumours are false or Sony are just incompetent and/or scummy. They've seem to repeatedly forgotten they've shut down the PSP's native storefront years ago so the latter could well be possible, but let's hope it's the former.

 

 

That'd be preferable to just getting rid of the storefronts entirely. That being sale, trying to buy things on the PS3 any more barely ever works so it'll definitely be even more of a nightmare for anyone wanting to buy stuff on there in the future.

 

 

I'm not sure what you're talking about, I'd personally be thrilled if this does all turn out to be fake news. My thoughts on this at the time will still be my thoughts on it at the time, don't really care if that somehow makes me seem "silly" in retrospect. I'm sure whatever cringey shit I said on the internet when I was 13 still exists in some recess of the interweb out there somewhere, but they were still just my thoughts in that period of time.

I'm wondering if this is a viral marketing tactic by the ScourgeBringer dev. He did name it LASTVITAGAME - and I'm pretty sure there's more coming. EAS and Play-Asia certainly haven't given any indication they are slowing down. I'm also pretty sure Synergia has DLC coming later this year - he has announced that on twitter, so if indeed the store is going, he clearly hasn't been informed.

2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

 

Neither did Nintendo 20 years ago. Or Steam. Or GOG.com. Or Sony 15 years ago. Never did, never will.

 

Thank you so much for uplifting my self esteem and propelling me to the higher echelons of greatness. Of course, the Twitter mob out there is probably going to blow up a storm regardless of how this turns out.

 

And I never said I was any different than anyone else on this website because anyone else can just reiterate the same points I'm making. Brief or descriptive, doesn't matter.

Twitter mob notwithstanding, it seems unlikely Sony isn't aware of the news, I'm sure they are being bombed right now with other gaming media contacting them for questioning. Why not get out in front of it and issue a statement? This seems like a fairly big issue for a lot of Playstation users, I would think you would want to shut it down if it's false.

 

By failing to respond in a timely manner, Sony deserves whatever the Twitter mob unleashes on them.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if this turns out to be true i just hope sony is in for a shitstorm, enough that people leave playstation its the only language these companies talk 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

22 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

Even if the report is wrong, I suggest everyone accept that those storefronts will definitely shut down one day and prepare accordingly. The Wii released in the same era as the PS3, and its online store closed two years ago...

 

This ^

 

The people saying "fake, fake, totally fake" are kinda skirting the issue.  If it's not gone in a few months, it probably will still be sooner than later.

 

Even if it's not Sony's typical procedure to totally take platforms down... given the PS3's total lack of backwards compatibility, I can see it getting axed just because Sony wants to leave it in the past.  And probably bring the Vita and PSP with it just to close the door on that era altogether.

 

It'll hurt PR-wise, but Nintendo already kinda set precedent... and the MO of digital ownership is tangent to the throwaway fad culture.  You buy games, you play them, you delete them.  Did you guys really expect to keep everything you "rented" from Sony forever?  Where, on your 250GB internal HDD?

Edited by Dreakon13
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

 

This ^

 

The people saying "fake, fake, totally fake" are kinda skirting the issue.  If it's not gone in a few months, it probably will still be sooner than later.

 

Even if it's not Sony's typical procedure to totally take platforms down... given the PS3's total lack of backwards compatibility, I can see it getting axed just because Sony wants to leave it in the past.  And probably bring the Vita and PSP with it just to close the door on that era altogether.

 

It'll hurt PR-wise, but Nintendo already kinda set precedent... and the MO of digital ownership is tangent to the throwaway fad culture.  You buy games, you play them, you delete them.  Did you guys really expect to keep everything you "rented" from Sony forever?  Where, on your 250GB internal HDD?

 

No, on our 4TB external drives full of cracked games xDxDxD

 

Imagine if the crime "encouraging copyright infringement" actually existed...

Edited by Lance_87
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I guess its time to prioritise my PS Vita backlog I still have a good 50 games physically to get through and even more digitally. The whole of 2020 for me was literally just platting PS Vita games I guess 2021 is going to be even more so. 

 

Thankfully some of these PS Vita games have shared lists with PS3 making some of the MP trophies a bit easier to take care of. 

 

PS3 I only have one game I want to really do which is Dead Space 3 to be honest. I am not even going to attempt Dead Space 2 it looks hard as nails. 

 

EDIT:

Please note the availability of PS Vita games here in the UK is going down, as people have now started panic buying PS Vita physical games. 

Edited by Solercide
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

On the PS3 there is an option on the XMB to go into your transaction list and download purchased items. Unless they revoke licenses, I don't think closing the store will impact access (in fact, if you are using the PS3 store at this point to find and download prior purchases, may God have mercy on your soul....)

 

On the Vita, I am not sure how to access purchases outside the store. I love my Vita, and maybe there is a way I'm not aware of, but I've always logged into the store app, then used the lower right touch bubble to pull up transaction. If the store closes and that app no longer connects, I am not sure how you access the transaction list.

I'm wondering if this is a viral marketing tactic by the ScourgeBringer dev. He did name it LASTVITAGAME - and I'm pretty sure there's more coming. EAS and Play-Asia certainly haven't given any indication they are slowing down. I'm also pretty sure Synergia has DLC coming later this year - he has announced that on twitter, so if indeed the store is going, he clearly hasn't been informed.

Twitter mob notwithstanding, it seems unlikely Sony isn't aware of the news, I'm sure they are being bombed right now with other gaming media contacting them for questioning. Why not get out in front of it and issue a statement? This seems like a fairly big issue for a lot of Playstation users, I would think you would want to shut it down if it's false.

 

By failing to respond in a timely manner, Sony deserves whatever the Twitter mob unleashes on them.

Yeah I agree if players get rage on Twitter like what happened to LBP when they made a hashtag on Twitter “ Save LBP “ & they got pressure from them so ended up to trying to bring servers back but most of players/users saying goodbye to PS3/vita store which Sony may see it as an acceptable thing to do . 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.