WaddysWDS

Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

2,375 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

 

No, on our 4TB external drives full of cracked games xDxDxD

 

If you have that, you (rightfully) never bought in 100% to Sony's digital storefronts in the first place... and this news means nothing to you?

 

I'm thinking this isn't the case for the people upset by this.

Edited by Dreakon13
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

 

If you have that, you (rightfully) never bought in 100% to Sony's digital storefronts in the first place... and this news means nothing to you?

 

I'm thinking this isn't the case for the people upset by this.

 

No i will crack my owned games once everything goes down. I don't have a 4TB drive lol, the biggest i have is 2TB for my PS4 games. Digital backups, but only for the games i'm going to finish.

 

EDIT: i forgot to say, the only system with CFW i currently own is the PSP but i stopped playing it ages ago. PSPs with CFW no longer connect to PSN.

Edited by Lance_87
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

 

No i will crack my owned games once everything goes down. I don't have a 4TB drive lol, the biggest i have is 2TB for my PS4 games.

 

I don't know how that works, I've never gotten into console piracy (never really had to since I buy physical).  If your ability to download the games goes away, you'll need that 4TB before it goes down.  Good luck.

 

It's a shame for the people who don't know how to do this.

Edited by Dreakon13
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Imagine if the crime "encouraging copyright infringement" actually existed...

 

Considering how common sense it is that Sony's servers weren't going to be up forever... I dunno if I really blame Sony here, or the people who put all their eggs in the basket with a glaring hole in the bottom.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

 

But isn’t it true that to this day people can still re-download games they purchased before the store closed?

 

From Nintendo's customer support page:

 

"It is no longer possible to purchase new content from the Wii Shop. However, for the time being you may continue to re-download content you have purchased or transfer that content from a Wii system to a Wii U system. Be aware that these features will eventually end at a future date."

 

That's the information currently on their site, so presumably you can still download purchased content to your Wii. But Nintendo is making it clear that one day you won't even be able to do that, which sucks. I get that the Wii shop was stuffed with garbage and shovelware, but there were some great games mixed in with the trash (not to mention all the virtual console games). Some people have already pointed out that you can download/transfer your purchases to a Wii U system, but considering that Nintendo sold 101+ million Wii's and only 13+ million Wii U's, there are going to be a lot of people completely shut off from their libraries when this happens.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we should report this topic to the CRT; it's getting posts much too fast. :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

 

Confirmation that those places aren't journalistic news outlets and are really just blogs. But explaining that to the people who are taking this as news is an exercise in frustration.

 

 

 

There's something to be said about the denial in discussing the inevitability of something like this though, whether this particular report is unfounded or not.  Sony has 100% taken steps to move away from PS3, Vita and PSP in the sense of eliminating these games from the web store... next steps seem less of an if, and more of a when.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try to download PSVita games, and it so slow (3 hours for 500 Mb 🤮) and still alot to download 😫

News Panic effect ?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

 

There's something to be said about the denial in discussing the inevitability of something like this though, whether this particular report is unfounded or not.  Sony has 100% taken steps to move away from PS3, Vita and PSP in the sense of eliminating these games from the web store... next steps seem less of an if, and more of a when.

 

No one is in denial that, yes, eventually the PS3/Vita store will be shut down. However, Sony will give proper notice.

 

No reason to pay attention to unfounded rumors in the first place. 

 

That said, IF you still have PS3 games to buy or DLC to buy, the sooner you do it, the better it will be in the long run. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dreakon13 said:

 

There's something to be said about the denial in discussing the inevitability of something like this though, whether this particular report is unfounded or not.  Sony has 100% taken steps to move away from PS3, Vita and PSP in the sense of eliminating these games from the web store... next steps seem less of an if, and more of a when.

 

I don't think anyone has said that it isn't inevitable. 

 

Everything else is people confusing causation and correlation and spreading FUD.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

 

No one is in denial that, yes, eventually the PS3/Vita store will be shut down. However, Sony will give proper notice.

 

No reason to pay attention to unfounded rumors in the first place. 

 

That said, IF you still have PS3 games to buy or DLC to buy, the sooner you do it, the better it will be in the long run. 

 

Fervently denying a rumor of something inevitable, doesn't seem that far off from fervently believing it.  Two sides of the same coin.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Confirmation that those places aren't journalistic news outlets and are really just blogs. But explaining that to the people who are taking this as news is an exercise in frustration.

 

While that may be the case for the moment, do people really believe that they're going to keep the PS3/Vita/PSP storefronts open indefinitely? Even if it's not happening now, it will happen later. When it's no longer cost effective to continue hosting those games/servers, they will shut down. Obsolete tech doesn't get support anymore. This is what you legally agree to when you open an account and purchase from their store. They can remove your access to these services at any point and for any reason.

Plus let's face it, if you haven't bought what you want from the PS3 store by now, you're probably never going to. 

 

I'm not arguing in favour of Sony and I think it's pretty gross. But this is what people kept trying to tell everyone when the push for the 'digital future' started and were called conspiracy theorists. You own none of these games and your access can be terminated at any time. "You will own nothing and you will be happy."

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WishingLemon said:

While that may be the case for the moment, do people really believe that they're going to keep the PS3/Vita/PSP storefronts open indefinitely?

 

No. No one is or has said that in this thread and as far as I know, no one believes that.

 

1 minute ago, WishingLemon said:

When it's no longer cost effective to continue hosting those games/servers, they will shut down. Obsolete tech doesn't get support anymore.

 

The store is still profitable and there is no tech to support by selling software.

Also, the discussion isn't about the hosting the games/servers, just the store.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DaivRules said:

 

No. No one is or has said that in this thread and as far as I know, no one believes that.

 

The only answer to this is a humble acceptance that it's happening, we just don't know for sure when.  Attacking the person, article, blog, etc saying it is kinda positioning yourself on the opposite side of acceptance.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DaivRules said:

No. No one is or has said that in this thread and as far as I know, no one believes that.

 

So why are people getting upset over it? Plenty of people in this thread seem to believe it. Believing that they could file a lawsuit and win, or it must be illegal, or just being generally upset about something everyone should've known will happen shortly as Sony are clearly closing down features of old consoles.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

 

Fervently denying a rumor of something inevitable, doesn't seem that far off from fervently believing it.  Two sides of the same coin.

 

I fully believe that some day the world will end, but that doesn't mean I believe every nut job with a "The End is Nigh" chalkboard.

 

I also don't believe that someone seeing his sign, and immediately falling down on the ground and weeping, moaning and gently praying  is the opposite side of the same coin as someone who rolls his eyes and moves on.

 

No one is saying this won't happen eventually.

All we are saying is, panicking over some half-sourced rumours is silly. 

 

We'll know when we know, and when we do, we'll have more info on the impact it will have.

Until we know.... we don't. :dunno:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WishingLemon said:

So why are people getting upset over it?

 

You're asking me to explain why people on the internet get upset? Because people are emotional creatures and choose to get upset over anything they want, whenever they want?

 

2 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

 

The only answer to this is a humble acceptance that it's happening, we just don't know for sure when.  Attacking the person, article, blog, etc saying it is kinda positioning yourself on the opposite side of acceptance.

 

No one is attacking anyone, why are you trying to make things much more dramatic than they are? Many of us are only saying to wait for confirmation and you're using words like "fervently", "attacking", "opposite side".

 

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

 

The only answer to this is a humble acceptance that it's happening, we just don't know for sure when.  Attacking the person, article, blog, etc saying it is kinda positioning yourself on the opposite side of acceptance.

 

It's inevitable that the PS4 store will close too. Should we just accept any rumors now that say it's closing just because we know the outcome. 

 

Your argument is fucking dumb. Just prepare if you want, but Sony will give official notice when the time actually does come. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WishingLemon said:

 

So why are people getting upset over it? 

 

Because that's what the internet is...

 

....a faster delivery mechanism for outrage, upset, illegal copyright infringement and pornography.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DaivRules said:

No one is attacking anyone, why are you trying to make things much more dramatic than they are? Many of us are only saying to wait for confirmation and you're using words like "fervently", "attacking", "opposite side".

 

You're the one currently in an "exercise in frustration".  Words are funny.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to denial, the PS3 store will never go down!

 

iX5a9S9.png

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

 

It's inevitable that the PS4 store will close too. Should we just accept any rumors now that say it's closing just because we know the outcome. 

 

Your argument is fucking dumb. Just prepare if you want, but Sony will give official notice when the time actually does come. 

 

Yes, there should be a humble acceptance of the PS4 and PS5 stores closing eventually too.

Edited by Dreakon13
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dreakon13 said:

 

You're the one currently in an "exercise in frustration".  Words are funny.

 

That's not really an explanation... 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.