Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

3 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

Third, we can't be sure whether it'll be two months from now or 25 years from now.  That's the point.

but we both agree that it will go and its expected so what does it matter if its 2 months from now or 25years later? 

• Like 1

Just now, GeminiEntity said:

I get what the article is saying, I'm just not seeing how that is any different from a system just failing. In the end, you need the servers for your games. So not really seeing the point in why that article was posted here, as the store front going away doesn't mean the servers are automatically gone.

I wasn't the one that posted the article, and while I think there's larger issues that could pop in the future in terms of game preservation and still being able to access your content, it does remind us that games do have some form of DRM which may prevent us from playing them in the future, even if we've already downloaded them, or even if we have the discs. I know it's not directly related to the storefronts potentially being taken offline, but we can only assume that one day in the future, we won't be able to re-download games and/or PSN will be gone from those consoles entirely at that point. How long that will be is anyone's guess, I don't think it will be any time soon but it is something that we'll have to face eventually. Many of us likely won't even care at that point if it's in a decade or so from now, but there will always be games stuck on older hardware. I only hope there's solutions around this by then, such as better emulation, games being brought forward to newer consoles, hacking, etc.

On 22/03/2021 at 2:27 PM, Elk_mistral said:

Fake. they want to get a massive amount of visit with a fake news

God I hope your comment is true.

Here's for holding on to what little hope I have left for the Vita. My Vita. My poor little Vita.

Damn, Sony have been shitting on this console since soon after release!

3 minutes ago, visvoer18 said:

you said it never happened before  I give examples it did happen and instead of saying you where wrong your saying you dont care about my example because its nintendo  you didnt specify sony you said it never happened before

you didnt say it never happened before with sony

also it doesnt mather in both cases you are wrong

playstation mobile is sony  which you convenietly didnt mention ofcourse.

and lots of delisted games CANT be redownloaded

at least get your facts straight.

and lol your atatck on nintendo if you wanna go that way I could also add that sony  thinks its justified to censor games

thats totaly unrelated and doesnt add anything at all

anyway I said it previus comment I will say it again and this time I wil keep my worth this is my last post about it  because clearly people are not sticking to facts  make personal attacks instead of attacking on the arguments and  dont actualy read well

I cant even be bothered to read your entire essay but I didnt specify Sony because we're talking about Sony. You cant have an argument about 1 companies ToS and then turn around and say "But this companies ToS say this". Its irrelevant and I couldnt care less what another company does in this regard.

I didnt dig at Nintendo but its funny how Nintendo can get away with the stuff they do and nobody cares yet Sony get rid of a 15 year old service and people act like spoiled brats. Grow up.

9 minutes ago, bigrake1 said:

I find this situation very discouraging. If all this is true, I feel that digital purchases at Sony, to a certain extent, are more like expensive game rentals. "No limits" indeed...

They always have been.  People really do need to read what they are agreeing to.  See us.playstation.com/softwarelicense  (US version obviously, other regions will have their own agreements that will be similar)

GRANT OF LICENSE.  The Software is licensed to you, not sold.  SIE LLC grants to you a limited, non-exclusive license to use the Software for personal use on your PlayStation system.

UPDATES AND ONLINE SERVER SUPPORT.  This Agreement will apply to all Software updates, including all downloadable content for the Software.  SIE LLC may, by automatic update or otherwise, modify the Software at any time for any reason. If the Software uses online servers, SIE LLC makes no commitment to continue to make those servers available and may terminate online features at any time.

There's more of course, but these two points are the main ones that apply to this topic.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GeminiEntity said:

Yeah I know, I'm just replying to your reply. I already posted to the person who did post the article.

I agree with all of that, nothing is set in stone and is up for speculation. It's just some people are running with their fears a bit much imo. Which in turn makes some people think this is real or that other rumors were stated when they weren't.

I don't think it helps that so many big sites have reported on this rumour now either, such as IGN, Eurogamer and Pushsquare. I don't doubt some people will just read the headlines there and assume it's true, doesn't help that a lot of sites aren't blatantly stating it's still just rumour, and the only source is "The Gamer".

Sadly, rumours like this will always stir up speculations, resulting in more rumours. I know I've speculated plenty myself in this thread, I know it's all still just rumours currently, but regardless of the original rumour's validity, the stores will likely eventually shut down eventually, as will the PS4's and PS5's. It's just a matter of when, not if, sadly.

• Like 3

Sony just made a billion on the PS3 and vita store this week....? Thank god I’ve already bought most of the PS3 titles and DLCs but I feel sorry any new PS3/vita owners just starting out(and if the news is true) Some tidbits definitely buy Mary Skelter digitally cause it already is up in price for a physical copy.... 

I certainly don't take a rumour from a single source to be true, I dunno, just sounds fishy no one else did announce such a big scoop

Sure Everything has an end, I don't it will be so soon, at least that's what I want to believe anyways.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

Yeah, don't take everything so literal. 

Oh sorry, it’s the internet if you haven’t noticed. Can’t always tell if someone is being funny or not.

This forum is a mess. What’s the point of this without having Sony say something. Y’all are wasting your time. Let’s just wait on something official and hope the rumours aren’t true.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

How do you know?

Lol, like the whole GameStop stock price.... somebody made some money this week whether or not if the rumors are true or not.... I made sure I got Castlevania’s DLC along with Blazblue dlc and also Sniper Elite 3 pass. I know I spent a nice little sum this week, as did others....

24 minutes ago, LordBilbanes said:

Finally, someone else who sees what I see about Game Scam!  It's a fucking honey trap is what it is.  What Microsoft is banking on is that so many people will tie their entire game libraries to the service that they become victim to the sunk cost fallacy.  That is when Microsoft jacks up the price to something like $50.00 a month and you are faced with paying up or spending hundreds to thousands of dollars purchasing all the games you previously rented.  What they are doing is utterly diabolical and the fucking lemmings who lap it up like seals over a bucket of chum just continue walking to their doom.

Also, those prices Microsoft is charging?  They are completely unsustainable long term if they want to earn a profit.  They are paying for server and bandwidth costs for XCloud, paying money hats to third parties to put their games on the service, and they are paying EA to bundle their subscription service with Game Scam Ultimate.  Every single one of their partners is going to want returns on their investments and as the pie for Game Scam gets bigger, they're going to want bigger slices.  Which means at some point, they will be forced to raise the fees they charge.

Microsoft are a trillion dollar company because of Game Pass. Game Pass has made them that much money ?

On 22.3.2021 at 3:30 PM, ZitMeatloaf said:

Even if the report is wrong, I suggest everyone accept that those storefronts will definitely shut down one day and prepare accordingly. The Wii released in the same era as the PS3, and its online store closed two years ago...

At least you can buy almost everything from the wii shop on the wiiu store

1 hour ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Microsoft are a trillion dollar company because of Game Pass. Game Pass has made them that much money 1f60f.png

Dude you must be cappin

Ms was a trillion $ company long before GP