Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

4 minutes ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

This doesn't answer my question. I acknowledged Microsoft's recent moves. You claimed MS was dominating and that people were flocking to Xbox without any evidence. I provided evidence that more people are playing and want to play on Sony's and Nintendo's platforms.

MS is making moves, but they're currently in third place. That's not domination.

What I said is the evidence. 

2 hours ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Why though when Microsoft aren't pulling anything like this?

Microsoft  is the one that made paid online the standard, for once.

You say they're pro-consumer... they have to, otherwise they're fucked, since they're completely outclassed by Sony, and Nintendo to a lesser extent. The sooner they gain power back, it's back to 2006-2013 with them.

These corporations too big to exist should never be treated good, or worse, as friends, I'd rather be a pirate if it happened.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jeffboy265 said:

It‘s funny, how long is it now that this got first reported? 3 days ago?

Is Sony just waiting on the reaction only for this rumor before making an official statement or telling, that this rumor is false?

Yeah, a little more than 2 days at this time.

At least when they "closed" the old Store website the first reports included the emails that were actually sent to people.

4 minutes ago, Jeffboy265 said:

Is Sony just waiting on the reaction only for this rumor before making an official statement or telling, that this rumor is false?

It is more of a leak than a rumor. Internal source checked. "rumors" from an internal source, especially when a large vehicle says it is verified... we have seen this story many times. unfortunately I am inclined to believe that it is real, and I also say with great regret that I am not surprised at all in view of the anti-consumer path that Sony has been taking for the past two years.

13 minutes ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

No, it's not. It's a list of things you like, which is fine, but it's not evidence for your claims. Especially the "flocking" claim.

Microsoft making the big moves - fact

Backwards compatibility far superior- fact

Game pass superior to PS Now - fact

Microsoft more pro consumer - fact

These are not things I like, it's true right now. As for me saying people are flocking to Xbox? You wouldn't believe the amount of people that I've heard this from, from so many topics, discussion boards, threads, YouTube. It seems to he the general consensus of awful lot of people for the most part. Even in this very thread people have said the same thing. 

14 minutes ago, Jeffboy265 said:

No, it's because it's typical Sony to do this. 

Edited by Cryogenicide_X
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jeffboy265 said:

Maybe they are just letting it be for a hot minute while they rack in the cash from people scrambling to buy things full price before announcing anything. 

Let me ask everyone this... If this happens, is it enough to make you switch to Xbox?

No. Xbox is even worse with mandatory online setups and a far less active hacking/homebrew scene to eventually remove those requirements if Microsoft won't. And then there's their cross-gen discs which only have the Xbox One versions actually on the discs with a download requirement for the native Series X versions and their push towards subscriptions and cloud streaming.

And I say this as someone who owns an Xbox, an Xbox 360 and an Xbox One. I'll admit I've never been the biggest fan of Xbox consoles despite owning them all (they've always been third behind Sony and Nintendo for me), but the Xbox One really soured me on future Xbox consoles since it introduced the mandatory online setup, removed local accounts, had a significantly weakened first-party output and is where Microsoft started shifting its business model away from the traditional purchase model into a subscription one.

Basically Microsoft's policies and business model do not align with my preferences any more, so I've lost most of the little interest I had in Xbox consoles. It's cool that Microsoft has taken steps to rebuild its first-party output, even if I don't like that they acquired a whole publisher to do so, but that doesn't make up for the other issues unfortunately. Fair play to anyone else who's really into Xbox or likes Game Pass though, it's just not for me. That said, I probably will still buy a Series X at the end of its life just for its exclusives.

There's game pass and far superior backwards compatibility ?

And? Like the guy you replied said, Xbox doesn't offer stuff that appeals to some of us. Just because they have a service where you get games for free, that doesn't automatically make their console completely appealing to us. There's certain games, franchises, developers on Playstation who's games I love. Xbox doesn't have anywhere near as much stuff that's my type of thing so I wouldn't switch over just because their features are better. The games are the main thing for me

21 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Snip

Nevermind. We clearly have different standards for evidence. We're in agreement on MS's recent moves, which is all you're able to provide. Anecdotes of some people switching to Xbox aren't enough to convince me of a mass migration, and I supplied actual evidence to the contrary.

Probably not worth beating this dead horse any longer. I suppose I should answer your original question - no, closing the old storefronts wouldn't be enough to get me to switch to Xbox.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

Nevermind. We clearly have different standards for evidence. We're in agreement on MS's recent moves, which is all you're able to provide. Anecdotes of some people switching to Xbox aren't enough to convince me of a mass migration, and I supplied actual evidence to the contrary.

Probably not worth beating this dead horse any longer. I suppose I should answer your original question - no, closing the old storefronts wouldn't be enough to get me to switch to Xbox.

I didn't mean to cause argument or anything like that, wasn't my intention. Trust me, I'm one the biggest PlayStation fans you could know but I just get pissed off sometimes with these desicions Sony makes. 

Switch is 1st

PS5 is 2nd

XSX is 3rd

Switch has more units out and you can play it at home or on the go and have games that people want to play. 

PS5... I don't have to say anything lol. 

Xbox has made GREAT moves. But hasn't done anything yet. There's no reason to be like "I NEED IT NOW!" 

I highly doubt that people are going to flock to XSX just cause there's rumors about the stores shutting down. Plus why would you flock to XSX just cause the legacy console stores are shutting down? All that effort to get those trophies... 

I would stay on PS5 (if I could afford it or even get my hands on one), but for older titles that aren't exclusives I would just play on Xbone or XSX. 

Edit: I forgot, Xbox did make great moves. But they fucked up and had to take a step back cause they tried raising prices during a goddamn pandemic where some people lost their jobs or are barely surviving. 

NOW THAT WAS A BIG FUCK UP, FOR SHAME!

SHAME SHAME SHAME!

Edited by The_Mighty_Ducks

21 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

I didn't mean to cause argument or anything like that, wasn't my intention. Trust me, I'm one the biggest PlayStation fans you could know but I just get pissed off sometimes with these desicions Sony makes. 

No worries at all, I appreciate the discussion.

Don't know why some think I was being funny? ?. The support said they couldn't find information on the subject. and someone posted a report with no verifiable sources, the fact that people are freaking out about this gives the article credit. Until Sony officially makes a statement, we should treat this as a mere story.

• Like 3

I’ll be the first to admit I’ve actually been scare buying ? as of last night. The ironic thing is I just found out you save ~3% getting PSN $100 through OffGamers as opposed to directly using your credit card.

I am so glad the PS3 store hosts VITA content too. There probably won’t be a flash sale though, there hasn’t been one in forever.

On one hand, I’m scared shitless, but what I’m missing is finite. On the other hand, Mystic hasn’t reported anything yet (we’ll have to wait for Friday!). I trust him more than some blog I’ve never heard about.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Let me ask everyone this... If this happens, is it enough to make you switch to Xbox?

No.

But if a tenable solution can't be found (I point once again at PSNow), I'd be heavily considering a permanent switch to Steam or similar.

8 hours ago, DaivRules said:

The 360 had a three core PPC architecture that is fairly simple to emulate. The PS3 used an 8 specialized core Cell processor that didn't and doesn't function like any other processors before or since. They can't be validly directly compared.

Wasn't comparing the Hardware itself (I know how vastly different they are, I'm not stupid) I was just pointing out that it's valid since it's the same generation and mostly the same Game Library (minus the Exclusives on both sides) however Microsoft are actually going out of their way to make sure the best of those old systems are brought forward and continue to sell them on the current store (and even have access to the old store through the Emulation) also PC Emulation for PS3 has been progressing very well from what I've seen and heard and that's just gamers doing it for Free in their spare time... What excuse does Sony have for not putting a team on figuring that shit out much like Microsoft did (and it wasn't simple for them to get Xbox/360 running on the Xbone either, a lot of effort has gone into it ?)

41 minutes ago, EqualityEarth said:

I’ll be the first to admit I’ve actually been scare buying 1f605.png as of last night. The ironic thing is I just found out you save ~3% getting PSN $100 through OffGamers as opposed to directly using your credit card.

Nowhere to get it cheaper in US? Loads of places to get it cheaper here in UK. One thing that's been going for years is using O2 sim cards to get £25 (use to be £30) PSN credit for either free or £5.