Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

I've worked in customer service before and I'll tell you know, this "Kevin" person would have been given at least a warning for sending that response to a customer, especially if it turns out to be true. If that screenshot got out to the wider community and is confirmed to have been true, Sony's stock price would fall even further than what it probably already has, which would be a disaster if it turns out that everyone has jumped the gun and this isn't happening for a while. We're explicitly told not to divulge any information to the customer until an official statement has been made in case that customer could then benefit from share prices etc.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

That PlayStation support screenshot is definitely fake... They didn't ask you to rebuild your database. 

3 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Or to format the PS4...

I always thought the first step was to check your internet connection and reset your router?

On 3/24/2021 at 8:57 PM, Cryogenicide_X said:

Let me ask everyone this... If this happens, is it enough to make you switch to Xbox?

Xbox - no. PC, most likely, however hard it might be for me. Haven't bought the fifth anyway for numerous reasons.

24 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

I always thought the first step was to check your internet connection and reset your router?

I've had customer service reps tell me to immediately try factory resetting something before anything else. They've flat out refused to give me any other suggestions at times until I've basically lied and claim I already have. Not that they actually tend to help resolve the issue after that either, it's usually just generic troubleshooting like turning it off and on again. I've deliberately hung up/closed the chat window on reps before that kept demanding me to do things I know won't work and try again until I get through to someone who seems at least half competent.

14 minutes ago, CL0CKW0RK133 said:

On a related note, does anyone have a decent list of digital only games available from the PS3 store?

While I'm becoming increasingly skeptical about this whole affair, it would be nice if there was such a tool on hand. 

Not sure how accurate it is, seems it was last updated back in December, but there's this.

It does include disc-only games, but also includes digital only games. It doesn't include any multiplatform games, only those exclusive to PS3 I believe.

Edit: Seems it does include 7th gen multiplats that haven't been ported to more modern consoles further down.

Edited by SuperSmexy500
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ChocoDoc1 said:

Man the wait for the announcement is killing me. Well if they dont announce anything by the end of March it would mean that the rumors arent true which is a good thing.

Exactly, I cant think in anything else. 

They need to confirmo this. 

15 minutes ago, me_is_caveman said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

If the ps3 store does get shut down, but the downloadable games and dlc already bought can still be accessed from the download list, then people's fears of Sony taking away those games would be unjustified.

The problem is that you could lose everything, even the psn games that you have in your ps3. 

Because the internal clock need to sync with the psn store in order to have them working. 

When the internal clock resets is all over, because without the store Online cant sync. 

So this is even if you own all psn games and dlcs and you have it in your ps3, theres is no guarantee How much time they will be playable. 

I dont know if the interna clock thing is real. 

Edited by Hwoarang_21
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, yuber1234 said:

https://www.ign.com/articles/playstation-patents-the-ability-to-add-trophies-to-emulated-retro-games

A friend of mine brought this to my attention. I don't know if this makes the store closure rumors less likely or more likely.

Does it applies to only-digital games that were delisted? If thats the case I would love it

This rumor is even showing up at gaming sites in my native language. This has gone too viral for Sony to ignore.

And it's been 3+ days since it first showed up. I think more and more that this shit isn't fake and it probably explains the sudden ''love'' Sony is showing us with free games (i think that's today), the HZD Complete, the good ps+ lineup for March and the early announcement of April's lineup with Oddworld Soulstorm.

I believe when they announced the removal of ps3-vita games from ps+, they offered Bloodborne and Ratchet & Clank, a very strong lineup at that time

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

This rumor is even showing up at gaming sites in my native language. This has gone too viral for Sony to ignore.

And it's been 3+ days since it first showed up. I think more and more that this shit isn't fake and it probably explains the sudden ''love'' Sony is showing us with free games (i think that's today), the HZD Complete, the good ps+ lineup for March and the early announcement of April's lineup with Oddworld Soulstorm.

I believe when they announced the removal of ps3-vita games from ps+, they offered Bloodborne and Ratchet & Clank, a very strong lineup at that time

Play at Home has been around since the start of the pandemic, with Journey and Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection. It's not something they made up now.

Also, customer support knows as much about the product/brand/whatever they're representing as I do about quantum physics (as seen in the Mad Max server shutdown and such). So yeah, still better to wait for an official announcement - but they might sit on it for a few days and let people buy a bit more. In fact, I would say this helps more than hurts them at this rate, LOL.

Edited by BRKs_Eagle
Accidental comma
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

At this point, it would be awesome if Sony doesn’t address it. And the dates come and go with nothing happen. 

That should teach people not to be such Chicken Littles, but it probably wouldn’t.

Sony is just racking in the $$$ now that people go crazy and buy everything :) Good job Sony!

Edited by TomataEighty9

17 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

And it's been 3+ days since it first showed up. 

Yeah, people at Sony must be aware at this point. I heard that some developers working on games for Vita have contacted Sony about this as well. Obviously, they want to know because it would affect them too. 

5 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

At this point, it would be awesome if Sony doesn’t address it. And the dates come and go with nothing happen. 

That should teach people not to be such Chicken Littles, but it probably wouldn’t. 

No matter how this ends, we'll probably see the biggest "I told you so" moment in PSNP history ? I imagine there will be plenty of people coming back to this thread to "teach" others. 

• Like 1

The best thing is, according to all the information we know. Sony has done nothing to start this rumor, it may just be the original website is desperate for clicks.

So sony while they are getting backlash are probably also getting a boost in sales for doing literally nothing.

It does concern me with how long they are taking to respond to this though.

• Like 3