WaddysWDS

Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

2,376 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Starlighthed211 said:

"you will no longer be able to purchase digital copies of games or DLC for any of the Sony consoles mentioned above."

A straight copy-paste from TheGamer article as well. Now I'm 99% sure this is either a fake or "Kevin" saw the article as well and trolled you.

21 minutes ago, ImMagnetz said:

A lot of you seem to not have had much experience with customer support workers and are looking way too much into the spelling mistakes and so on. For a lot of these support workers, English isn't their first language, and heck, even people with English as their first language can't type in proper English half the time. But to those of you who want to believe that I faked the response, fine. Fuck you, but fine. That's up to you. But I'm telling you I didn't. Whether it turns out to be true or not, I can't say, I can't see into the future, but I asked the dude if the rumours about the PS3 Store being closed down are true and that's what he told me. It's that simple. Make of it what you will. To those of you who are simply still skeptical and are waiting for an official announcement from Sony, I get that, I'll be doing the same, although I definitely think the dude's response adds at least some merit to the rumours, but if you're just gonna come in here like "lmao fake as fuck bro", you aren't worth my time. Also, "the fastest way to take a customisable screenshot", yeah, it allows you to add arrows and things over the top of the screenshot to point things out. It's hilarious that some of you think I'm so sad as to go into Photoshop or something and draw up a fake support response and have shitty spelling and whatnot in it. Jesus, smarten up, people. This is what I get for trying to do something nice for the community and go out of my way to try and get us some additional information.

I'm not going to pile on to the 'you're making it up train here'. I believe Sony are contemplating this. I also think that they probably leaked this to see what type of reaction it would generate.

I trust the devs on twitter that have long supported Vita and are still working on new Vita games, that are saying they are reaching out to their Sony contacts and being told they have no idea about this, or 'Sony doesn't comment on rumors' - which means Sony isn't going on record.

I don't believe customer service would go on record if Sony as a company is saying 'no comment'

Hopefully the negative backlash gives Sony the answer - don't go down this route.

As for the screenshot, that is worse that the fake emails from Amazon and Netflix that my account has been hacked. I don't know where it came from, but I don't think that is actually a Sony Rep that has replied to you.

Their seam little confusion - that is not grammatically correct, and ESL would probably not use the less common form of their and seam. Last sentence is equally wrong with you instead of your, and looking into as matter of urgency which is also grammatically incorrect. We have commas instead of periods. Capitals are missing from sentence starts.

Frankly this is unacceptable as an official communication from a company. It better be fake

51 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

And he calls himself Kevin? Is this that old Indian call center meme? xD

133cced73e71e6e2280f62b9e2186667.jpeg

Never trust a Harry.

9 minutes ago, ImMagnetz said:

Okay, Tyrone. Feel much better now, thanks. 1f62c.png

I was just telling you to calm down but good for you.

4 minutes ago, TheHarryGamer99 said:

Never trust a Harry.

Your username has Harry in it so

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

I'm not going to pile on to the 'you're making it up train here'. I believe Sony are contemplating this. I also think that they probably leaked this to see what type of reaction it would generate.

I trust the devs on twitter that have long supported Vita and are still working on new Vita games, that are saying they are reaching out to their Sony contacts and being told they have no idea about this, or 'Sony doesn't comment on rumors' - which means Sony isn't going on record.

I don't believe customer service would go on record if Sony as a company is saying 'no comment'

Hopefully the negative backlash gives Sony the answer - don't go down this route.

As for the screenshot, that is worse that the fake emails from Amazon and Netflix that my account has been hacked. I don't know where it came from, but I don't think that is actually a Sony Rep that has replied to you.

Their seam little confusion - that is not grammatically correct, and ESL would probably not use the less common form of their and seam. Last sentence is equally wrong with you instead of your, and looking into as matter of urgency which is also grammatically incorrect. We have commas instead of periods. Capitals are missing from sentence starts.

Frankly this is unacceptable as an official communication from a company. It better be fake

I repeat... "A lot of you seem to not have had much experience with customer support workers and are looking way too much into the spelling mistakes and so on. For a lot of these support workers, English isn't their first language, and heck, even people with English as their first language can't type in proper English half the time."

It's definitely a real support worker. It came from [email protected] I think your standards for spelling and grammar from support workers is a little high. Should it be better? Yes, absolutely, but this isn't uncommon at all, from any company really.

6 minutes ago, Sir_TyroneOBE said:

I was just telling you to calm down but good for you.

I'm plenty calm, Tyrone, I'm not really taking your responses seriously. 👍

Edited by DaivRules

5 minutes ago, XLordXNightmareX said:

Like someone once said: "That's the joke." xD

Why am I not surprised to see that someone here doesn't know better than to contact support regarding rumors?  I've worked customer support for years, support reps are the last people to know about things and very often don't even get official word about stuff before customers are asking about it.  I've lost count of the number of times I've learned about some new thing coming because a customer asked about it rather than finding out about it from official company communications.

I also have lost count of the number of times a support rep has given me outright incorrect information.  Definitely has happened multiple times with Sony support.  Had one rep tell me I needed my Vita repaired for an issue that was resolved by rebuilding the database.  Had another tell me that rebuilding the database on a Vita absolutely would resolve an issue with syncing trophies and not wipe out my local trophy data (which it does).  Most of them barely even know how to do their own jobs.  Their training consists of how to use their tools, how to find information they don't know, and basic customer service skills.  It's hilarious when people think they are so all knowing when many customers know more than they do because they actually use the product.

14 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

That PlayStation support screenshot is definitely fake... They didn't ask you to rebuild your database. 

Or to format the PS4...

I've worked in customer service before and I'll tell you know, this "Kevin" person would have been given at least a warning for sending that response to a customer, especially if it turns out to be true. If that screenshot got out to the wider community and is confirmed to have been true, Sony's stock price would fall even further than what it probably already has, which would be a disaster if it turns out that everyone has jumped the gun and this isn't happening for a while. We're explicitly told not to divulge any information to the customer until an official statement has been made in case that customer could then benefit from share prices etc.

19 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

That PlayStation support screenshot is definitely fake... They didn't ask you to rebuild your database. 

3 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Or to format the PS4...

I always thought the first step was to check your internet connection and reset your router?

On 3/24/2021 at 8:57 PM, Cryogenicide_X said:

Let me ask everyone this... If this happens, is it enough to make you switch to Xbox?

Xbox - no. PC, most likely, however hard it might be for me. Haven't bought the fifth anyway for numerous reasons.

24 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

I always thought the first step was to check your internet connection and reset your router?

I've had customer service reps tell me to immediately try factory resetting something before anything else. They've flat out refused to give me any other suggestions at times until I've basically lied and claim I already have. Not that they actually tend to help resolve the issue after that either, it's usually just generic troubleshooting like turning it off and on again. I've deliberately hung up/closed the chat window on reps before that kept demanding me to do things I know won't work and try again until I get through to someone who seems at least half competent.

On a related note, does anyone have a decent list of digital only games available from the PS3 store?

While I'm becoming increasingly skeptical about this whole affair, it would be nice if there was such a tool on hand. 

2 hours ago, XLordXNightmareX said:

As Rainier Wolfcastle would say:

DAT’S DE JOKE.

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, CL0CKW0RK133 said:

On a related note, does anyone have a decent list of digital only games available from the PS3 store?

While I'm becoming increasingly skeptical about this whole affair, it would be nice if there was such a tool on hand. 

Not sure how accurate it is, seems it was last updated back in December, but there's this.

It does include disc-only games, but also includes digital only games. It doesn't include any multiplatform games, only those exclusive to PS3 I believe.

Edit: Seems it does include 7th gen multiplats that haven't been ported to more modern consoles further down.

Edited by SuperSmexy500

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

If the ps3 store does get shut down, but the downloadable games and dlc already bought can still be accessed from the download list, then people's fears of Sony taking away those games would be unjustified.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, ChocoDoc1 said:

Man the wait for the announcement is killing me. Well if they dont announce anything by the end of March it would mean that the rumors arent true which is a good thing.

Exactly, I cant think in anything else. 

They need to confirmo this. 

15 minutes ago, me_is_caveman said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

If the ps3 store does get shut down, but the downloadable games and dlc already bought can still be accessed from the download list, then people's fears of Sony taking away those games would be unjustified.

The problem is that you could lose everything, even the psn games that you have in your ps3. 

Because the internal clock need to sync with the psn store in order to have them working. 

When the internal clock resets is all over, because without the store Online cant sync. 

So this is even if you own all psn games and dlcs and you have it in your ps3, theres is no guarantee How much time they will be playable. 

I dont know if the interna clock thing is real. 

Edited by Hwoarang_21

18 hours ago, yuber1234 said:

https://www.ign.com/articles/playstation-patents-the-ability-to-add-trophies-to-emulated-retro-games

A friend of mine brought this to my attention. I don't know if this makes the store closure rumors less likely or more likely.

Does it applies to only-digital games that were delisted? If thats the case I would love it

7 minutes ago, aishsha said:

Seems legit.

Spread the news! It's official.

14 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Spread the news! It's official.

Typing a blog article atm.