Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

9 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Playstation support is also unreliable as the front end support tend to be uninformed about internal matters. I wouldn't take what they say with a grain of salt

This. Unless you have a very specific issue (some account issues, issues with purchases, etc.) they’re generally unhelpful. 

Case in point: I was told by support it’d be completely fine to update my PS3 with an Ethernet cable if my WiFi & Bluetooth chip weren’t working. They weren’t aware that doing that could brick the system. 

17 minutes ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

This. Unless you have a very specific issue (some account issues, issues with purchases, etc.) they’re generally unhelpful. 

Case in point: I was told by support it’d be completely fine to update my PS3 with an Ethernet cable if my WiFi & Bluetooth chip weren’t working. They weren’t aware that doing that could brick the system. 

Perfect example of being uninformed and lying. It is pretty common knowledge that the wireless module has to be functioning for a firmware update to install, otherwise you'll get stuck in an infinite boot loop of trying to install the firmware

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TomataEighty9 said:

i'm amazed, that a non confirmed rumour, can generate a 36 page thread :o

Probably cause Sony have pissed off enough people already so anything is possible now,

as for me im just enjoying what is left of it (regarding my taste) after that one can only move on i guess.

2 hours ago, DaivRules said:

At this point, it would be awesome if Sony doesn’t address it. And the dates come and go with nothing happen. 

That should teach people not to be such Chicken Littles, but it probably wouldn’t.

After almost 5 days that rumors were published, I believe Sony will indeed not address it all and at the end this rumor was just fake news : Sony is literally profiting from people panic buying (Guilty of that too) and no other gaming news outlets ever got any ink that this might be true.

Still there is a heeding to be taken: Playstation Store won't live forever on older generations and since there are no more sale for those consoles, one might just plan out their future purchases so they don't get surprised and panicking when these rumors start to rise again.

Edited by Otonio_Bruno
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

I spend like 8 years using my ps3 with ethernert cable. 

What are you talking about?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hwoarang_21 said:

I spend like 8 years using my ps3 with ethernert cable. 

What are you talking about?

But, is your WiFi/Bluetooth module functional? Could you use WiFi if you wanted to? Can you use your controller wirelessly? If yes, then the problem I mentioned doesn’t affect you. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

But, is your WiFi/Bluetooth module functional? Could you use WiFi if you wanted to? Can you use your controller wirelessly? If yes, then the problem I mentioned doesn’t affect you. 

Yes, yes, yes. 

Did you resolve that problem? 

9 hours ago, TomataEighty9 said:

i'm amazed, that a non confirmed rumour, can generate a 36 page thread :o

From what I've gathered about this thread people read the first comment in the thread and then skip to the end. Any rational arguments get lost in the miasma of this thread. Any arguments to the contrary that this isn't fact get buried.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Malachen said:

From what I've gathered about this thread people read the first comment in the thread and then skip to the end. Any rational arguments get lost in the miasma of this thread. Any arguments to the contrary that this isn't fact get buried.

Nuance is not interesting anymore, not on the internet anyway.

Considering it's already been this long now, I doubt Sony is going to comment on the rumour or the backlash surrounding it. They'll either actually announce the store closures on March 31st (end of fiscal year, plus "The Gamer" article does state they plan to make the announcement at the end of this month), or days, weeks, months will go by and nothing will happen and everyone will forget about this rumour. Either way, if it's mid April and it's still crickets from Sony, I'm going to say it's safe to assume the rumours held no water.

Literally all we can do is wait now, no point contacting support, they're not going to know, people will get different answers from different support reps and will be no closer to an actual confirmation.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Considering it's already been this long now, I doubt Sony is going to comment on the rumour or the backlash surrounding it. They'll either actually announce the store closures on March 31st (end of fiscal year, plus "The Gamer" article does state they plan to make the announcement at the end of this month), or days, weeks, months will go by and nothing will happen and everyone will forget about this rumour. Either way, if it's mid April and it's still crickets from Sony, I'm going to say it's safe to assume the rumours held no water.

Literally all we can do is wait now, no point contacting support, they're not going to know, people will get different answers from different support reps and will be no closer to an actual confirmation.

Personally ill put on my tin foil hat and wait for March 31. On April 1 I can breathe a sigh of relief if there was no announcement or anything. I just hope that the “unverified source” isnt Jim Ryan haha....

Well, considering you need the Playstation Store app on your system to download your games, it's going to be a total bummer if rumors are true. 

Unless they create a "Library" like they did with PS4 and PS5 to easily download your games, but going back to PS3, Vita and PSP just for this, I think Sony will simply let the app open... 

Edited by TurtlePM