Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

15 hours ago, DaivRules said:

At this point, it would be awesome if Sony doesn’t address it. And the dates come and go with nothing happen. 

That should teach people not to be such Chicken Littles, but it probably wouldn’t.

If Sony did pull a U turn, it would be likely be because of the 'chicken littles' so I dont really get what its supposed to teach them?

• Like 1

Just now, JediKnight_327 said:

If Sony did pull a U turn, it would be likely be because of the 'chicken littles' so I dont really get what its supposed to teach them?

There would no U turn. That's a fabrication because it was never intended to begin with and people just made up things that didn't happen. That would teach Chicken Littles not to overreact at something without evidence of the thing they're reacting to.

• Like 1

welp, I've decided to buy some of the games that I always wanted but never got for the Vita and PS3 recently, usually because there was always something shinier for me on the PS4 or Switch. Gonna wait for some confirmation before actually getting everything I want

Hi folks. Just to keep you all updated. I responded to "Kevin" with this series of questions. https://prnt.sc/10wavd9 Today I got this response from "Saara". https://prnt.sc/10wavqi So either one support worker is telling me one thing and the other support worker is telling me another thing, or it's true that "Kevin" misunderstood me. If that's the case, apologies to anyone who suggested that to me and I shot it down. It didn't seem like a misunderstanding to me but this newest response kind of adds merit to that idea. Apologies again, I think I was being a little defensive yesterday due to the amount of people who were accusing me of faking screenshots. So yeah, pinch of salt obviously but I hope maybe this newest response can give some of us some hope after their initial response seemed so bleak.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hysteria said:

I got feelings that Sony won’t comment on that & the days will pass like normal days ? like really the rumor got wild & it all over Twitter, YouTube  goggle search & articles & they didn’t hear anything ??! Strange 

Pretty sure they are aware of this, and this is benefits for them. Maybe they are planning on closing the Store, but they will stay quiet for weeks or months because people like me are wasting more than 50 dollars just in digital-only content.

This rumors across the web sre benefit for them. 

40 minutes ago, Ich1994-1994 said:

So i also wrote an email to teh Sony Support. The Answer is in German so i am not gonna post it here but they essentially said (We are no alloed to talk about this)

See this is another response that would land that service advisor in hot water, by saying “we’re not allowed to talk about it” implies something is happening behind the scenes. What they should be doing is denying any knowledge; deny, deny, deny...

19 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

You don't need to enter the store to download. You can do it from account management > transaction history > download list

Yeah you are right but you won't be able to share between your accounts , just put that in your mind . 

25 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

You don't need to enter the store to download. You can do it from account management > transaction history > download list

But the thing you're downloading has to exist somewhere for you to download from. That wouldn't be the case if the store was completely taken down.

6 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

The storefront and the servers you download the games from aren't the same thing. 

I'd assume, if they were to close the store, they'd be taking down the storefront AND the servers, seeing as the servers are what actually take money to keep running. Of course I don't know for certain though.

1 hour ago, Pottercito_ said:

Pretty sure they are aware of this, and this is benefits for them. Maybe they are planning on closing the Store, but they will stay quiet for weeks or months because people like me are wasting more than 50 dollars just in digital-only content.

This rumors across the web sre benefit for them. 

Im waiting to the announcement, but is this true im gonna do the same. 

There is tons of very good games that only came in the PSN and there is no other way to play it. 

"legally" 

13 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

The storefront and the servers you download the games from aren't the same thing. 

I agree, because i still can download every single dlc from Marvel vs Capcom 3 and even MVC ORIGINS an 2.

They delisted like 7 years ago. 

• Like 1

Anyone got a stable version of the old store to use? Everytime I use it I keep getting Access is Denied Server Errors. This old web version is the only way for me to be able to buy stuff as Amazon keeps saying (despite being in the UK) that I can't buy UK PSN Credit for geographical reasons.

So frustrating.

1 minute ago, BlaizeV said:

Anyone got a stable version of the old store to use? Everytime I use it I keep getting Access is Denied Server Errors. This old web version is the only way for me to be able to buy stuff as Amazon keeps saying (despite being in the UK) that I can't buy UK PSN Credit for geographical reasons.

So frustrating.

Links from here aren't working?

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/97585-how-to-access-the-old-ps-store-ps3-ps4-vita-psp/

Sony is now pushing PS Now harder. I just got offered a 1-month subscription for $1. Perfect timing because I was planning to self-boost all of the BlazBlue games that way lol.

But yeah, IMO this gives the rumor credibility :(

Edited by yuber1234

1 hour ago, odie8391 said:

See this is another response that would land that service advisor in hot water, by saying “we’re not allowed to talk about it” implies something is happening behind the scenes. What they should be doing is denying any knowledge; deny, deny, deny...

Quote"
Wir verstehen deine Befüchtungen diesbezüglich.
Alle offiziellen Informationen zu PlayStation kannst du unter folgendem Blog verfolgen:
Es tut mir leid dir keine andere Antwort geben zu können."

i just checked again. its better translates with "i am sorry that i cannot answer that"
he also writes he understand the fear so i guess they get a shitload of requests like this. i also asked if an announcedment was planned btw

Edited by Ich1994-1994