Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

45 minutes ago, BlaizeV said:

Anyone got a stable version of the old store to use? Everytime I use it I keep getting Access is Denied Server Errors. This old web version is the only way for me to be able to buy stuff as Amazon keeps saying (despite being in the UK) that I can't buy UK PSN Credit for geographical reasons.

What device type are you using? I have issues trying to access the old UK store via my phone or iPad, but on desktop it’s been okay

The other option I’ve used recently is to add funds to me account via the new style store front, then go make the purchase via the store on my PS3. That route circumvents the error you get when the PS3 tries to process debit/credit card payments

On 3/24/2021 at 4:37 AM, SlipingJimmy said:

YouTube channels are having a click bait field day with this subject. They will look pretty silly once the real truth comes out with the fear mongering.  Sony are not in a position really to piss their gamer base off and lose gamers to other platforms. With Microsoft making territoral advances on their turf. This is one that definitely could cause alot of backlash.

Not saying this will not happen eventually maybe In a couple of years time.There's just too many politics in play here, for them to make a knee jerk reaction, they need to work with gamers and give them plenty of notice..

Similar to recent big changes to  Destiny 2, they announced they where removing 40 percent of the game for the beyond light upgrade. Gamers where losing access to content they have paid for.. They copped backlash with the short notice and they extended it to allow people plenty of time to work through this content. Which was more than fair, it was on you if you didn't get through it.

I personally don't care about losing access to a game I have bought that I have completed 100%. I'll never play it again, if I want it back for some reason, I'll buy it on disc for dirt cheap somewhere.

you dont need the ps store to access your download list on ps3. you can do it in the xmb menu. for future reference

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlaizeV said:

Yeah the link works but if I try to use the site, be it search or just genre sorting etc I get an access is denied webpage.

Access denied might need an IP renewal process through the command line. That's a quite common issue for PSN store (if that's what I think you face).

2 hours ago, yuber1234 said:

Sony is now pushing PS Now harder. I just got offered a 1-month subscription for $1. Perfect timing because I was planning to self-boost all of the BlazBlue games that way lol.

But yeah, IMO this gives the rumor credibility :(

Why do you think that?

I dont know how many Sacred Symbols fans are here, but its interesting to hear that even Colin's liason to getting a Vita dev-kit (which he purchased only a month ago) couldn't even say whether or not these rumors are true and hes actively developing a PS Vita title. 

I really do think there's something else at play here and that the announcement of Playstation Store shutdowns will be the catalyst for either some sort of backwards compatibility initiative or consolidation of the PS Store catalog. Whether that's through PS Now or what remains to be seen obviously. 

Edited by Boooda
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ImMagnetz said:

Hi folks. Just to keep you all updated. I responded to "Kevin" with this series of questions. https://prnt.sc/10wavd9 Today I got this response from "Saara". https://prnt.sc/10wavqi So either one support worker is telling me one thing and the other support worker is telling me another thing, or it's true that "Kevin" misunderstood me. If that's the case, apologies to anyone who suggested that to me and I shot it down. It didn't seem like a misunderstanding to me but this newest response kind of adds merit to that idea. Apologies again, I think I was being a little defensive yesterday due to the amount of people who were accusing me of faking screenshots. So yeah, pinch of salt obviously but I hope maybe this newest response can give some of us some hope after their initial response seemed so bleak.

Kevin didn't misunderstood you, he trolled you. He copied and pasted a sentence word by word from TheGamer article. It cannot be a coincidence.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, B1rvine said:

I can't purchase anything on the PS3 console itself. I'm getting a generic error message. Anyone else?

I’ve been getting that on the UK store for a few weeks if I try to pay by debit/credit card. But if I use existing funds things are fine. Might be worth trying that?

2 minutes ago, Starlighthed211 said:

Kevin didn't misunderstood you, he trolled you. He copied and pasted a sentence word by word from TheGamer article. It cannot be a coincidence.

I doubt whether PlayStation Support would be trolling people, but you're entitled to your opinion.

7 minutes ago, ImMagnetz said:

I doubt whether PlayStation Support would be trolling people, but you're entitled to your opinion.

Well Kevin certainly did. You get your answers from Sony and if not, either don't answer or say the whole thing is false. Or, give a response that Saara did.

Kevin did the wrong thing at least, by googling and going to TheGamer article which is rumored and not official. This sort of thing can actually damage the Sony brand spreading misinformation especially being part of the PlayStation Support team!

Edited by Starlighthed211
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

You don't need to enter the store to download. You can do it from account management > transaction history > download list

I know we can do it via website, but it's possible through the console that way?

Hmm didn't know about that :/

In that case, guess we don't have to worry about re-downloading purchased games if these rumors come true. 

24 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

How does that work on the Vita?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but don't Vita purchases appear in this same list on PS3? And then you can download them to your console and transfer to your Vita. It's been years since I've done this so Idk if thats even an option anymore. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Boooda said:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but don't Vita purchases appear in this same list on PS3? And then you can download them to your console and transfer to your Vita. It's been years since I've done this so Idk if thats even an option anymore. 

They should as long as it wasn't an item that appeared in one store or the other to the best of my knowledge.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Boooda said:

You are correct. Only requirement is that both the PS3 and Vita accounts in question need to be the same user ID and region for the transfer to work.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Boooda said:

This is literally what I'm thinking. Because people are saying if the PS Store shuts down, then you can still get stuff from your download list on PS3. Vita's download list is in the PS store app. But you can download Vita games to your PS3 and transfer them but I'm not sure if that works if you go through the download list on PS3 or if you can only access them through the PS store

54 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Wish we could delete stuff from our download list, i have nearly 2000 things in my list. 

Same, ~2200 entries rn, there is a bunch of same dlcs for multiple regions and it takes ages to scroll down the list. It will be an issue when store gets closed, more convenient is to download the game I want just by searching it in the store rather than scrolling down that list endlessly. Holy shit, they could have added ability to search through it at least

Edited by KingSkovald

6 hours ago, BRKs_Eagle said:

Why would they? It's only a couple hundred folks amongst the millions of their playerbase who actually care. Not a significant impact on the brand, and gives them money from those folks panic-buying. As I said, this is actually proving to be beneficial to them, whether they intended it or not.

I'd argue but I can actually believe they'd be arrogant enough to put short term profits over brand reputation.

10 minutes ago, JediKnight_327 said:

I'd argue but I can actually believe they'd be arrogant enough to put short term profits over brand reputation.

To be honest I bet Sony won't even notice about these "profits". There are 110+ millions of PS4s available and most of profits are made by those obviously, and most likely PS5 is already generating a lot more profits than old PS3 playerbase (if I'm not mistaken there are 5-6 millions of PS5s available right now with new games at full price, probably a higher number than remaining PS3 active players?! Sounds possible to me) that is panic-buying right now.

9 minutes ago, Agent_Renegade22 said:

To be honest I bet Sony won't even notice about these "profits". There are 110+ millions of PS4s available and most of profits are made by those obviously, and most likely PS5 is already generating a lot more profits than old PS3 playerbase (if I'm not mistaken there are 5-6 millions of PS5s available right now with new games at full price, probably a higher number than remaining PS3 active players?! Sounds possible to me) that is panic-buying right now.

Sure, but by that same logic the expense of keeping the stores up is negligible. They may not be making a killing from PS3/Vita games but I have to believe they're still in the black.