Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

1 minute ago, RNumbers said:

Sure, but by that same logic the expense of keeping the stores up is negligible. They may not be making a killing from PS3/Vita games but I have to believe they're still in the black.

Absolutely! I totally agree with you, but we're talking about Sony that is known for changing their mind easily and taking bad decisions sometimes. I won't be surprised if they'll go for the shutdown but I hope this is a fake rumour. Perhaps they are just testing the waters hence the lack of an official statement yet.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, JediKnight_327 said:

I'd argue but I can actually believe they'd be arrogant enough to put short term profits over brand reputation.

People who this quickly believe an unconfirmed rumor and treat it as fact are not worth any effort on any businesses part. It would be an unending battle of coddling their every concern that they’ve already shown they can be flipped into hysteria by a randomly posted rumor and unwarranted panic from some posts on the internet. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KingSkovald said:

Same, ~2200 entries rn, there is a bunch of same dlcs for multiple regions and it takes ages to scroll down the list. It will be an issue when store gets closed, more convenient is to download the game I want just by searching it in the store rather than scrolling down that list endlessly. Holy shit, they could have added ability to search through it at least

At least the PS3 doesn’t bump back to the top after selecting something like the Vita does? ?‍♂️
Ngl the PS4 is pretty great with the library alphabetizing and letting you hide any games to thin out the ones you’ve finished (this is technically 1 more point in favor or physical ;) 

It definitely is better to download from the store than the PS3 download list especially if you got the game’s demo and the unlock key at way different times.

What’s next ? They close almost everything except the PS on PS3 console itself & some small elements like the browser, manual instructions..etc just WOW I am really amazed since they didn’t announce the close of the old PS3 web browser.

50 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Not all games appear from the consoles apps. There were lists made months ago.

Can you send a link please?

26 minutes ago, Boooda said:

I would fucking die laughing if the rumor was regarding the old PS Webstore. Nearly 40 pages of hysteria over something that was dead to rights months ago. 

The thing is did they announced it on thier social media or even thier official page ??!!!

Edited by Hysteria

1 hour ago, Boooda said:

I would fucking die laughing if the rumor was regarding the old PS Webstore. Nearly 40 pages of hysteria over something that was dead to rights months ago. 

I don’t know if you are going to say the same thing when the July comes & they will kill it silently like they did for the PS3 browser without even any announcement. 

Hi this is off topic but maybe sony is trying to kill PS3 Vita and PSP stores in browsers? Yesterday I can still see dlc on games in the Ps3 whenever I log to safari on my ipad. I tried today and it redirects me to the new store? Maybe they are killing this feature than just closing the stores on the PS3 Vita and PsP?