Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

3 minutes ago, Silocia said:

I never mentioned the Vita, my point doesnt stand with the Vita because like the PS4/5 you're paying for those servers and store maintenance through PS+ subscription. Rage all you want about Vita I'll be standing by you.

The point I was making is people think they're entitled to the PS3 and PSP stores to be open forever. They're not entitled to that, I couldnt care less about the size of someones backlog. Its 2 generations down and has 2 console replacements unlike the Vita. Me, stating that it was free was because back then and still now those servers and the store were free (unless obviously you bought a game from the store) if the footfall now isnt enough to keep them making money clearly they're going to close it. Library games will still be accessible obviously and if they're not, I will come back in here and bash Sony but they 100% will be.

lets also be real, PS3 wasnt the same as the PS4 a digital only release for the PS3 was extremely rare. Games were physical based so again closing the store doesnt really affect anything, if you REALLY want that specific game, you can probably find a physical copy of it and away you go. So back to my original point, yes, people are being self entitled, thinking a company should have to fork out money so they can do things the way they want because they still have x things to do and if they're not allowed to do that its unfair.

Digital only release on ps3 were very very common. pretty much every game that does not have a platinum was a "PSN game" back then

• Like 2

After just taking down purchases for PS3, Vita and PSP (even though the PSP's native storefront has been gone for some years anyway I believe) from the new webstore recently, I'd honestly be quite surprised if this is true. I'd imagine the stores would still last at least another year, and I'd imagine they would announce their closure a year in advance (even Nintendo did for the closure of the Wii Shop Channel). But them shutting down in July with no word from Sony at all at this point? I kinda doubt. They announced the end of PS Plus titles being offered for PS3 and Vita a year in advance as well. I know current Sony seems to like to spring things on people out of no where, but I still kind of doubt even in their current state, they would suddenly announce the permanent closure of store fronts.

Either way, even though I don't have anything else I'd like to buy digitally on these platforms, I really hope it isn't true. Especially if it means we'd have to access our previously bought games from the download list in the future, which is always a nightmare to navigate. It's not like keeping the stores online is really costing Sony anything, they're probably still making enough sales to pay for the servers 10 times over, so this would be a rather baffling decision.

Edit: Also, it just occurred to me that games are still releasing for the Vita (digitally). So how is this going to work, assuming it is true?

Edited by SuperSmexy500
  • Like 3

Just now, KANERKB said:

well shit if this is real and true I am pissed as I will lose all the dlc I got for a lot of games I got and some download only games too.

You wouldn't lose anything, you can still download purchases on a psp. You just wouldn't be able to buy anything off of the store anymore

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

Real shit, if this is real, im going to buy a lot of DLC and redownloading a lot of patches and ps plus games

Honestly at this point I might have to just bite the bullet and buy some of the dlc I've left behind. I think after maybe 8 years playing, I've got like 3 games that have missing dlc that can still be obtained (Littlebigplanet, Borderlands 1 and 2). Out of all of the possible digital games I'm going to miss the most is probably Tokyo Jungle. I've 100% that, but the idea of losing that makes me depress.

Edited by Goatee_McGee
  • Like 2

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

You wouldn't lose anything, you can still download purchases on a psp. You just wouldn't be able to buy anything off of the store anymore

I don't own a psp no clue how that can work on ps3, but yeah, this is still bs as all them ps2 and ps1 classics are going to disappear and the only way to get them now is to either emulator or spending a lot of money for them as in for silent hill 1 or clock tower or even godhand and shadow tower and all 3 fatal frame games

There's something wrong with this rumor.

First, the PSP Store from the PSP itself was shut down like 5 years ago.

Second, what do they mean with "Stores"? The console apps, or the recently resurrected old Store website? Yeah, i wrote "recently resurrected" because that's what it exactly happened a couple of months ago. We all do remember that BS. I'm still wondering what it exactly happened at that time. And it's still selling PS4 AND PS5 stuff.

If they only close the console apps... whatever, it's not the end of the world. They suck hard.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

That was only the ability to go to the store and download via a PSP.  All content in the PSP store is in the Vita's store because the Vita is backwards compatible for digital content.

As far as the topic, not believing it until Sony announces it, but I already bought everything digital I was interested in.  My only concern is the ability to download my content and sync trophies at this point.

If that was the intention of the headline, shouldn't it say PS1/PS2/PS3/PSP/PSVita stores shutting down?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

I don't own a psp no clue how that can work on ps3, but yeah, this is still bs as all them ps2 and ps1 classics are going to disappear and the only way to get them now is to either emulator or spending a lot of money for them as in for silent hill 1 or clock tower or even godhand and shadow tower and all 3 fatal frame games

Instead of entering the ps store, you go to account management, transaction history, download list. You can find everything you've bought and you can download them from there

• Like 1