Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

37 minutes ago, HeinrichReich said:

If that is all true, than Sony could at least do some sort of sell-out. Something like 90% on everything would be great 1f605.png

Or they could leave things at full price, knowing that most of the panic buying would happen regardless (heck, IS happening regardless!)

8 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

When the store eventually closes, there’s not going to be a final blowout sale, people. This is not a furniture store closing that needs to clear inventory. Those stores don’t do that because it’s great for customers, they do it because all that stock liquidating makes it easier to settle balances with debtors.

Announced in October, it was on every gaming site and blog site, posted on their site, emailed to everyone who has a Playstation account. How did you miss it?

https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Discontinued-PlayStation-apps-features-and-services?language=en_US

So there is nothing about the PS3 store closure , then I won’t bother if they not announce that on their page , social media...etc so be happy.

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Announced in October, it was on every gaming site and blog site, posted on their site, emailed to everyone who has a Playstation account. How did you miss it?

I read news, forums and discord reports and obviously knew that on day 1 but never received that email, the only email I got from them was that PS Messages and PS App is getting merged into a single app.

Edited by KingSkovald

6 minutes ago, KingSkovald said:

I read news, forums and discord reports and obviously knew that on day 1 but never received that email, the only email I got from them was that PS Messages and PS App is getting merged into a single app.

Yes, but the email exists. The first rumor about the closure of the webstore months ago started with someone posting a screenshot of the email we eventually got.

5 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Yes, but the email exists. The first rumor about the closure of the webstore months ago started with someone posting a screenshot of the email we eventually got.

Yeah, I saw that. I know that many players received it, just saying that it's not guaranteed that they'll send an email to everyone

14 minutes ago, KingSkovald said:

Check your spam folder for the email address you have on your PSN account. Would have been sent October 15th, 2020. 

18 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Check your spam folder for the email address you have on your PSN account. Would have been sent October 15th, 2020. 

Checked, nothing from Sony. I never seen anything Sony-related in spam and getting lots of crap from them.
The only email on October 15th from Sony is Watch Dogs Legion Pre-Order promotion lol, wish crap like that ended in spam.

Edited by KingSkovald

16 minutes ago, R4M Jolly Monk said:

Jesus, this topic soon hits 1000 posts. The guys at thegamer.com really achieved what they had in mind. Why not simply carry on with your lives? There ain't nothing you can do anyway.

Playstation is aware of this website, Playstation access a official Playstation youtube channel referenced this website directly once.

Its entirely possible they are reading this, if they care or not is another question.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, KingSkovald said:

Checked, nothing from Sony.

Sometimes email just gets lost in the ether apparently. Happens at work all the time. People tell us they just don’t get the emails we send.

Regardless of you not receiving the email personally, Sony put in effort to communicate the store changes ahead of time. Email wasn’t the only method of that communication, since they also posted it on their site and I’m sure they coordinated press coverage as well. 

7 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Regardless of you not receiving the email personally, Sony put in effort to communicate the store changes ahead of time. Email wasn’t the only method of that communication, since they also posted it on their site and I’m sure they coordinated press coverage as well. 

Can't argue with that, it was everywhere on the news

1 hour ago, charxsetsuna said:

Playstation is aware of this website, Playstation access a official Playstation youtube channel referenced this website directly once.

Its entirely possible they are reading this, if they care or not is another question.

Do you know what video this was?

Guys I found a YouTube video about the dead CMOS battery thing. So it does indeed in fact mean that if ever Sony shut down online connectivity period, your games can't be played anymore even the ones you've purchased. It wouldn't work unless he connected to online. 

Edited by Cryogenicide_X

16 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Guys I found a YouTube video about the dead CMOS battery thing. So it does indeed in fact mean that if ever Sony shut down online connectivity period, your games can't be played anymore even the ones you've purchased. It wouldn't work unless he connected to online. 

See, this is even worse than we imagine. 

All download games will be lost.

Even the ones you already own. 

3 minutes ago, Hwoarang_21 said:

See, this is even worse than we imagine. 

All download games will be lost.

Even the ones you already own. 

I think if sony shutt down ps3 for good is gonna have  very negative effect in the ps5 digital only console because all the games in your ps5 are not gonna last forever in a few years. 

This affects Directly to the ps5 sales, I dont think sony would be this stupid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HMS_Victor said:

Do you know what video this was?

Unfortunately not, it was in a trophy related video but they have done a lot of those.

OK I found the video and they say "I looked on my psnprofile about it" later they talk about how the website tracks how long it took for you to get the plat. so I'm not sure its a direct reference but it is a reference.

This is the link if your curious

Edited by charxsetsuna
Grammar, updated info