Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

10 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

outdated and largely abandoned ps3 infrastructure

Wait, but you mentioned "PlayStation quality" in your previous posts.

And again, why everyone defending Sony here doesn't have PS3/Vita games in their trophy list by strange coincidence?

Kids just can't realize their PS4/PS5 games will be screwed same way in couple of years.

Edited by KingSkovald
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KingSkovald said:

Wait, but you mentioned "PlayStation quality" in your previous posts.

And again, why everyone defending Sony here doesn't have PS3/Vita games in their trophy list by strange coincidence?

Kids just can't realize their PS4/PS5 games will be screwed same way in couple of years.

At no point did I say "playstation quality", but yes, for its time, the ps3 had, and still has plenty of quality.  However, it's old. Past its prime.  Outdated and abandoned doesn't equal no quality, it means people have largely moved on to bigger and better things.

I have plenty of ps3 games on an old and retired account. Stop making assumptions, it only makes you look foolish.  And if you know anything about the ps3 infrastructure, then you'd know why it's less likely (note: not impossible) that ps4 will follow the same path.

You're still blasting away at the company for not keeping the ps3 up...when they havent done anything to take it down.   Ps3 is 15 years old. Ps4 is 8 years old. I welcome you to come back in 7 years when they dont shut down and complain. Until then, we're done here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KingSkovald said:

It's just pointless to try to prove anything to people who keep finding excuses for Sony doing all this shit.
Their PlayStation is sacred console for them, they didn't see anything else. Not only ready to accept all the shit Sony throws at them recently but even ready to say it's cool. Pathetic.
No wonder that Sony is doing what they are doing with audience like that, those players deserved such treatment.

There's nothing you had to prove to begin with. I was just pointing out several things you said that were factually wrong that's all. You're now labeling anyone who's responding to you with a different stance as fanboys which is pretty lame considering no one has came at you In a negative manner . Many within this topic are overly pessimistic about a rumor by some unreliable source while others are just waiting to see wether it'll be debunked or confirmed. Maybe I'm just at a point in my life where little shit doesn't bother me but I'm reading through a portion of this topic just scratching my head wondering where the hell did yall even get that from? 

What shit has Sony been throwing to an "audience like us" exactly? Here's what Im aware of. They've been censoring certain niche Japanese games that are a tad oversexualized, they've changed the trophy sound, ps5 trophy image has changed, communities will be removed, Japan studios has been recentered to team ASOBI and the ps app has been overhauled while also removing older generation games from the app. The last thing I mentioned is understandable considering how atrocious and laggy the ps3 store is so I completely understand if people are upset that they're forced to endure with it but other than that I'm genuinely scratching my head. Maybe enlighten us with actual shit they've done instead of hyperbole, speculations and insults. Not saying they're the best or can do no wrong but as someone who spends a lot of time gaming, I'm unaware of what changes they've made that somehow got in your way of enjoying games. 

After this I'll likely stop responding. Not trying to clutter up the topic even more for those that are just waiting for some sort of update regarding the situation. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Please dont take offense to this, but you're relying on memory which may or may not be accurate.

Without actually providing which content specifically is available on the webstore and not the console (which likely isnt possible if the store is gone), we cant definitely say Sony is on the wrong for that.  IF that's the case, then foul on them, but without the proof, it's only conjecture

No friggin' way. There were several PSOne Classics in that list. I'm not an idiot. I can't stand false accusations.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

No friggin' way. There were several PSOne Classics in that list. I'm not an idiot. I can't stand false accusations.

Dude, don't waste your time and nerves trying to explain anything. It becomes clear why they are writing all this bs when you open their trophy list.
Just ignore them and they'll go away, luckily at least on this forum most players here aren't like them.

40 minutes ago, KingSkovald said:

Dude, don't waste your time and nerves trying to explain anything. It becomes clear why they are writing all this bs when you open their trophy list.
Just ignore them and they'll go away, luckily at least on this forum most players here aren't like them.

Oh well... anyway, that's just one of many: https://old.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/j8paw8/with_the_recent_news_of_the_web_stores_overhaul/

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

No wonder nothing has been done about this. For every post that says something isn’t found on the Vita store, another seems to say it is. Has anyone compiled an actual readable list of titles and see if there is a correlation between regions or some other commonality? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

No wonder nothing has been done about this. For every post that says something isn’t found on the Vita store, another seems to say it is. Has anyone compiled an actual readable list of titles and see if there is a correlation between regions or some other commonality? 

Only one I know of not available on the store itself on the vita in the NA region is Saga Frontier 3. You could only find it on the app or the website when those still worked

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KingSkovald said:

It's just pointless to try to prove anything to people who keep finding excuses for Sony doing all this shit.
Their PlayStation is sacred console for them, they didn't see anything else. Not only ready to accept all the shit Sony throws at them recently but even ready to say it's cool. Pathetic.
No wonder that Sony is doing what they are doing with audience like that, those players deserved such treatment.

EDITED: AJ_-_808 is another one defending Sony and another one not having PS3/Vita games on his list on PSNProfiles, what a coincidence!
Why you people just won't pass by this thread if you don't give a damn about PS3 and Vita?

(inb4 you get angry and go look at my profile. To cut to the chase, no, there are no PS3 or Vita games there, because I created it after getting a PS4. I will also predict that you will call me a Sony fanboy or whatever have you, and then create an angry post probably calling me names because not believing in rumors without a credible source is apparently a sin nowadays.)

(If you actually do exactly that, man, you're really predictable. Try mixing it up a bit.)

5 minutes ago, BRKs_Eagle said:

(inb4 you get angry and go look at my profile. To cut to the chase, no, there are no PS3 or Vita games there, because I created it after getting a PS4. I will also predict that you will call me a Sony fanboy or whatever have you

Y'all passionate Sony lovers who don't mind PS3/Vita store closure all have that one alt/retired account with ps3/vita games and y'all don't want to play any of those games on new one, we already got that. Don't need to repeat this again and again.

P.S. where did I even said that I believe rumors from thegamer.com myself, I'm just angry because of old web store closure last Friday. And it's fucking obvious that Sony has plans to close the store very soon: end of support on website, end of bugfixing, end of sales. That's my last reply to these smart "all my ps3\vita games are on my old account" boiz. Won't even miss PlayStation and community like this, cheers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KingSkovald said:

Y'all passionate Sony lovers who don't mind PS3/Vita store closure all have that one alt/retired account with ps3/vita games and y'all don't want to play any of those games on new one, we already got that. Don't need to repeat this again and again.

P.S. where did I even said that I believe rumors from thegamer.com myself, I'm just angry because of old web store closure last Friday. And it's fucking obvious that Sony has plans to close the store very soon: end of support on website, end of bugfixing, end of sales. That's my last reply to these smart "all my ps3\vita games are on my old account" boiz. Won't even miss PlayStation and community like this, cheers.

Actually, it's because my country's economy sucks (a dollar is 5,79 reais right now, and the real is the fourth most devalued currency this year) and I had to sell my PS3 to be able to afford my PS4, else I would've kept both. But sure, keep believing I just don't wanna play old games and I'm currently playing through the Ezio Trilogy, because... I don't know.

32 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

You're a PlayStation player, do you play PlayStation?

No, I play games(

On PlayStation, PC and Switch

PC seems to have more PlayStation games now than PlayStation itself thanks to PS1-PS3 emulators so I can leave my PlayStation to PlayStation players so they can play my PlayStation while I'm playing their games ?

Edited by KingSkovald
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, greatfede said:

lmao people defending sony's moves are fucked up / not owning old consoles.

You can't be sure of how accurate this is or, if true, how a shutdown would proceed; removing the purchase option, allowing downloads for X amount of time, sales, etc.

Digital stores shutting down or removing old content has always been a constant worry and isn't new for this rumor. It has actually happened before with Nintendo. While it hasn't happened with Steam, the site does have plan in place for that worst case scenario. That people that gave the reminder that digital access isn't necessarily forever tend to get shouted down as naysayers and luddites. If you were practical, then a digital store closing would be viewed as possible outcome and not as Sony doing you dirty.

You're a PlayStation player, do you play PlayStation?

Being a playstation player means complaining about playstation more than every other platform even when the same things apply.

PC seems to have more PlayStation games now than PlayStation...

Welcome to 1985. PC has always had more LEGAL games than consoles. Bringing emulation doesn't even need to happen

49 minutes ago, KingSkovald said:

Nintendo players play games.

PlayStation players play PlayStation.

What argument are you making here? You seem to be trying to make the argument that Playstation players are complacent and put up with crap that Nintendo players don't. But that makes no sense, seeing as Nintendo closed the Wii store over two years ago. So how is Nintendo better than Sony in this instance (or in any instance of anything related to online infrastructure, for that matter)?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

What argument are you making here? You seem to be trying to make the argument that Playstation players are complacent and put up with crap that Nintendo players don't. But that makes no sense, seeing as Nintendo closed the Wii store over two years ago. So how is Nintendo better than Sony in this instance (or in any instance of anything related to online infrastructure, for that matter)?

I already mentioned that

They made it possible to transfer games to Wii U and gave 1 year notice and console itself is fully backwards compatible with Wii. Wii U eShop is still intact and they even do sales there. Same with 3DS, it's fully compatible with DS and 2DS, still has eShop operating and sales too. It doesn't hurt that much, just like PSP store closure because there is Vita where it's still possible (not for long?) to buy/download PSP games.
If Sony does this it risks to be the first company who wiped thousands of cool games into the abyss. Make PS3 games playable/purchasable on PS5 and leave Vita alone and I wouldn't care

PlayStation players play only PlayStation and don't know what's happening on other platforms, they know only what Sony tells them and what other PlayStation players tell them when they play PlayStation together

Sony tells them that PlayStation 3 emulation is very hard and close to impossible while PC players play PlayStation 3 games on RPCS3 emulator and been playing PS1-PS2 games since 00s.

PlayStation players tell other PlayStation players that they must not resist while getting rekt by Sony on PS3 and Vita because Nintendo players got rekt by Nintendo on Wii while Nintendo players play Wii games on Wii U

Edited by KingSkovald
  • Like 3