Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

So this leaves a number of questions. Can Vita games still in development be listed and sold as crossbuy titles still? Why are you shutting down a store for a console getting active releases still?

What happens with games and purchases that cannot be retrieved from the download list? In particular this is an issue on PS3, where the content simply isn't in the download list. With no store, that content is lost?

This is a colossal fuck up by Sony.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KingSkovald said:

To all Sonyboys insulting me in this thread, Sony does it for you, this is for the players: ?
After thoughtful consideration, we decided to make these changes in an effort to focus our resources for PlayStation Store on PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®5, which will enable us to enhance the customer experience even further.

Yeah except that's exactly what they won't do...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LamiaTears said:

Relieved we'll still be able to download our existing purchases, just came here to laugh at the smug people in the thread who posted condescending messages about how dumb we all are and how this unfounded rumor will never turn out to be true. ?

I haven't seen anyone posting condescending messages other than ol buddy over there but rather some folks who said wait for some sort of confirmation before jumping to conclusions and speculations. One rumor which now confirmed has led to talks about not being to sync trophies anymore and not being able to access your digital library which is confimed false. I'll quote my earlier post. 

On 2021-03-23 at 5:26 AM, BrandedBerserk said:

Fucking hell the mass hysteria in this thread is just hilarious lmao. Is it really that hard to wait and see if the rumor is confirmed with all the details before getting yall panties in a bunch? 

Thankfully I already own all the ps3 games and dlcs I plan on doing in the future so I won't be doing any shopping.

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, diskdocx said:

What happens with games and purchases that cannot be retrieved from the download list? In particular this is an issue on PS3, where the content simply isn't in the download list. With no store, that content is lost?

Just use the Web store ...... oh wait .......

• Like 1

So it is true. This is so sad, especially in the Vita case. I can barely find physical Vita games in my country, so digital games were always my solution. ?
A last big sale for PS3 and Vita would be great, but, yeah, it’s not going to happen. Sony stopped caring about these consoles a long time ago.

• Like 4

Just now, Lance_87 said:

What's the point in making a sale now that we have only choppy ways to purchase games lmao?

one final chance to grab what we can to say the least.

looking through the store now to plot my direction (need to target anything worthy of purchase) if they don't discount anything before the date.

Edited by kingdrake2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

So this leaves a number of questions. Can Vita games still in development be listed and sold as crossbuy titles still? Why are you shutting down a store for a console getting active releases still?

They do games for vita only on physical from end of 2020

Sad to see this confirmed. Cleared out most of my PS3 backlog thankfully and most games I’m interested in can be bought physically. Mostly worried about DLC, as that will be impossible to buy. Only bought my Vita last summer and still only played one game. Just bought a 32GB card now to download every game I’m interested in.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Yeah except that's exactly what they won't do...

Yup. Hate to say it, but the PS4 user interface is quite sluggish. You click to the right or left to see your list of games and sometimes it jumps 10 icons instead of just 1 icon. The store crashes often and won't load screenshots.

Is this them "enhancing our customer experience further?"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pharros said:

I hope someone makes a list of store only exclusive titles and stuff like story DLC.

Things that comes to mind for me is Asura's wrath, Drakengard 3 for the ps3 with their story DLC and Adventures of mana on the Vita(is that available on anything else?)

Adventures of Mana is only on vita and digital only so that will be lost to legitimate customers and only pirates will be able to access it after closure