WaddysWDS

Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

2,376 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Atoya said:

I am honestly not happy about this at all, will do a few ps3 games and I will call quits and throw my console in the trash can, I was about to buy ps5 digital but he’ll no after this

I feel the same mate. Was looking to purchase a PS5 once they were back in stock but I'm seriously considering not bothering now.

My biggest concern is I have such a big purchase library would I just be cutting off my nose to spite my face.

I guess a Series X and game pass would give me a pretty good library for not much outlay.

Lots to think about here.

3 minutes ago, NanaCheese94 said:

I wonder if its part of their strategy that we all go out and panic buy everything off the shop right now. Got out with a big fat black number... I'm gonna go look through the shop rn on ps3, but I think I'm gonna wait until a week or so before shut down, maybe theyll put out a big sale in a last ditch effort to make money there.

People have been panic buying for a week already

2 minutes ago, NanaCheese94 said:

This is the time to finally get Mugen Souls and all its 3 Million DLC 😎

Or Disgaea D2 and all its character dlc 😷

1 minute ago, Kesme63 said:

This is so stupid. Gonna have to quickly buy some things. I'm a little confused, will I able to download games after the date or not? I hope all-digital ps3 game will be availabe on ps now still.

Yeah, the announcement says that you’ll still be able to download games that you bought before the shut down. There’s a small handful of titles which don’t show in your download list for unknown reasons, but most should be fine (for the time being, at least)

Posted (edited)

The cynic in me is guessing that Sony must be desperate for people to subscribe to PS Now so they can rent their PS3 games from there.

Edited by Jigsy1

Just now, Kesme63 said:

This is so stupid. Gonna have to quickly buy some things. I'm a little confused, will I able to download games after the date or not? I hope all-digital ps3 game will be availabe on ps now still.

From a trophy completionist perspective, am I right in thinking that PS Now doesnt include DLC? If so there will be no way to purchase it to 100% these games.

While I said that this didn't surprise me, I should add that I am surprised it happened so soon. I wouldn't have expected this for at least another number of years.

Just now, FreeSpark22 said:

From a trophy completionist perspective, am I right in thinking that PS Now doesnt include DLC? If so there will be no way to purchase it to 100% these games.

Not sure it’s across the board, but a lot of them don’t, yeah

So I'm assuming installing DLC from GOTY physical discs will still work, right?

3 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Not gonna happen, Sony has made it extremely difficult to hold sales on the PS3 and Vita, which is why there haven't been any sales at all in 3 years for those platforms.

Well shit, and the store prices are just ridiculously high for being 2 Gens behind. But at the same time they are throwing ps4 games at us for free...

Just now, PsychoHenni said:

So I'm assuming installing DLC from GOTY physical discs will still work, right?

Assuming the content is on-disc, I can’t see why not?

Ok then. Have to buy those ps3 games I'd wanted to buy in years and download the all old purchased ones to my 4 ps3s plus backup in some external HD, just to be sure

42 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Except that you won't. Not all of it anyway.

Case in point, I just bought the DLC for LEGO Star Wars Force Awakens on PS3. Season pass activates only a character pack in your download list. All level packs must be downloaded directly from the store. You own them, but they aren't going to show up in the download list. I'm sure there's innumerable other examples, that we just don't know about. And won't ever until it's too late.

So come June, is Sony going to refund that content that you own, but now can't download because they fucked up and the content isn't in a download list?

And, no one has yet answered - where is the download list on a Vita? Oh, right - in the fucking store.

Damn, that does sound like a pickle. It seems like, no matter what, some people are going to get screwed by this. Sony claimed that they considered this carefully but it kind of seems like they haven't thought it through in a lot of ways.

Just now, X_Wizi_X said:

Ok then. Have to buy those ps3 games I'd wanted to buy in years and download the all old purchased ones to my 4 ps3s plus backup in some external HD, just to be sure

I don't think it's easy to legally backup PS3 games, you're forced to backup the entire HDD.

Poor Dev still working on Vita Games. GG Sony.....

Just now, Lance_87 said:

I don't think it's easy to legally backup PS3 games, you're forced to backup the entire HDD.

exactly. I back up the entire ps3 with the installed games on it

When the old web store was first announced to be closing, I went on a huge shopping spree of any DLC related to trophies plus anything major I wanted. I went over budget doing so, but looks like that was the right thing to do.
I had some stuff in my cart on the old store the day before that finally died for good. Nothing important, just "nice to have" stuff.

Going to try and see if the PS3 store will function long enough to maybe get a game I was on the fence about.

This shouldn't be a surprise though. Sony was not going to keep this up forever. 15 years is still a good run.
Would I have preferred that they shut down the store on consoles and keep the old web store up instead? Of course, but sadly this is the end of the road.

9 minutes ago, NanaCheese94 said:

This is the time to finally get Mugen Souls and all its 3 Million DLC 😎

Did that today only to realize that I downloaded all that shit for Mugen Souls and not Mugen Souls Z which I actually own.

Like... fcking hell. Be aware.

I recently bought a new PS3 because the disc reader in my old one was fucked. I wasn't able to backup games themselves. I could only backup most of my saves because I'm a Plus member, but even then some games have their saves locked to a specific console so I wasn't able to bring those saves over to my new PS3. Only a few games were like that so it wasn't too bad but it was a bit of a mess.

Posted (edited)

so far i found 2 digital games that will go up in price if you don't get them now (both are limited print)

The House In Fata Morgana: Dreams Of the Revenant (vita)
nurse love syndrome (vita) 

psychedelica of the ashen hawk (vita)

last one may go upwards above 100$ if want a copy.

Edited by kingdrake2

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

The fact of the matter is that these companies just don't care about preservation

They're asking us to become pirates basically. You don't give me a legal way to purchase your games? Well I'll be playing them for free them. At the end, specially in an all-digital future, the only way to truly own and preserve games will be emulation and freaking piracy?!? Well apparently buying on GOG too for the owning your games part. Delisted games would only be available through emulation, I assume.