Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

3 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Not gonna happen, Sony has made it extremely difficult to hold sales on the PS3 and Vita, which is why there haven't been any sales at all in 3 years for those platforms.

Well shit, and the store prices are just ridiculously high for being 2 Gens behind. But at the same time they are throwing ps4 games at us for free...

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Except that you won't. Not all of it anyway.

Case in point, I just bought the DLC for LEGO Star Wars Force Awakens on PS3. Season pass activates only a character pack in your download list. All level packs must be downloaded directly from the store. You own them, but they aren't going to show up in the download list. I'm sure there's innumerable other examples, that we just don't know about. And won't ever until it's too late.

So come June, is Sony going to refund that content that you own, but now can't download because they fucked up and the content isn't in a download list?

And, no one has yet answered - where is the download list on a Vita? Oh, right - in the fucking store.

Damn, that does sound like a pickle. It seems like, no matter what, some people are going to get screwed by this. Sony claimed that they considered this carefully but it kind of seems like they haven't thought it through in a lot of ways.

Just now, X_Wizi_X said:

Ok then. Have to buy those ps3 games I'd wanted to buy in years and download the all old purchased ones to my 4 ps3s plus backup in some external HD, just to be sure

I don't think it's easy to legally backup PS3 games, you're forced to backup the entire HDD.

When the old web store was first announced to be closing, I went on a huge shopping spree of any DLC related to trophies plus anything major I wanted. I went over budget doing so, but looks like that was the right thing to do.
I had some stuff in my cart on the old store the day before that finally died for good. Nothing important, just "nice to have" stuff.

Going to try and see if the PS3 store will function long enough to maybe get a game I was on the fence about.

This shouldn't be a surprise though. Sony was not going to keep this up forever. 15 years is still a good run.
Would I have preferred that they shut down the store on consoles and keep the old web store up instead? Of course, but sadly this is the end of the road.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, NanaCheese94 said:

This is the time to finally get Mugen Souls and all its 3 Million DLC ?

Did that today only to realize that I downloaded all that shit for Mugen Souls and not Mugen Souls Z which I actually own.

Like... fcking hell. Be aware.

I recently bought a new PS3 because the disc reader in my old one was fucked. I wasn't able to backup games themselves. I could only backup most of my saves because I'm a Plus member, but even then some games have their saves locked to a specific console so I wasn't able to bring those saves over to my new PS3. Only a few games were like that so it wasn't too bad but it was a bit of a mess.

so far i found 2 digital games that will go up in price if you don't get them now (both are limited print)

The House In Fata Morgana: Dreams Of the Revenant (vita)
nurse love syndrome (vita) 

psychedelica of the ashen hawk (vita)

last one may go upwards above 100$ if want a copy.

Edited by kingdrake2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

The fact of the matter is that these companies just don't care about preservation

They're asking us to become pirates basically. You don't give me a legal way to purchase your games? Well I'll be playing them for free them. At the end, specially in an all-digital future, the only way to truly own and preserve games will be emulation and freaking piracy?!? Well apparently buying on GOG too for the owning your games part. Delisted games would only be available through emulation, I assume.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ImMagnetz said:

I recently bought a new PS3 because the disc reader in my old one was fucked. I wasn't able to backup games themselves. I could only backup most of my saves because I'm a Plus member, but even then some games have their saves locked to a specific console so I wasn't able to bring those saves over to my new PS3. Only a few games were like that so it wasn't too bad but it was a bit of a mess.

on pc you can disable your old console. if it says you hit the console limit.

or you can buy a used blu ray off ebay and swap it. theres a few tutorials how to do it on youtube its fairly simple just be carefull you dont break the little side wire and when you lift the dvd player there is a ribbon under it.

Edited by melodicmizery

2 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

Did that today only to realize that I downloaded all that shit for Mugen Souls and not Mugen Souls Z which I actually own.

Like... fcking hell. Be aware.

Reminds me of the time I read the entire trophy guide for Mugen Souls when I actually tried to play Mugen Souls Z and was VERY confused about it

• Like 1

Just now, tony_snake_24 said:

the only way to truly own and preserve games will be emulation and freaking piracy?!?

Filesharers quite literally are the only people on this planet who care about preservation of any kind.

• Like 4

lol everyone gave this site so much shit in the firsts posts. Shady website. Copypaste of IGN in all their posts. It's fake. No source. Who even know thegamer? Blablabla. 

Sony has no mercy. If they are killing PS3 as soon as PS5 launched, then they will kill PS4 as soon as PS6 launches. Maybe it's time to jump ship...

Edited by GregHouse007
  • Like 4