Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

1 minute ago, EdinhoN said:

Are you sure you can keep your PS3 and Vita Plus games?

What if your subscription expires and you pay it again after some time, I guess the games might disappear forever from your download list (currently they get "repurchased" when you renew your subscription, but who knows what will happen now)

The games will stay in your account, just "hidden" from public view.

Just now, EdinhoN said:

Are you sure you can keep your PS3 and Vita Plus games?

What if your subscription expires and you pay it again after some time, I guess the games might disappear forever from your download list (currently they get "repurchased" when you renew your subscription, but who knows what will happen now)

According to their email:

"You will still be able to re-download and play game titles you have claimed through PlayStation®Plus as long as you remain a member of the service."

I don't know what happens if your subscription expires and you then become a member again at a later date. I imagine it will be the same as it is now, your Plus games are just locked until you're a member again, but there's really no confirmation.

As I said, a lot of uncertainty and unanswered questions that likely won't be answered until July 2nd, 'cause good luck getting straight answers from Sony about this.

9 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

I don't see those ps3 download servers lasting too long, perhaps 2 more years or so until the minimum outrage fades away, diminishing the chances of court appeals.

Piracy is self-defense.

Am i wrong or this is the first generation of consoles that loses purchasing, with games tied to accounts rather than consoles? Nintendo already did it twice but games were tied to consoles.

9 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

My friend sony and other big name companies only care about money never about the people, just look at how sony was when ps3 first came out, 50gb of space and 500 to 600 for it and plus it over heats too much and there is barely any space

I bought a really cheap second hand PS3 Fat last year from a seller on Amazon. It had 12GB. 12! It also YLOD'd after a few months. Still, it was good while it lasted.

14 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

The cautious optimist in me is hoping this is all a step towards full back catalogue access on the PS5.

Yeah same, I have like 0,00000001% of hope but in the end I know it will not happen. They just do not care.

But that patent...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

It’s sad that the newest Xbox is compatible with 3 previous generations of games, while Sony doesn’t give a shit about their legacy.

apples/oranges.  MS standardized console hardware a generation before Playstation did.  Sony didn't have the forward thinking for compatibility on generations 10-20 years in the future when they went with Cell.

Edited by JunkSkelington
  • Like 3

Could be a worse scenario but its still a shitty move by Sony to cut down PSP, PS3 and Vita players for good with the store. At least, to soften things up for people who want to buy some games and DLC they still want and/or need for their enjoyment and/or trophy hunting, Sony could do a big all-time sale with everything on major discount cause i still want to buy Eiyuu Senki - The World Conquest but not feeling like to spend 40€ on a digital game that never saw going on sale, too bad it has no physical copy tbw.

Sony give us a major all-time sale for PSP, PS3 and Vita to end the stores with a bang.

3 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Am i wrong or this is the first generation of consoles that loses purchasing, with games tied to accounts rather than consoles? Nintendo already did it twice but games were tied to consoles.

Apparently you can still download Wii games you purchased. Dunno about the DSi though. I don't think many people care any more anyway given how easy it is to get your games back on those consoles via hacking if you really want to. You can still buy DSiware as well, through the 3DS. The 3DS' eshop is going to outlive the Vita's store and I think I need to lay down...

But yes, aside from the PSP (which you can technically still buy games on, so doesn't really count), I think this is the first time consoles have lost their stores that have games tied to your accounts, at least as far as major systems go.

Just now, OmegaRejectz said:

I find it hilarious that people thought this wouldn't happen. 'Nah, guys Sony would never do this. They're too nice.'

Aren't even getting a major sale either wtf.

I always expect the worst from Sony.

A "Goodbye sale", with all the store with a 90% discount would be nice, however it's Sony, they don't enjoy making money.

6 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

Yeah same, I have like 0,00000001% of hope but in the end I know it will not happen. They just do not care.

But that patent...

Didn’t we get confirmation that the patent was just a renewal of the one they filed when they were adding trophies to PS2 games on PS4?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sigma999 said:

Could be a worse scenario but its still a shitty move by Sony to cut down PSP, PS3 and Vita players for good with the store. At least, to soften things up for people who want to buy some games and DLC they still want and/or need for their enjoyment and/or trophy hunting, Sony could do a big all-time sale with everything on major discount cause i still want to buy Eiyuu Senki - The World Conquest but not feeling like to spend 40€ on a digital game that never saw going on sale, too bad it has no physical copy tbw.

Sony give us a major all-time sale for PSP, PS3 and Vita to end the stores with a bang.

So many digital only games I want that are still full price and never saw sales

EDF 2017

Fist of the North Star Kens Rage 2

Dynasty Warriors Gundamn Reborn

Class of Heroes 2G

Eiyuu SenkiSamurai Warriors Chronicles 3

Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS FOrce

• Like 1

here's 4 more games that may go up in price or lost forever:

mobile suit gundam extreme vs-force
senran kagura estival versus (vita)
ar nosurge plus: Ode To an Unborn star (vita)
invizimals: The Resistance (vita)

i'm still looking through the game lists. alot to go through.

edit: i'm doubtful they'll kill off the ps5 store unless the ps5 is discontinued.

Edited by kingdrake2

Just now, CL0CKW0RK133 said:

So it has been confirmed?

I guess I owe some apologies.  I hate to see what other shoes end up dropping now.

At least you admit you owe apologies. I notice a lot of people who were talking shit to me the other day are awfully quiet now. ?

• Like 3