8 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

So many digital only games I want that are still full price and never saw sales

EDF 2017

Fist of the North Star Kens Rage 2

Dynasty Warriors Gundamn Reborn

Class of Heroes 2G

Eiyuu SenkiSamurai Warriors Chronicles 3

Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS FOrce

Are you sure EDF 2017 never got a sale? Are you talking about US or Europe? Because i remember to have bought EDF discounted, but i'm in Europe.

EDIT: it was January 2017, bought for 6 euros, just checked.

Edited by Lance_87

1 minute ago, Lance_87 said:

Are you sure EDF 2017 never got a sale? Are you talking about US or Europe? Because i remember to have bought EDF discounted, but i'm in Europe.

PSPrices says it was twice, once in 2015 and once in 2016.

Missed it I guess.

6 minutes ago, Jigsy1 said:

So the important question now is, now that PS5 is a thing, how long before Sony kills the PS4 store?

Many years, hopefully. I could live without it for redownloading stuff only if they fix the Thomas Was Alone DLC and the Media Player app.

3 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

EDF 2017 was a PS Plus game a couple of years back but the DLCs haven't been discounted for years, if ever.

Really? I thought they gave 2025, the PS3 game.

Edited by Lance_87

6 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

The real question is do I spend $50, $60 & $80 on Black Ops 2's, MW3's and Bo1's DLCs... :(

I wouldn't bother, especially with the Black Ops and Black Ops 2 DLCs. They're just zombies trophies. So unless you really like zombies, meh.

6 minutes ago, Hwoarang_21 said:

I cant believe this, now to panic buy PSN games and dlcs. 

I have one Question, im planning to 100% Resident Evil 6 eventually, but I need all dlcs for multiplayer trophies. 

You guys think that game servers in ps3 games will still be Online after July 2 or no? 

It should be fine, I need to buy RE6 DLC too. 

I'm not sure if anyone else has asked this yet, and apologies if they have and it's been answered, but does anyone know if you have to have actually downloaded a game/DLC before for it to appear in your Download List? Because I have game and DLCs that I own but haven't downloaded/played yet. Would those be lost after the store closure? Should I make sure and at least start their downloads to get them in my Download List before the store closes?

4 minutes ago, amex_svk said:

Imagine wanting to buy the digital-only PS5 after these announcements.

Very happy I Didn't. I got the disc drive just in case and then they go and do this.. Shame really the future for digital only looks grim

Edited by ZachSmoke

It's funny that many people in this thread were mocking PS stuff members for grammar mistakes, called people who wrote the truth liars and added some paranoia into the subject, saying that you won't be able to download previosly owned games and sync trophies. Too bad gamers aren't as active when it comes to boosting 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ImMagnetz said:

I'm not sure if anyone else has asked this yet, and apologies if they have and it's been answered, but does anyone know if you have to have actually downloaded a game/DLC before for it to appear in your Download List? Because I have game and DLCs that I own but haven't downloaded/played yet. Would those be lost after the store closure? Should I make sure and at least start their downloads to get them in my Download List before the store closes?

No you just have to have them claimed in the store

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jigsy1 said:

So the important question now is, now that PS5 is a thing, how long before Cocky Sony (welcome back?) kills the PS4 store?

I don't think that is a concern for the forseeable future. The PS3 is around 14 years old now. It co-existed with the PS4 for around 7 years. The PS4 has only co-existed with the PS5 for less than a year and they already have their hands full with sourcing components to manufacture the PS5 and supply it to their true player base. If they start looking to sunset the PS4 already, they will be cutting off the majority of their consumer base.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ImMagnetz said:

No, purchasing is enough.

• Like 1

Feels like it won't be long before you can't access your downloads (I swear when I purchased PS3 games it said "forever" even though the terms and conditions probably define otherwise), can't patch games or Trophy sync. I know people said PSN are the same for all the consoles but what's to stop Sony doing what they did to the Store and revamp it completely, cutting out old consoles in the process. 

This really puts me off and I feel like I can finally give up on Trophy hunting, something I kept considering recently as it's not as fun and satisfying as it used to be.

• Like 4

I think people need to remember just how not-backwards compatible the PS3 is.  It's disappointing and rightfully leads to a certain distrust of Sony's commitment to supporting their digital storefronts long term... but I think it's very possible they just really want to leave the PS3 behind at this point.  At least from a support and software perspective, the store being a big part of those.  I wouldn't be as concerned about how soon the PS4 might go... they learned a few lessons from the PS3, but that doesn't change what the PS3 is, and there's no magic answer there.

Edited by Dreakon13