WaddysWDS

Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

2,376 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Jigsy1 said:

Can you still by PS3 games via the web store?

Nope they killed that completely the other day. All old Store workaround links now redirect to the new Store. Additionally, they had disabled the login button just before they did that. Buying games from the PS3 Store with the ridiculous search feature is going to be so much fun....

Hopefully this is not the end of the ''Vita trick'' that lets you add other region plats to your main account?!

This is very disappointing. I'm especially miffed at how this is supposed to "help" the PS4/PS5 players considering they have been very active in stripping out resources from the PS4 as it is and the PS5 is a jumbled mess of missing features/rearranged things to make it harder on its users to find what they want. 

Also I can't get the store to work half the time on my PS4 anyway (crashes, disconnects, freezes when I buy stuff). 

Unless they got something up their sleeve I just don't see the harm in leaving these recourses open for a few more years, at least until the PS5 has completely settled in and been around awhile. 

2 minutes ago, dzstrpc said:

Hopefully this is not the end of the ''Vita trick'' that lets you add other region plats to your main account?!

It's completely unrelated.

10 minutes ago, The_Retro_Maniac said:

Anybody else in a bad mood since the email.announcement im so pissed lol.

It's honestly ruined my mood completely for today. So fucking disappointed in Sony.

3 minutes ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

Ok...in a short amount of time Sony has discontinued these services:

• Private community creation
  • User Scheduled Events
  • PlayStation messages app for mobile devices
  • PlayStation Communities feature for PS4 console
  • PS3, PSP, PS Vita purchases on web and mobile store
  • PS3, PSP, PS Vita store closure

Pain points we are currently experiencing:

• Lack of PS5 consoles in the market
  • Price hike for some new released games
  • Lack of backward compatibility
  • Uncertain future of digital purchased content and game preservation
  • Poorly designed PS5 UI

What the fuck is next?! I get that with the release of a new console generation can bring about changes with the hopes of a better gaming experience for users all around, but man talk about a morale hit. The hits just keep on coming. Sony, give me good news again soon please!

I think I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but I have no idea what Sony is thinking announcing so many discontinuations of things one after the other. Who the fuck do they think they're appeasing here? No one wants to hear about features being taken away, even those that don't care about those features, aren't going to care because well... They never cared to begin with.

I've been feeling kinda "meh" about the PS5 for the longest time and this whole thing has just cemented in me firmly that I won't be touching a PS5 until quite a few years from now, not until the first revision at least and it has enough exclusives to justify the purchase. The whole launch of the PS5 has just been an utter mess.

19 minutes ago, Hwoarang_21 said:

I cant believe this, now to panic buy PSN games and dlcs. 

I have one Question, im planning to 100% Resident Evil 6 eventually, but I need all dlcs for multiplayer trophies. 

You guys think that game servers in ps3 games will still be Online after July 2 or no? 

I'm pretty sure most games currently online will still be online after July 2nd. If you have Resident Evil 6 on your trophy list then go ahead and buy the DLC. That's what I did for the games I already have trophy pages for and have plans to complete the multiplayer required trophies as soon as possible. 

That said, assuming you care about your completion rates, I'd avoid adding more trophy pages with multiplayer trophies for now if you can help it because who knows what's going to happen after the store goes down. 

Posted (edited)

Dreading visiting all the ransacked local mom n pop game shops...

Edited by YaManSmevz

Thats really sucks...didnt see any good news after PS5 is out. Now they are killing every old good things.

Scrolling through a download list with 10years of purchases to find 1 specific game / DLC is no better than not being able to access my content at all TBH. Glad I'm somewhat done with my PS3 / Vita and anything I'll actually revisit is already downloaded.

Well, this sucks. Time to stock up on physical PS3 games and PS Now looks interesting now...

but they better make their PS Now server stronger because a lot more people will buy it now that this is going to happen.

Isn’t it true that the more people play a certain PS Now PS3 game, the worse the quality?

1 hour ago, kingdrake2 said:

here's more listings of games that will go up in price or permanent removed if a trophy hunter:

lacrimosa of dana (vita)
caligula effect (vita)
stranger of sword city revisited (vita) permanently gone
atelier dusk saga (vita)
Steins gate 0 (vita)
eiyuu senki: The World Conquest (ps3)
valkyrie drive bhikkhuni (vita) massively increases in price

Caligula effect and eiyu senki will be gone for good, as they didn't get physical releases outside of japan

I hope that s**t will mean we could synchronize trophies for example and only affects buys. 

I never expect anything from "Sony geniuses" but they always manage to surprise me.

5 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Isn’t it true that the more people play a certain PS Now PS3 game, the worse the quality?

Each PS3 game is given the equivalent of a custom hardware PS3 when a player is playing so there shouldn't be any impact if a lot of people play the same PS3 game. They're all running on their own hardware. I can't think of any reason for geological bottlenecks for PS3 titles either where they all have to be accessed from one datacenter that might cause any kind of quality impact. I think there's a 7 day Now trial for free for a $1 for the first month floating around out there to check it out and see how the quality is for you.

Posted (edited)

Sucks its official,but honestly what a weak way to announce it, why kill vita messaging??

Time to go on a big spending spree, be nice for 1 more sale

Edited by Conker

Reasonable move by Sony. Good you can still redownload the old stuff. No reason to really be upset, if there are any games you want, there has only been like 7 to 12 years to buy them. 

Worst news I could read today lol. Digital is the future...

At least trophy syncing will still be active (for now). Wonder how long it'll take before they kill that off as well.

Just now, kanzenchaos said:

Worst news I could read today lol. Digital is the future...

At least trophy syncing will still be active (for now). Wonder how long it'll take before they kill that off as well.

Whats to bet it's the next thing to happen...

Okay, it's time to see which Vita Games from Ratalaika I don't have yet.

1 minute ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Whats to bet it's the next thing to happen...

Additional accounts abroad with fake addresses are prohibited.

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Each PS3 game is given the equivalent of a custom hardware PS3 when a player is playing so there shouldn't be any impact if a lot of people play the same PS3 game. They're all running on their own hardware. I can't think of any reason for geological bottlenecks for PS3 titles either where they all have to be accessed from one datacenter that might cause any kind of quality impact. I think there's a 7 day Now trial for free for a $1 for the first month floating around out there to check it out and see how the quality is for you.

Yeah, PS Now does sound interesting now. When I got it for a month, a few years ago, my internet was horrible (20 download speed), now it’s steady around 100. I hope that’s more than enough to have good quality.

I fail to see the point in this. We can still download our games, so they aren't gone from the servers, so why won't they let us purchase new games? It's not like they even bother maintaining the stores, meaning they aren't reducing their workload either. Just why?

Just now, Isaac1364 said:

I fail to see the point in this. We can still download our games, so they aren't gone from the servers, so why won't they let us purchase new games? It's not like they even bother maintaining the stores, meaning they aren't reducing their workload either. Just why?

My guess would be licensing costs for all of the games on the store

3 minutes ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

Reasonable move by Sony. Good you can still redownload the old stuff. No reason to really be upset, if there are any games you want, there has only been like 7 to 12 years to buy them. 

Well, 7 years ago I was only 12-13. Got my PS3 last year to play games I missed out on, I have only just started. Luckily I buy physical PS3 games only but I’m afraid the prices will go up by a lot. That’s why PS Now sounds interesting now.

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, Isaac1364 said:

Nope

The L is clearly a typo.

Not really, people want to pay them for older games and they say...... “nah”. 

it’s just shortsighted buffoonery. This sends a message to all, “We don’t care about our ecosystem. Do not invest in our ecosystem. We will fuck you in the ass if you invest in PlayStation.” No thank you. It’s like when they made PS Now only work on two fucking things, a PS4 or PC (which they don’t update much). Streaming only works when it’s easily accessible dumb dumbs. That’s why when people talk about game streaming nobody mentions Ps Now. Nobody factors it into the conversation despite being the first push of it. Just farting along. 

Edited by Elvick_