Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

4 minutes ago, Hwoarang_21 said:

Yes, im obsessed with my 100% rate, thats why I need to know before I even start RE6. 

I have 100% rate, check it out. 

Unless you actually enjoy the Resi Evil PVP style stuff I'd just not get the DLC and play the game on an alt account. The DLC sucks pretty bad and is really boring to 100%. Just my take of course ;)

• Like 1

So...just going to throw this out there, because I’m not sure if anyone has yet, but does anyone think if we (on this site and elsewhere) send enough complaints to Sony support/blow this up on SM we could get them to put off the closing of the stores for awhile longer? 

We’re in the middle of a freaking pandemic FFS, and such short warning would be unacceptable even in normal times. Didn’t Nintendo give a year’s notice for the Wii (which had significantly less digital content)? 

@AwkwardFantasy just another reason this is happening far too quickly. I can’t imagine devs that are still developing games for the Vita are happy about this at all. Especially if the games were going to be predominantly (or only) digital releases. 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

So...just going to throw this out there, because I’m not sure if anyone has yet, but does anyone think if we (on this site and elsewhere) send enough complaints to Sony support/blow this up on SM we could get them to put off the closing of the stores for awhile longer? 

Never say never, although my gut feel is that they’re well aware of how pissed off people are / were going to be when they hit send on today’s e-mail. After all, it’s already been kicking off for a week

6 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

lol, people have complained about delisting for many many years idk where you’ve been. 

Sorry I miss the other 2k comments threads about it ?. Yeah, I complained about it a lot too, since I had to bought retail versions of UMvC3 and MvC3, my point was that this has been happening since a lot of time ago so why people is so surprised about this now, we knew this will happen eventually. If I want to complain about anything is the real short notice.

7 minutes ago, AwkwardFantasy said:

Most of the outrage comes from a point of game preservation and accessibility. Tons of retro and rare games which cost £100+ to buy physically are now gonna be legally inaccessible.
All of the PS1classics, PS2classics, PSP digital only games, vita digital only games and all of the DLCs across all of those consoles...gone.

Also several indie devs such as Lillymo games have tweeted saying sony gave them no heads up whatsoever and sold them vita dev kits only a couple months ago.

Well buy them then if you care so much. Can't expect Sony to keep the store online to please a few people about games they might buy in a few years. That's just selfish. 

5 minutes ago, xVeintiocho2o2 said:

So how do I add Danganronpa 1 & 2 (Vita) to the cart on PS3. Do I have to buy a Vita just to buy these

I think they’re physical-only on Vita? Just did a search on the store on my UK Vita and I can’t see any of the Danganronpa games

20 minutes ago, KingmathyGoodman said:

There are a lot things yet to be clarified, you are making a guess on several things they haven´t confirmed.

Well they have though, all that's happening is a store closure. They say in email you can still download your games, which means you can still sign in. If anything else was affected they would've said. 

14 minutes ago, Hwoarang_21 said:

Yes, im obsessed with my 100% rate, thats why I need to know before I even start RE6. 

Don't taint you're profile with that abomination, lol. I'm a 100% completionist as well and wouldn't advise you to play something so bad and boring with multiplayer/co-op trophies at this time, in case it ruins you're profile. If you do though good luck.

13 minutes ago, Hwoarang_21 said:

Nice profile there. I wanted to work on 100% too when I got more serious about trophy hunting earlier this month, but found out a couple of games on my list have unobtainables now, so I will have to live with 90%+ when I get my numbers up finally.

If I was in your position with a perfect account, I probably wouldn't even risk adding PS3 games to my profile at this point. Maybe if there's something you really gotta play and it has no multiplayer, sure. Things are looking rather volatile with the PS3 and Vita right now and any other services for those consoles could come up to the chopping block any time so if it was me I would be very careful about what I add to my profile moving forward.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zaros-QC said:

Anyone here knows if the ps3  is still available to purchase? because i tried to buy a game, content and the option to add to my cart has desappear so basically i don't see the option to buy also the legacy store has gone ?

There’s a bug for some people where the button has disappeared. Apparently the action still works if you move to where it used to be

They should have given us, like, a year. Four months isn't a lot of time to buy everything you want.

Thankfully I don't have a whole lot I wanna miss out on - primarily just a few Sonic games/DLC packs and some Ratchet & Clank titles that fetch high prices on eBay and such - but if you do, I'm sincerely sorry you have to do that much panic-buying.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TonicLemonIce said:

I mean it's obvious that it had to come down to this someday, right? This isn't some kind of gaming doomsday scenario until owned digital games are unable to be downloaded which I consider to be highly unlikely. Could've given more time for the heads up tho 

If Sony decide to close servers and your ps3 cmos battery will die, you`re locked out of everything digital you own.

Edited by Beliar4
Typo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

It's definitely not a "fuss over nothing". 

It is, people acting like its the end of the world. Moaning over something they haven't purchased in 15yrs and probably never would have. They probably don't need to give much notice because the activity on the store is that little. A few old games will be no longer available, 1000s and 1000s of other games to play, do you really need them in case you may decide to play it years from now. And like i said if you don't already have them were you ever gonna get them? If Sony shut the store down 30yrs from now people would still moan about the games they never got. 

• Like 1