Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

24 minutes ago, audiopile said:

• If you have purchased a PS3/PS Vita cross-buy bundle and have only downloaded either the PS3 or PS Vita version, you will need to download the other version prior to the closure of PlayStation™Store on the relevant device.

I still don't fully understand this. I hope this mean you have to click on games that have a "Free" tag which usually aren't on your download list so that they can be added.

Or does this apply to all PS3/Vita cross-buy games already on your download list? 

Hopefully it's the former.

Edited by Deceptrox

50 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

I still don't fully understand this. I hope this mean you have to click on games that have a "Free" tag which usually aren't on your download list so that they can be added.

I think it means that. Just like when you buy a season pass for certain games but the included content is not automatically added to the account, i.e. DOOM Eternal, SoulCalibur VI, Ridge Racer for Vita, random examples.

There were cross-buy titles that never received all versions at the same time, i.e. Oddworld New 'n' Tasty and Resogun.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

I think that is exactly what it means. This thread is moving too quickly for it to be coherent, so please see what I wrote earlier here for clarification. but I think we are on the same page:

It's too complicated an issue to try and explain in a single sentence, so great work yet again Sony. It's taken me several hours to work out what the hell it means. ☺️

3 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Nice profile there. I wanted to work on 100% too when I got more serious about trophy hunting earlier this month, but found out a couple of games on my list have unobtainables now, so I will have to live with 90%+ when I get my numbers up finally.

If I was in your position with a perfect account, I probably wouldn't even risk adding PS3 games to my profile at this point. Maybe if there's something you really gotta play and it has no multiplayer, sure. Things are looking rather volatile with the PS3 and Vita right now and any other services for those consoles could come up to the chopping block any time so if it was me I would be very careful about what I add to my profile moving forward.

Yeah, I will have very careful.

Good thing is psn only games doesnt have multiplayer. 

Im panic buying a lot of them. 

• Like 1

Just now, BlindMango said:

Wow.

The PS3 store was a steaming pile of garbage that largely didn't work. I got constant errors when trying to buy GTA IV and Mirror's Edge digitally recently and could only purchase them on the browser based store which of course was pulled offline a few days ago. This is definitely frustrating for backwards compatibility and games preservation. I really, really, really hope Sony has some sort of plan to bring PS3 emulation to the PS5 at some point, I doubt it, but I hope they have a plan

Yeah, that disgraced homunculi of a store was utter shit that's why I would only use it if I had to even if the physical was quite a bit more expensive(though for the most part it isn't) and emulation would only ever happen under a blue moon since Sony avoids the PS3 like the plague its sad.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jimbob12345678 said:

Unless you actually enjoy the Resi Evil PVP style stuff I'd just not get the DLC and play the game on an alt account. The DLC sucks pretty bad and is really boring to 100%. Just my take of course ;)

With tons of unplatinable ps3 games that I want and tons more after the psstore shut down I think im gonna make an alt account. 

I dont wanna risk my 100% profile.

I dont know if thats considere "cheating" 

46 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

I've been incrementally purchasing DLC for my PS3 and Vita games this whole past year since the first lockdown in the UK. (Fuck you Mass Effect 3 DLC price and COD DLC prices) So I am nearly done acquiring all the DLC I want and digital games.

I bought the Mass Effect Trilogy in probably the last ever PS3 sale, not sure if you have this version or not but I assumed that it had all the DLC included. Just checked after seeing your post and it seems it doesn't have Mass Effect 2 or 3 DLC. Just begrudgingly paid EA £22 for the Dragon Age 2 DLC I hadn't bought (in the hope that it would come down in price one day). Looks like I'm going to have to sacrifice Mass Effect as I'm going to have to spend a small fortune to get everything I want for Vita. 

If they had given us a year, or had a massive sale, then it probably wouldn't have been so bad. Having to try and justify spending hundreds of pounds on games/DLC in three or four months is really unacceptable. There are some things that just aren't going to get bought, unfortunately.

• Like 1

I'm definitely against this decision they've made. But okay they've decided to close them, I can't do anything about that. 

However what really irks me is the way this is being handled. For starters 3 months notice for PS3, and 5 months for the Vita is ridiculous. It should of been 'at least' a year, just like how PS+ games being stopped for PS3 and PS Vita was given a years notice. How they come up with 3 and 5 months is beyond me, especially when the world has just been through some really tough times. That's not going to be enough time for everyone to get everything they want. Not asking for a sale because I know there won't be one (although it would be a nice incentive). But they should of given us a decent amount of time to buy whatever we want, and a year would of been what was acceptable in my mind.

The other thing is regarding the Vita, as there's no clarity in their email. They say we'll be able to re-download games via the Download Lists, but the Download List is inside the store on PS Vita so how is this going to work?

The Vita closure surprises me the most here though, since the digital store for that has had a shorter lifespan than the PS3 and the PSP. Plus there are (or were) releases planned for the Vita in 2021, so I'm assuming whatever was to be released will be cancelled now. The Vita is essentially a digital indie machine which has plenty of unique games which  aren't available on PS3, PS4 or PS Now. I guess I will have to try and get custom homebrew which I've always been wary of because of been banned. Since the system is literally dead though I guess that's very unlikely.

Edited by shaunsheep677
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Jesus F-ing Christ... y'all blew up this thread like crazy. "Only" 20 pages were added while I was at work. Cut me some slack, ok? I'm a slow reader. xD 

On a serious note, this is just sad. I didn't want to comment on this much until it was confirmed. Well now it is. I've mentioned this before but as far as games go personally I think I'm set since I got all the games I wanted on PS3/Vita/PSP. However I am concerned about missing out on DLCs (I got to do some homework now). I did buy another Vita memory card. I'm just going to fill it up with my digital games. Yeah it's F-ed up but all I can do at this point is prepare... and take it up the keister. Anyway, I don't think I'll be buying PS5 till I'm (nearly) done with PS3, I just can't trust Sony anymore.

PS: I wouldn't put it past Sony that the PSN troubles we had a couple of weeks back wasn't them tinkering in the background with the network so they could make this possible (closing the store).

lol Yeah. I went to bed and it showed "1k", and then when I woke up it showed "1.6k"

I knew something had kicked off when I saw the post increase.

I bought all the dlc of most my games except for the 4 call of duty games (Black Ops 1 World at War ,ghost,Advance warfare) Battlefield bad Company 2 and Naughty Bear (delisted) not sure if its worth getting any since the price are still high priced

Edited by maurjen

Remember when I said Sony maid a billion earlier last week??????? I was wrong it’s probably a trillion now..... Jesus my vita and PS3 games are going to skyrocket it in prices... Ppl looking for COD DLCs not sure if they’re not expired but the Hardened and CEs have the season passes.... sucks, but I had a feeling when I saw the rumor they would pull this shit, but I have pretty much the entire PS3 library just gotta do vita before August

Given the amount of anger about this, it is a matter of time before people online start calling Jim Ryan at his house about this. If he is going to make decisions about this like this, the anger should be expected. (However please please don't give the man death threats, you can't play games from prison and it's not worth it)

I'm not really angry about this, I'm just more angry I've bought so much and now I'm not even sure I'll be able to do them all. I'll be able to download them, but who knows for how long given my slowness and other obligations.

Edited by POEman553
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, shaunsheep677 said:

I'm definitely against this decision they've made. But okay they've decided to close them, I can't do anything about that. 

However what really irks me is the way this is being handled. For starters 3 months notice for PS3, and 5 months for the Vita is ridiculous. It should of been 'at least' a year, just like how PS+ games being stopped for PS3 and PS Vita was given a years notice. How they come up with 3 and 5 months is beyond me, especially when the world has just been through some really tough times. That's not going to be enough time for everyone to get everything they want. Not asking for a sale because I know there won't be one (although it would be a nice incentive). But they should of given us a decent amount of time to buy whatever we want, and a year would of been what was acceptable in my mind.

The other thing is regarding the Vita, as there's no clarity in their email. They say we'll be able to re-download games via the Download Lists, but the Download List is inside the store on PS Vita so how is this going to work?

The Vita closure surprises me the most here though, since the digital store for that has had a shorter lifespan than the PS3 and the PSP. Plus there are (or were) releases planned for the Vita in 2021, so I'm assuming whatever was to be released will be cancelled now. The Vita is essentially a digital indie machine which has plenty of unique games which  aren't available on PS3, PS4 or PS Now. I guess I will have to try and get custom homebrew which I've always been wary of because of been banned. Since the system is literally dead though I guess that's very unlikely.

I've beaten this horse to death at this point, but the stores closing in just 3-5 months is the thing that really confuses me, and pisses me off the most. I doubt the stores are a drain on their profits, if anything, they are almost definitely still seeing small profits from them, so I don't get the rush. Also still don't understand why they didn't announce this when they announced the new webstore redesign.

I feel sorry for devs still developing for Vita that had to learn the news like we did. Someone even got a Vita devkit recently. No idea why they weren't informed, probably just incompetence on Sony's part but it's honestly inexcusable for such a large company to do this.

It's incredibly disheartening how little Sony seems to care not only about their customers still using their legacy consoles, but also for those developing games for their platforms. Not to mention that they're unlikely to ever have any kind of PS3 or Vita emulator, or bring back PS1/PS2 or PSP games, so that's a lot of history and a lot of games that are essentially going to be lost soon, on such short notice. Sure, PS3s are Vitas are still going to exist, but anyone getting those consoles after the stores close are going to be locked out of a lot of content legally.

12 minutes ago, HMS_Victor said:

What's with this guy? Everyone else is talking about the store being shut down and he uses this place to cry about Biden? This is the second comment I've seen him do that. No one cares. Take the hint

The SECOND comment! Where is the political guide team when you need them?

• Like 1