Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

2 minutes ago, Sir_TyroneOBE said:

july-ps3 august-vita

Okay thanks dude. Looks like I'll have to buy some DLC soon at its normal price. I've been waiting years for a sale even though I knew deep down none of them were ever going to go on sale again most likely. Oh well. 

4 hours ago, TonicLemonIce said:

I mean it's obvious that it had to come down to this someday, right?

Nope, it’s not obvious at all. While there’s storefront that built its business model by selling fair priced “good old games” for nostalgia PC gamers and newcomers, seeing established company that’s presumably “For the players” effectively limiting access to a huge library of games for its previous platforms is counter-intuitive. If GOG or Steam can sell old games, why can’t Sony?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlindMango said:

I really, really, really hope Sony has some sort of plan to bring PS3 emulation to the PS5 at some point, I doubt it, but I hope they have a plan for this

I don’t have a huge problem with streaming/subscription based preservation. The problem is that PS Now is not a substitute for a real PS3 (it’s not being advertised as one I know ?). The PS Now library seems to be about 50/50 with disc available/digital only, and maybe just maybe <1% of the digital-only PS3 library is there to be found. The aims are laudable but the methods are ineffective in current form.

Gonna be some cash droppin’ over this month and next ?‍♂️ Ngl...

Take my advice, go to Games, sort by PS3 or VITA, and start screenshotting pages (~50 for PS3) and make your choices. 37+ games I know of are already delisted but come this doomsday they’re All gonna be delisted.

45 minutes ago, HMS_Victor said:

What's with this guy? Everyone else is talking about the store being shut down and he uses this place to cry about Biden? This is the second comment I've seen him do that. No one cares. Take the hint

So you basically pull out one thing and then decide to complain about me? 

Blocked. If you’re going to take my comments and pull out stuff like Biden (because let’s be honest, we’re still in a pandemic) despite having mentioned his name maybe twice on these forums these past few months, I don’t need to hear your nonsense.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hwoarang_21 said:

Anyone know if after the shut down we will be able to unlock ps3 trophies and conect to the PSN "the profile part"???? 

You still can, but you may never know with how unpredictable Sony these days.  Just focus on finishing your PS3 backlog ASAP.

Edited by milanbarca82
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, EqualityEarth said:

I don’t have a huge problem with streaming/subscription based preservation. The problem is that PS Now is not a substitute for a real PS3 (it’s not being advertised as one I know 1f605.png). The PS Now library seems to be about 50/50 with disc available/digital only, and maybe just maybe <1% of the digital-only PS3 library is there to be found. The aims are laudable but the methods are ineffective in current form.

Gonna be some cash droppin’ over this month and next ?‍♂️ Ngl...

Take my advice, go to Games, sort by PS3 or VITA, and start screenshotting pages (~50 for PS3) and make your choices. 37+ games I know of are already delisted but come this doomsday they’re All gonna be delisted.

My biggest issue with PS Now is that thing isn't avaliable for my region (Russia) lmao

2 minutes ago, milanbarca82 said:

You still can, but you may never know with how unpredictable Sony these days.  Just focus on finishing your PS3 backlog ASAP.

That’s my biggest fear. 

With around 10 - 15 PS3 games and 2 Vita games left, it’s going to take some time for me to get through them. 

2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I burned my bridges with Xbox so my only choice is to go back to Steam on the PC. Many good indie and AA production level games on there that don’t require a good custom built PC to play on. Maybe I’ll finally give a damn about Steam Achievements.

This promotes piracy, any good company would try to kill it but I won’t be surprised if this will just encourage some people to hack their PS3/Vita systems, like you said.

I'm a big pc gamer and always will be but take a look at gamepass pc. It's amazing value.  The barrier to entry into xbox is pretty easy now. 

Just now, Dan-lives-here said:

I'm a big pc gamer and always will be but take a look at gamepass pc. It's amazing value.  The barrier to entry into xbox is pretty easy now. 

Xbox lacks those good exclusives, and their stuff is virtually played on the PC. 

Occasionally there are some who play PS Now on their PC but I feel they’re the minority. Most still game on their PS4 and PS5. 

1 minute ago, milanbarca82 said:

You still can, but you may never know with Sony these days.  Just focus on finishing your PS3 backlog ASAP.

Honestly, I'm going to do that as well.

I'm not worried about the downloads  per se, though some people believe that they can steal your car if you  agree to their ToS (the fact that you're required to accept the ToS in order to play the same game you bought is already an headache in the court of law), I'm however, extremely worried about the online servers of the  ps3 games that are  left.

• Like 2

Just now, scemopagliaccioh said:

I'm not worried about the downloads  per se, though some people believe that they can steal your car if you  agree to their ToS (the fact that you're required to accept the ToS in order to play the same game you bought is already an headache in the court of law), I'm however, extremely worried about the online servers of the  ps3 games that are  left.

Well I hope this doesn’t make big companies like Ubisoft, EA, Activision and others start bailing out in succession. 

I’m part of a trophy boosting group on Discord, very active with people boosting the big AAA titles on the PS3 and PS4. I have Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood and Black Flag left for online boosting and then that’ll be it for PS3. 

For the Vita you still need to access your purchased content thru the PS Store, so how are we going to do that once the stores close.

9 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Ikr?

I have PS5 but use it entirely for PS4 games as it still doesn't have proper next gen games aside from DS remake.  I'll let my little siblings play around with it while I occupy myself with my PS3 and PSVita backlog for the upcoming months.  And yeah, I have the same fears regarding the online part of PS3/Vita games.

Edited by milanbarca82
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hwoarang_21 said:

Anyone know if after the shut down we will be able to unlock ps3 trophies and conect to the PSN "the profile part"???? 

That's the biggie. Along with online play on PS3 and Vita games. If you lose the ability to sync trophies. That would indeed be devastating for a lot of people.

Imagine being half way through a game and on something like 33% but then you can no longer delete it or be able to play it anymore and sync the game..

Today is my first day putting up with another bullshit lockdown in my city of residence. I wake up like any other quiet day at home, make myself breakfast then go straight to boot up my laptop. I’m then greeted by an official message confirming the Legacy PlayStation Store closure. Is this some kind of early April Fools joke... No? Well shit.

Can’t say I never expected this be announced so soon but a massive fucking loss to us regardless. Hope Sony is very happy with how ol’ Jimbo is running things since the company’s 2016 migration to California. Why must everything I love go to shit around the same time Donald Trump was elected US President?

By the way, is there a reason July and August were chosen as the dates/months to close the PS3 and Vita stores respectively? If Sony could give PS Plus heck, even DRIVECLUB a entire years notice before discontinuing a service/product then why not the same for blocking access to thousands of digital goods? Is March 31st 2022 just not good enough for you? How about December 31st 2021, is that still not good enough? Hello... anyone from Sony listening? Uhhh...

From here, I picture PS3 and Vita content becoming my number one priority for purchases over the next couple of months. Trophy syncing better not be taken away soon either otherwise I’m done with these consoles entirely. Removing support of old consoles is one thing, but in the age of the internet that’s just not very feasible. Already it’s not very difficult to compare PlayStation to Apple or some other big corporation that makes decisions based purely on making a big fat profit and creating consumer inconvenience which can also lead to more money.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

That's the biggie. Along with online play on PS3 and Vita games. If you lose the ability to sync trophies. That would indeed be devastating for a lot of people.

Imagine being half way through a game and on something like 33% but then you can no longer delete it or be able to play it anymore and sync the game..

If that happens I will just quit trophy hunting entirely.

Most of my games are relatively short but a few like Metal Gear Solid 4 and Sonic Unleashed will take a while. I really don’t want to miss out on those games. Especially Metal Gear, I think everyone should play those Hideo Kojima games as they are nothing short of excellence and top quality. 

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Well I hope this doesn’t make big companies like Ubisoft, EA, Activision and others start bailing out in succession. 

I’m part of a trophy boosting group on Discord, very active with people boosting the big AAA titles on the PS3 and PS4. I have Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood and Black Flag left for online boosting and then that’ll be it for PS3. 

For the Vita you still need to access your purchased content thru the PS Store, so how are we going to do that once the stores close.

It's strange, but Rockstar, Ubisoft, Capcom and Activision  are the ones that still carried out online functionalities in their important products like Cod, Street Fighter, AC, GTA, RDR etc after all these years, frankly, I was surprised  Injustice for the ps3 still had their servers  on in 2021, Warner Bros will definitely  take advantage of this and close shop.

6 minutes ago, milanbarca82 said:

Ikr?

I have PS5 but use it entirely for PS4 games as it still doesn't have proper next gen games aside from DS remake.  I'll let my little siblings play around with it while I occupy myself with my PS3 and PSVita backlog for the upcoming months.  And yeah, I have the same fears regarding the online part of PS3/Vita games.

Indeed.

I was planning to have some relaxing Final Fantasy, catch up with the other game's trophy lists and replay others, but nope, they're single player, now I'll have to juggle between Ultra Street Fighter 4, Injustice, Guilty Gear Rev, Killzone Shadowfall  which is ps4, but seeing when the other  Killzones closed in their lifecycle, it's another game that it's risking any day, and who can forget the neverending grind of Grand Theft Auto 5, ugh.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hwoarang_21 said:

With the fact that your download list will still be available, I think it'll be safe to assume you'll be able to unlock trophies on PS3 and likely PSVita. But given what's going on with Sony right now, I wouldn't put it past them to have another way to screw over their fans (and trophy hunters from PS3 days onwards).

Just now, POEman553 said:

With the fact that your download list will still be available, I think it'll be safe to assume you'll be able to unlock trophies on PS3 and likely PSVita. But given what's going on with Sony right now, I wouldn't put it past them to have another way to screw over their fans (and trophy hunters from PS3 days onwards).

They will target online functionality next. 

Looks like I better organize a group for Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood and Black Flag before it’s too late.