Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

I snapped up Silent Hill and the first 3 Resident Evil games years ago, but I am sad I never got around to getting Tekken 2 and Ridge Racer Revolution.

I already got most of the PSP games I wanted, like both Capcom Arcade collections, Power Stone and Street Fighter Alpha 3.

Might need to get Parasite Eve 2, it really sucks having to think of games I would like to play Vita, but in reality. I probably won't be able to play any of them.

• Like 1

Well this is so sad, and a lesson to all of us to avoid digital content in any platform, Nintendo it's doing the same actually, Jim Ryan it's the worst for the Playstation brand i hope he gets fired , he doesn't understand videogames, now i need to buy Playstation all stars characters , Tokyo jungle and i'm gonna Buy the physical version of " Psn the Best collections" alongside with sound shapes and fat princess, i need to buy infamous festival of blood, killzone 1 HD and many more i have time many time but OMG this is awful , someday they need to make compatibility possible.

If i have Playstation all stars battle Royale for PS3 with The content i'm going to buy, i can play it on PS Vita? I don't have Vita But i'm going to buy one

• Like 3

Just now, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

Well this is so sad, and a lesson to all of us to avoid digital content in any platform, Nintendo it's doing the same actually, Jim Ryan it's the worst for the Playstation brand i hope he gets fired , he doesn't understand videogames, now i need to buy Playstation all stars characters , Tokyo jungle and i'm gonna Buy the physical version of " Psn the Best collections" alongside with sound shapes and fat princess, i need to buy infamous festival of blood, killzone 1 HD and many more i have time many time but OMG this is awful , someday they need to make compatibility possible.

I made a point about Nintendo earlier. 

These guys don’t play games, they do business decisions. 

Jim Ryan it's a scum for the Playstation brand, we need to make a hashtag ir something, he needs to get fired and we can have a japanese director

To be fair he’s no different than any other scum out there. They make companies go downhill. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

If i have Playstation all stars battle Royale for PS3 with The content i'm going to buy, i can play it on PS Vita? I don't have Vita But i'm going to buy one

Killzone 1 has a physical... as for All stars you do know the online was shut down and can’t be platinum 

1 minute ago, AJ_Radio said:

To be fair he’s no different than any other scum out there. They make companies go downhill. 

Because the intelligence is low. There are many such managers in big company. EA, Activision, Ubisoft etc

This entire mess has hard-disllusioned me from wanting to prioritize playing on a PlayStation. I have a decent, gaming-capable laptop (and boyfriend has a desktop), I have Switch, and Microsoft's backwards compatibility and Game Pass are now something I'd be willing to engage. I have five digits' worth of content on my Download List. I have many games I still want to get to, but now? I'll play where I can, and I'll play where my friends are if I dabble in multiplayer.

What hurts is everything delisted already, and everything that will be delisted, and everything that'll have no chance of going forward to new systems. I'm frustrated for all the people who will only have physical copies or PS Now to fall back on in the future, with the restrictions both have of no access to add-on content (Asura's Wrath without "Part IV: Nirvana"?), outside of piracy and emulation, which is the only way to honor decades of these developers' works, because Jim Ryan seems to only care for trends in aim of profits.

There are many exclusives for PlayStation platforms that were only released digitally. With no obligations on the companies in charge of their distribution to honor their existence, it really is up to the pirates to maintain the legacy of gaming.

2 minutes ago, Miles-MHunter said:

Selling exclusives to PC

This is entirely fine. Makes it that much easier to maintain access for people who don't have the original hardware or a machine capable of running it emulated.

Edited by TJF588
  • Like 1

World it's becoming corpo, what a fear i have, i'm not joking 

We’ve been going in that direction for the last 20 years. 

SIE is run by a group of corporate suits that don’t care for games. 

1 minute ago, U4oloG said:

Because the intelligence is low. There are many such managers in big company. EA, Activision, Ubisoft etc

True, and because they’re so big is next to impossible to monitor anything. 

Reminds me when Blizzard merged with Activision, and what has happened to them these past couple years.

2 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

Shawn Layden was amazing and Adam Boyes

Sony was still based in Japan. They changed to SIE in early 2016, which was when the shift really became apparent.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

The content works for Vita. However DON'T get the game for Vita. The online servers for multiplayer closed long ago so you won't be able to get the platinum for either version now.

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

As much as I want to agree with you, Sony is doing more than taking away PS3/Vita games. 

They removed features on the PS4, and this summer they will also remove the movie library from the store. They’re doing this because they don’t want to look after it. 

And I wouldn’t give Nintendo respect either. They have tried killing off their old library of NES/Super NES games, far predating PS2/PS3. They locked and shut down numerous websites where people were having ROMs and Emulators. Their online functionality is still crap, and they mostly thrive on their exclusives. 

Since you’re concerned with the Vita, Vita physical games are going to shoot up in price. They are already very expensive, I had to pay premium prices for a couple of them. Memory cards are also ridiculously expensive. It was so much cheaper to buy a number of these games off the PS Store. 

Sony is killing a part of their legacy and burying anything that’s older than 2013 - 2014 under the rug because it’s no longer profitable. 

inFamous: Festival of Blood, a PS exclusive will no longer be bought. Though admittedly, PS Now keeps such games so players aren’t at a total loss. 

There needs to be alternatives, because potentially there is going to be a lot of content that will be lost forever. And if online functionality is gone, these legacy systems will be entirely useless.

The digital future is bleak.

I think they have a real opportunity to make ps now much bigger. Many would happily pay 10 a month or more for the back catalog of games or at least most of them.

56 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

And this also shows that Sony doesn’t care about other countries other than where they’re based at (America). 

I have my reasons for not using PS Now, but as it stands the service is lacking a lot of things that need to be there in addition to opening it up to other countries.

53 minutes ago, U4oloG said:

It's always been like this. In Russia, the ps storе has always been circumcised. We had to register American accounts to play many games.?

Yup, like, few years ago I had no idea PS Store capable of streaming shows and movies or music and stuff.

Uncharted 2 DLCs in Russian store are not even compatible with base game, so you have to refund it and buy GOTY disc instead

Again, playing on foreign account is must if you use RU PSN, thank god they don't block you by IP tho :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DanielVT said:

I think they have a real opportunity to make ps now much bigger. Many would happily pay 10 a month or more for the back catalog of games or at least most of them.

Well yes but not everyone can get PS Now. There needs to be more available for  the service and many digital only titles are completely left out. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

The content works for Vita. However DON'T get the game for Vita. The online servers for multiplayer closed long ago so you won't be able to get the platinum for either version now.

Thanks, im going to buy that console and get the sly trilogy there, Gravity rush , i have the PS4 remastered versión but it's was freaking expensive, bullet girls.. etc, killzone mercenary it's still active?

6 minutes ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

Thanks, im going to buy that console and get the sly trilogy there, Gravity rush , i have the PS4 remastered versión but it's was freaking expensive, bullet girls.. etc, killzone mercenary it's still active?

As far as I know, Killzone Mercenary servers are still alive.

As for Sly Collection on Vita, you gotta rush on getting Sly 3 on the store before it closes, here’s why:

On 3/22/2021 at 10:01 AM, WaddysWDS said:

You will still be able to:

• Download previously purchased items
  • Earn and sync trophies
  • Upload and download cloud saves

I'm so glad that you will be able to still download previously purchased games because my current memory card on vita doesn't have anywhere near enough space for all mine. >.<

24 minutes ago, TJF588 said:

There are many exclusives for PlayStation platforms that were only released digitally. With no obligations on the companies in charge of their distribution to honor their existence, it really is up to the pirates to maintain the legacy of gaming.

Yeah I can agree with that.

I've got a ton of games on my PS3 already installed that were delisted a while ago. Things like Plants Vs Zombies, Konami's X-Men, The Simpsons, Turtles in Time.

I am already considering not playing any new PS3 games just because I want to preserve my PS3 system, especially if one day, I can't redownload them if my PS3 has a YLOD, or worse/just as bad, I can't find a working second hand PS3 in the future should I need one.