Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

The problem now is with the legacy web store gone, you are at the mercy of using the horrible console stores. 

I generally get error messages and other issues using these stores. Sometimes the stores work, sometimes they don’t. It’s completely random. 

Just now, AJ_Radio said:

The problem now is with the legacy web store gone, you are at the mercy of using the horrible console stores. 

I generally get error messages and other issues using these stores. Sometimes the stores work, sometimes they don’t. It’s completely random. 

Yeah, man I'm just trying to hurry this up until now the PS3 store gods have given me relatively smooth access to buying things(in that PS3 standard) but I've heard the horror stories of people losing the ability to purchase, so I just hope I don't have to deal with those kinda issues for a little longer.

41 minutes ago, Hysteria said:
Can I transfer all games I bought in a external hard drive? Will I have a problem with any game that has to be patched? if I didn’t launch it already .

Sadly you can’t. PS3 never supported external hard drives to store game data.

However, I know a workaround the legit means. You can format two or more internal 2.5” hard drives on the same console and swap between them whenever you need it, for example a game is installed on a specific HDD. Of course, turn off and unplug the PS3 to be sure. Just remember that the hard drives can only be inserted and played on the same single PS3 you formatted them, or else you’ll be forced on formatting them again on another PS3 and lose all your data.

In this case, backing up their data on another big external HDD is the safe proof of any potential hard drive or console failure.

Otherwise, there exists the modding method to instal ISOs of games directly from the external hard drive (I never did it myself) but I don’t recommend it, unless you don’t mind risking your account and purchased digital games.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

6 hours ago, Zarakai1989 said:

I burned my bridges with Xbox as well and will never go back. Afterall, people are quick to forget the scummy practices Microsoft were going to go ahead with when the Xbox One was first revealed. Only reason they didn't go ahead with it was because Sony chose to continue as normal.

Xbox fucked up major with the Xbox One at launch. But when Phil Spencer arrived thing started to turn around. They actually have backwards compatibility, Xbox Game Pass is great for consumers, there games are available on PC, they aren’t shutting down their store for legacy platforms, their current CEO doesn’t say ‘who’d want to play that?’ When looking at PS1/PS2 games. They haven’t been tearing down a bunch of features & they have apps that actually work properly. They seem to actual listen to those who buy into their products.

36 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

I guess I will throw a few hundreds to pick stuff I want from Vita and PS3 Store and double check all cross buy games that I didn’t download. Always these idiots at Sony gives us a difficult time ?

Why wouldn’t they? They’re getting tons of people to panic buy. ;/

Damn, so it really happens!

I mean, deep in my heart I knew this day would come. I guess it was kind of inevitable after a console lifespan of nearly 15 years. But now, with knowing the date it will end, it feels painful and makes me really sad ?.

Well, time to finally check if I missed any games or DLC (pretty sure I'm already fine on that point, but better check twice).

3 hours ago, enaysoft said:

For now this store closure is going to make it impossible for newcomers to ever have a chance of catching up with the guys at the top, tons of easy Vita stacks are soon gonna be gone forever.

Its already impossible, how could a newcomer catch those at the top? Most of the top trophy hunters are cheats anyway. And most of the vita stacks will still be available on the PS4 store via cross buy. 

Edited by GUDGER666

1 minute ago, GUDGER666 said:

Its already impossible, how could a newcomer catch those at the top? Most of the top trophy hunters are cheats anyway. And vita stacks will still be available on the PS4 store. 

Who would want to catch up with those who make trophy hunting unfun the news on this forum is the second biggest mockery on this website the first being the leaderboard.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, enaysoft said:

That's the biggie. Along with online play on PS3 and Vita games. If you lose the ability to sync trophies. That would indeed be devastating for a lot of people.

Imagine being half way through a game and on something like 33% but then you can no longer delete it or be able to play it anymore and sync the game..

They need to clarify those important things. 

50 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I browsed 1500 items yesterday with no issues, even better if you have an ssd. Also better if you filter out all the crap. On my PS4 Pro the store always refreshes when I'm browsing or force closes, hate that store. 

Don't forget about This over at trophies.org, lists all the DLC available on disc for the PS3. I expect the prices on these to sky rocket. I would pin this to the top. 

Edited by GUDGER666

2 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

I browsed 1500 items yesterday with no issues, even better if you have an ssd. Also better if you filter out all the crap. On my PS4 Pro the store always refreshes when I'm browsing or force closes, hate that store. 

One odd thing the store tends to do when looking for DLC is it only displays some of them on the add-on section but if you go back to the search it shows the rest of the DLC.

Just now, kenseizenkai said:

This is a sad day, my excellent friends...But let's face it: we all saw it coming.

First Sony shot down the servers for Uncharted 2 & 3, The Last Of Us, Warhawk, Playstation All-Starts Battle Royale. ModNation Racers & LittleBigPlanet Karting.

Next victim was the original web store. Then this thing.

As for Jim Ryan saying: "Who's still plays those (old games)?", it's like saying "Movies from (insert decade). Who still watches those?" But you don't see Columbia/Sony Pictures trying to wipe out their classic (read: Legacy) movies. In fact they want to sell you the same thing over & over again. 

#savepsstore Let's get it trending people! Maybe then Sony will begin to listen & reconsider this stupid decision.

On god my man I wish this could be the case, but it's going to take Jesus Christ to come back on this earth and petition with us if Sony will even bat an eye. It's come to an end I'm not too angry about it because I know what ill to be doing in a few years if I want a digital copy of a game but this truly will be some unfortunate months ahead.

2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

They killed off Sony Studio Japan. They’re taking away much of what made Sony good. All this has happened since Sony moved to California.

Doesn’t help that much of what they’re advertising and promoting has been western centric and western focused. It’s no wonder Japanese developers are moving to other platforms.

While it's never good news seeing studios get shut or reshuffled, you're definitely not painting the full picture by making it seem like Sony just mercilessly killed em for no reason. The studio wasn't entirely shut but reorganized to Team asobi who has arguably been doing way better in terms or commercial and critically acclaimed success with their ASTRO series. I enjoyed a lot of their games too but let's not act like outside of their efforts as a support team they've been putting out heavy hitters that can stand up to naughty dog, guerrilla games etc. Even in Japan their most recent titles had rather poor sales. 

They're advertising and promoting mainly western centric titles for a reason, that's the area where they have the most growth potential and success while mobile gaming is top market in Japan. Saga frontier, shin megami tensei 3 remaster, scarlet nexus, legends of mana, ff7 remake integrade, guilty gear strive, Ninja Gaiden collection and several atelier games are all up on the main store being advertised which are from prominent Japanese developers/publishers so this myth that most  Japanese devs are moving to other platforms is just nonsense. Niche oversexualised school girl simulators being censored or shifting platforms where they'll be accepted ain't exactly some huge loss to gamers. Im against censorship for the most part as we've seen in extreme cases what it can lead to but I've taken a look at some of those games and I'm just like yeah.... I'm not gonna lose sleep over that no longer being on my platform of choice.

Once again apologies for those that want to purely see info regarding the store closure on this topic but at this point its been derailed a million times ?

Edited by BrandedBerserk

5 minutes ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

Quick question for anyone who knows: I think I have a few games that were crossbuys for Vita. Is there any way I can redeem/claim the Vita versions without a Vita? 

No. Not with the old PC store gone 

What's also worth noting is that you won't be able to rent servers in PS3 Battlefield games for example. So you need to boost on public servers, if you want the online trophies 

Edited by Sinthoras_96

1 minute ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

No. Not with the old PC store gone 

Well this just gets worse by the minute. 

Why on Earth didn’t they tell us this was happening when they announced they were removing the PC Store? FFS, I have many problems with Nintendo and Microsoft, but I’ve not known them to pull this level of shit this quickly with next to no warning. It’s just extremely anti-consumer.

Do they want to encourage more PlayStation owners to become pirates? Because this is how you do that IMO. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kenseizenkai said:

As for Jim Ryan saying: "Who's still plays those (old games)?", it's like saying "Movies from (insert decade). Who still watches those?" But you don't see Columbia/Sony Pictures trying to wipe out their classic (read: Legacy) movies. In fact they want to sell you the same thing over & over again. 

#savepsstore Let's get it trending people! Maybe then Sony will begin to listen & reconsider this stupid decision.

Is that Mel Gibson in your avatar? You already have a taste for classic movies.

That’s just fault logic from Jim Ryan. I’ve shown my little niece and nephew the original Star Wars trilogy with Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford. They love it. I wasn’t around back then either when it came out but it’s a timeless masterpiece. 

That won’t work sadly. Sony is around hellbent on killing off their older library. Unfortunately Nintendo isn’t much better in this regard. 

13 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

While it's never good news seeing studios get shut or reshuffled, you're definitely not painting the full picture by making it seem like Sony just mercilessly killed em for no reason. The studio wasn't entirely shut but reorganized to Team asobi who has arguably been doing way better in terms or commercial and critically acclaimed success with their ASTRO series. I enjoyed a lot of their games too but let's not act like outside of their efforts as a support team they've been putting out heavy hitters that can stand up to naughty dog, guerrilla games etc. Even in Japan their most recent titles had rather poor sales. 

They're advertising and promoting mainly western centric titles for a reason, that's the area where they have the most growth potential and success while mobile gaming is top market in Japan. Saga frontier, shin megami tensei 3 remaster, scarlet nexus, legends of mana, ff7 remake integrade, guilty gear strive, Ninja Gaiden collection and several atelier games are all up on the main store being advertised which are from prominent Japanese developers/publishers so this myth that most  Japanese devs are moving to other platforms is just nonsense. Niche oversexualised school girl simulators being censored or shifting platforms where they'll be accepted ain't exactly some huge loss to gamers. Im against censorship for the most part as we've seen in extreme cases what it can lead to but I've taken a look at some of those games and I'm just like yeah.... I'm not gonna lose sleep over that no longer being on my platform of choice.

90 percent of everything on my trophy list are games that attract a niche audience. This affects both Japanese games with over sexualized girls and indies. 

That is why Steam will always be better. There is shit that barely anyone has touched in an entire decade, but is still there on the store for me to buy should I decide to add it to my Steam gaming collection.

Hopefully stuff like Super Stardust HD and inFamous: Festival of Blood are on PS Now. Soon that will be the only way to play anything that came before the PS4. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

Quick question for anyone who knows: I think I have a few games that were crossbuys for Vita. Is there any way I can redeem/claim the Vita versions without a Vita? 

Check if you can purchase it on the PS3 store. It will say on the item page the platform and the storage space. If it’s a PS4/Vita game there probably won’t be a purchase button (undertale for example)

4 minutes ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

Do they want to encourage more PlayStation owners to become pirates? Because this is how you do that IMO. 

There is probably gonna be hella vita piracy when this goes down.