Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

1 minute ago, Sigma999 said:

It wasn't like October /November of last year?

If you used specific links for your region, it was possible to still use the old store up until several days ago. There was a thread here that I used for my different region accounts to buy stuff until they closed that loophole.

7 minutes ago, MrMaximusHTO said:

Im kinda confused on this. I know own content you can re download, but is it a thing that you must have downloaded it once before. Or aslong as i have purchased it i will keep access. Then if i switch to a diffrent ps3 will i still have access?

In most cases, just purchasing the item is enough, but...

This is an example from PS4 version of Sniper Elite 3 (also available on PS3):

I bought Season Pass but the individual DLCs were not added to my account. I had to visit each DLC separately and "buy" them for free. If the store was dead, I think I wouldn't be able to claim these DLCs and the Season Pass purchase would be useless. Similar cases can probably happen with some PS3 titles too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WILD DOG said:

It lets you fully customize your console and also lets you play games for free, especially delisted games like Outrun or After Burner. I have CFW on my Vitas/PSP and don't really regret it. It's up to the person to jailbreak it if they want to but I see no harm in it. 

Wait a minute, you can play delisted games???? 

How did that work? 

But you cant go Online and get trophies from the delisted games? 

6 minutes ago, HusKy said:

I bought Season Pass but the individual DLCs were not added to my account. I had to visit each DLC separately and "buy" them for free. If the store was dead, I think I wouldn't be able to claim these DLCs and the Season Pass purchase would be useless. Similar cases can probably happen with some PS3 titles too.

This info should be highlighted, it can easily screw someone over. Good call Husky.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Would definitely recommend Silent Hill and Vagrant Story.

Other than the ones you listed, some games that I would say are worth checking out are:
GrimGrimoire
Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army
Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2

Chrono Cross

Metal Gear Solid

Front Mission 3

Alundra

Arc the Lad 1-3

Suikoden 1-4

Legend of Dragoon

Wild Arms 1-2

Jumping Flash (if this hasn't already been delisted)

Dino Crisis 1-2

Echo Night

Shadow Tower

Mega Man Legends 1-2, Misadventures of Tron Bonne

The first 5 Tomb Raider games (though I think these may be available on Steam/GOG)

A lot of those are JRPGs, and aren't available on PS4. Not 100% sure if some of them may be available elsewhere on PC storefronts. I wouldn't say all of them are "gems" but there's some interesting games there that will sadly be lost soon for those looking to buy them, aside from their physical counterparts for their original platforms (many of which are expensive now, and will undoubtedly increase even more in price due to the store closures).

I know some of these games I can get elsewhere on different systems, but I appreciate you taking the time to give me some other ideas. I totally forgot about Dino Crisis. Definitely interested in that too. I have Crono Cross/Trigger elsewhere and already bought a few of the Tomb Raider games. SMT is another good catch too... Ugh, this is going to get expensive. ?

4 minutes ago, HusKy said:

This. Basically if you don't know what specific you must grab to not let a past purchase be invalidated, your only option is to go through everything and see if it appears to you as Free on the store. Don't know if filtering by price (if that's a thing, haven't used that malfunctioning app in years) will even show them to you, or only items that are free by default.

8 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

This is really sad... Guess I am going to have to get a couple hundred dollars and go on a purchasing spree for Vita titles I want 1f62d.png

A couple of hundred won't be enough bro. A couple of thousand maybe. Discounts are no longer available for 6 years. The games are sold at full price.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

This is really sad... Guess I am going to have to get a couple hundred dollars and go on a purchasing spree for Vita titles I want ?

All the while sony is laughing away at all the people panic spending on the store for full price games. They're really taking advantage of FOMO

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Waraneasy said:

What happen for all services like Battlefield 3 and servers hosting ? That will die too ? 

Possible. You need to "purchase" the free online pass from the store. Once the store goes offline games which require a online pass to access the multiplayer are slowly going to loose there player base and eventually shutdown by electronic arts and ubisoft (the 2 main villains using online passes)

1 minute ago, U4oloG said:

A couple of hundred won't be enough bro. A couple of thousand maybe. Discounts are no longer available for 6 years. The games are sold at full price.

Most of them are like $10 games though and I have most of the ones I really wanted from sales already... But I am sure there are a ton of games I would have played given a long enough timeline.

1 minute ago, SnowxSakura said:

All the while sony is laughing away at all the people panic spending on the store for full price games. They're really taking advantage of FOMO

Well when the game in only out for that system you kinda have to :P

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Waraneasy said:

What happen for all services like Battlefield 3 and servers hosting ? That will die too ? 

In Russia, we have been experiencing difficulties for a month with the purchase of a dedicated server in BF3 and BF4 on ps3. The funds are debited but the server is not provided

5 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

Most of them are like $10 games though and I have most of the ones I really wanted from sales already... But I am sure there are a ton of games I would have played given a long enough timeline.

Well when the game in only out for that system you kinda have to :P

Physical copies are going to get worse in price as well, sucks all around

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

I agree. But there are very good exclusive games on vita that are only available in the digital store. I already wrote earlier that the cartridges on vita will now cost an insane amount of money.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Physical copies are going to get worse in price as well, sucks all around

Yup ?? And vita is my literal favorite console :'(

1 minute ago, U4oloG said:

I agree. But there are very good exclusive games on vita that are only available in the digital store. I already wrote earlier that the cartridges on vita will now cost an insane amount of money.

Yup... Ugh. Need to learn JP since there are more cards for that language lmfao

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

Yup... Ugh. Need to learn JP since there are more cards for that language lmfao

I've already encountered this with Danganronpa. Getting a NA physical copy for either game would have cost me $80 (I already own digital copies of both games, fortunately), but the JP version of 1 / 2 Reload only cost $30.

• Like 2