Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

4 minutes ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

I've already encountered this with Danganronpa. Getting a NA physical copy for either game would have cost me $80 (I already own digital copies of both games, fortunately), but the JP version of 1 / 2 Reload only cost $30.

The price of physical copies of games for vita sometimes reaches the point of absurdity. Some games are released only in some countries. They are immediately bought up and begin to resell at the price of a new ps4.

8 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

Yup 1f62d.png1f62d.png And vita is my literal favorite console :'(

Yup... Ugh. Need to learn JP since there are more cards for that language lmfao

Vita prices were already bad enough as is, I'm afraid to see what they will be like now. Especially titles that only got limited print runs like Neptunia re;birth 1 or Ar nosurge plus

• Like 2

Im not sure if this has been discussed in this Topic as I’m only really checking in now once the news was confirmed about store closure, but I’m more worried that there may be a complete shut down of the PlayStation 3s online service in general! I have a fair backlog of games that I’m going to be prioritising now and I’m worried that there might be a time sooner rather than later where the PS3 won’t Sync with the Network, rendering all Trophies unobtainable, or more like unable to be registered to a gamers account! ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Vita prices were already bad enough as is, I'm afraid to see what they will be like now. Especially titles that only got limited print runs like Neptunia re;birth 1 or Ar nosurge plus

Like I said, it's like a bad dream

3 minutes ago, Bionic-Spencer said:

Im not sure if this has been discussed in this Topic as I’m only really checking in now once the news was confirmed about store closure, but I’m more worried that there may be a complete shut down of the PlayStation 3s online service in general! I have a fair backlog of games that I’m going to be prioritising now and I’m worried that there might be a time sooner rather than later where the PS3 won’t Sync with the Network, rendering all Trophies unobtainable, or more like unable to be registered to a gamers account! ?

My friends, the trophyhunters, are most afraid of this. And they begin to quickly pass the games they started on ps3

14 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Over the past year, since COVID hit, I've seen a definite increase in vita game prices. A lot of online options seemed to dry up. Especially importing from Japan and Asia.

I also decided to start to fill out my collection, and I have pretty much all of what I want physically, at least from the NA region. Mary Skelter was the most expensive at a bit over $100 (all prices Canadian). I finally found the last Hyperdimension (Nep U) for $80 this weekend. Most of the rest I was able to get around $50 or less.

I would say the ones that have really shot up are the Danganronpa series, P4G, the Nep games and the Atelier games. Valkyrie Drive is also really hard to track down.

The other one that I had a miserable time finding was Lost Dimension. Got a copy this last weekend at $40 which was a steal. This is one to watch as it just got delisted. Mary Skelter was already crazy expensive, but you can get it digitally for $10.

Other games to watch are some of the Limited Run only prints - Fata Morgana, London Detective, the Nurse Syndrome - they will likely go way up in price once the store closes.

I had hoped to get some UK/EU stacks. The plan had been to go to England last summer, but that didn't happen. Realistically those games will probably become so expensive that importing won't be an option now.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Over the past year, since COVID hit, I've seen a definite increase in vita game prices. A lot of online options seemed to dry up. Especially importing from Japan and Asia.

I also decided to start to fill out my collection, and I have pretty much all of what I want physically, at least from the NA region. Mary Skelter was the most expensive at a bit over $100 (all prices Canadian). I finally found the last Hyperdimension (Nep U) for $80 this weekend. Most of the rest I was able to get around $50 or less.

I would say the ones that have really shot up are the Danganronpa series, P4G, the Nep games and the Atelier games. Valkyrie Drive is also really hard to track down.

The other one that I had a miserable time finding was Lost Dimension. Got a copy this last weekend at $40 which was a steal. This is one to watch as it just got delisted. Mary Skelter was already crazy expensive, but you can get it digitally for $10.

Other games to watch are some of the Limited Run only prints - Fata Morgana, London Detective, the Nurse Syndrome - they will likely go way up in price once the store closes.

I had hoped to get some UK/EU stacks. The plan had been to go to England last summer, but that didn't happen. Realistically those games will probably become so expensive that importing won't be an option now.

Pretty much every platforms prices have doubled or tripled since Covid started last year from what I've noticed on ebay and pricecharting

4 hours ago, yuber1234 said:

It doesn't hurt to try. I'm going to add it to my previous post.

#firejimryan

Yeah lets put it in all social media, we need to unite as players in this 

#firejimryan

#Firejimryan , this is a hashtag to make clear that as a Playstation players, this irresponsible corpo man it's ruining the amazing Playstation brand with all the stupid things he does and he says, Jim Ryan needs to get out of Playstation, we need a leader that understand games.

This on Twitter please

49 minutes ago, Bionic-Spencer said:

It has been discussed quite a bit, really don't know when Sony will pull the plug on the rest of the online functionality for PS3 and Vita at this point, and how short of a notice they'd give. It's wild to think there's been some servers for multiplayer games that got a longer notice before their shutdown than the stores.

Definitely prioritise PS3 games if you care about the trophies. I'd like to think this isn't something we need to worry about any time soon, but this news coming so soon after the new webstore (and other services/features getting terminated), I just don't know any more. I used to be pretty confident that when they inevitably shut down the stores on PS3 and Vita, they would give a year's notice minimum. Well, that didn't happen, don't even want to think when they might spring the full closure of all online functionality on us and how short of a notice period they might give.

I'm personally going to keep going at the same pace I have been going (that is, playing PS3 and Vita games steadily), don't want to stress myself too much over this, and at the end of the day, if they do remove the ability to sync trophies, I'll still play those games in my backlog that have trophies I'll never be able to sync anyway. I'm just so exhausted with Sony right now that I don't even care any more.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

I wanted to get an EU copy of Dungeon Travelers 2 as I loved the game but an EU copy is pushing like 80-100 USD on ebay now

17 minutes ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

#firejimryan

#Firejimryan , this is a hashtag to make clear that as a Playstation players, this irresponsible corpo man it's ruining the amazing Playstation brand with all the stupid things he does and he says, Jim Ryan needs to get out of Playstation, we need a leader that understand games.

This on Twitter please

You’re gonna get laughed away by Sony with an OTT hashtag like that. I totally get the sentiment, but something like #SavePS3 which points to the immediate concern is much more likely to actually be listened to

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nelson_Otaku said:

I supported this company so much while they just spit on my face.

No worries some people in denial are still there to say Sony is great and all lol...

even better now they have all that shovelware to help enhance their experience. Rip 2021

They spitted even on their homeland leaving lots of Japanese devs without their jobs. Some of them are still making games for Vita even now... Fooled all their loyal customers who where there since PS1 with all this "for the players" and "no limits" crap and made PlayStation platform an inferior way to play multiplatform games in 30 fps "cinematic" mode and accessible way to play FIFA and Fortnite.

Funny to see how many players here were defending Sony saying that obvious arguments about Sony's plans to kill their legacy are nothing, now they will just keep defending Sony saying that multiplayer in those games will still be online, trophy support will still be there until they'll do their next step and disable shit for good in few months, it's just their new audience... And it's the trophy hunting forum where only hardcore gamers are supposed to be...

I'm shocked that there are so many people who will rush to buy stuff before store closure paying Sony for what they've done.
It's a disgrace to use PlayStation in 2021, it's the worst piece of shit on the market right now with the worst management imaginable.

One man is responsible for this mess, Jim Ryan

Edited by KingSkovald
formatting
  • Like 1

Something I'd like to emphasize, since I misread it initially.  Perhaps I'm the only good whose brain went duh, but here it is anyway:

If you have purchased a PS3/PS Vita cross-buy bundle and have only downloaded either the PS3 or PS Vita version, you will need to download the other version prior to the closure of PlayStation Store on the relevant device.

I had misread this to mean that any cross-buy, including PS4/Vita cross-buys, had to be downloaded on both systems, but that isn't the case.  Only PS3/Vita cross-buys require both downloads.

3 minutes ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

#firejimryan

This on Twitter please

Twitter/petitions/boycotts have never worked in the past, and I don't really see that changing for this situation, especially when, liking it or not, the people affected by this are an absolute minority. Also, just searched and the guy's ~60, so I'd say he still has some ways to go. And a person's nationality doesn't affect their character: if you pick a bad person, doesn't matter if they're American, British, Japanese, Brazilian, Chinese, Korean... they'll be bad either way. So picking a new leader based only on their nationality doesn't really work.

The truth is: as much as this sucks, this won't really affect them all that much. Maybe they'll lose a couple hundred players, but the money from the PS5 (which is selling like hotcakes) more than makes up for what they'll be possibly losing. Xbox and PlayStation have completely different business approaches as of recently, so unless something really big happens in the gaming scenery, they'll just keep on happily co-existing with each other. It isn't a situation where one wins and one loses.

(Will somebody distort what I said and try to paint me as a "fanboy" or something? Probably. Oh well.)

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

Something I'd like to emphasize, since I misread it initially.  Perhaps I'm the only good whose brain went duh, but here it is anyway:

If you have purchased a PS3/PS Vita cross-buy bundle and have only downloaded either the PS3 or PS Vita version, you will need to download the other version prior to the closure of PlayStation Store on the relevant device.

I had misread this to mean that any cross-buy, including PS4/Vita cross-buys, had to be downloaded on both systems, but that isn't the case.  Only PS3/Vita cross-buys require both downloads.

Not sure what they mean by "download", the act of "purchasing" them is enough. When the old webstore was active you could put free content in the cart and spend zero bucks to tie them to your account.

Edited by Lance_87

We all knew this day would come, it will be the same for the current consoles in a decades time.

At least they let us keep our purchases and are able to download them even after the store closes they could easily have said stores closed fuck off.

I just hope that before it does close they at least have a sale as some of the digital only games are way overpriced.