Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

I don't like this, but if I have to tell the truth I haven't download anything for Ps3 since I bought Ps4.

I do still play on PsV and I'm really sad that I will not be able to play some games that I may discover in the future or some DLCs, but we are overwhelmed by games and I think everyone will find something they can enjoy even without the Ps3/Vita/Psp store.

They gave us great time, thank you for everything old platforms, now we'll look to new stuff (well, when Ps5 will be available at least XD)

37 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

I wanted to get an EU copy of Dungeon Travelers 2 as I loved the game but an EU copy is pushing like 80-100 USD on ebay now

That's nuts. I had wanted EU Mary Skelter, DGv3, the WRC games, Spider-man, Sorcery Saga.

I think I'll just retire that wish list.

15 minutes ago, Carol said:

“The Last of Us Part II” is one of the best games ever made and it deserves all the 10/10 reviews and awards that it has been receiving. But you most likely haven’t played it and like most of the haters, you are just judging a game based on personal prejudices, so how would you know?

P.S.: Sorry for being off-topic, but I am tired of unbased hatred towards a great game that came out almost a year ago.

Dude, this isn't gratuitous hate. You in the West may be the norm, but we in the East are alien to such views that break the generally accepted norms. I don't want to make an argument about LGBT people, but it was the imposition of this that was the downgrade of the game. That's why I didn't buy it.

We're getting off the subject. We need to do something and show Sony that they are nothing without us

Edited by U4oloG
  • Like 2

I’m just gonna chime in real quick to say if you are trying to buy items from the vita and PS3 stores before closure and want an easy way to find titles and prices use psdeals.net or their app which is pretty good.

the links for each game obviously do not work anymore BUT it has a wishlist feature and at least you can find which games you want to hunt for on the respective stores when you can get to the console. Much more intuitive to search that site/app than searching the console stores. It also shows current pricing for the game as well. 

as an added bit, on the web version of psdeals you can change the region of the store you are looking at to see any games you may want from other regions if you’re into that kinda thing. 

• Like 2

Well, with this becoming official I think it's time I officially close my Sony collections. My estimate the other day was wrong. I'm closer to 500 physical games between PS3 and ps4 (some on vita too,) and have many many more digitally. 

The new store is just horrendous and painful to use, and then this. It's just bad decision after bad decision. 

I don't think I can switch to PC full-time, so I think my next gen console is going to be Xbox.

My Sony account can be my legacy account for PS4 and prior. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

Not sure what they mean by "download", the act of "purchasing" them is enough. When the old webstore was active you could put free content in the cart and spend zero bucks to tie them to your account.

Think they meant certain items(mostly DLCs or cross/buys) you buy you have to actually add each individual DLC/game manually, ex. I got the season passes for Drakengard, that actually added all the DLC, but Sniper Elite 3 season pass was purchased I had to put each DLC into the cart and “buy” them.

1 hour ago, Carol said:

“The Last of Us Part II” is one of the best games ever made and it deserves all the 10/10 reviews and awards that it has been receiving. But you most likely haven’t played it and like most of the haters, you are just judging a game based on personal prejudices, so how would you know?

P.S.: Sorry for being off-topic, but I am tired of unbased hatred towards a great game that came out almost a year ago.

Those awards don't mean crap they are just circle jerkers that make up the majority of the vote and I just mean in general. I ain't got anything to say to a game I haven't played, but I know I wouldn't enjoy a game pushing an agenda first and a good game second that's just having your priorities wrong and with a game as heavily story driven as TLOU 2 that's a big problem.

Edited by Sir_TyroneOBE

So, I went through this thread's messages regarding the ability to still download your purchased content, and there seem to be some divisive answers.

Anyone knows for sure if SONY is pulling the plug entirely to the PS3 Store, meaning we won't be able to download our purchased items?

Is it time to download everything you own digitally to an external HDD? In that case, I'd need some assistance since I've only backed up my PS3 HD once. I do not know how to back up content you have to download yet (I mean if I need to download it first to the PS3 and only then back it up on the external HDD).

It would be a good sign if they (SONY and the game developers together) would give us a shutdown "free giveaway" and enable the PS3/PS Vits store content to be downloaded free of charge (yeah, I laugh as well thinking this naively). At least it would go out with a loud bang.

6 minutes ago, Ghanupher said:

So, I went through this thread's messages regarding the ability to still download your purchased content, and there seem to be some divisive answers.

Anyone knows for sure if SONY is pulling the plug entirely to the PS3 Store, meaning we won't be able to download our purchased items?

Is it time to download everything you own digitally to an external HDD? In that case, I'd need some assistance since I've only backed up my PS3 HD once. I do not know how to back up content you have to download yet (I mean if I need to download it first to the PS3 and only then back it up on the external HDD).

It would be a good sign if they (SONY and the game developers together) would give us a shutdown "free giveaway" and enable the PS3/PS Vits store content to be downloaded free of charge (yeah, I laugh as well thinking this naively). At least it would go out with a loud bang.

On their shutdown announcement in the FAQ it mentions you WILL have access to prior downloads. ONLY the function of buying new content will be gone. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, greenkaos1226 said:

On their shutdown announcement in the FAQ it mentions you WILL have access to prior downloads. ONLY the function of buying new content will be gone. 

Then phew!

I suppose that the price for "Complete/GOTY" or any game that comes with Add-On content on disk will skyrocket.

8 minutes ago, Ghanupher said:

Then phew!

I suppose that the price for "Complete/GOTY" or any game that comes with Add-On content on disk will skyrocket.

This is a good assumption. But some games haven’t skyrocket despite being delisted for years. I think it’ll be title by title basis based on demand. It also said that codes/vouchers will be still honored. Unknown if they will ACTUALLY honor that part though. 

31 minutes ago, Carbon_Lancer said:

Think they meant certain items(mostly DLCs or cross/buys) you buy you have to actually add each individual DLC/game manually, ex. I got the season passes for Drakengard, that actually added all the DLC, but Sniper Elite 3 season pass was purchased I had to put each DLC into the cart and “buy” them.

Yeah i wrote that yesterday, i don't remember in which thread though. Other examples would include cross-buy titles with certain versions released late (i.e. the first Oddworld remake for PS4) or games like Ridge Racer for Vita.

Edited by Lance_87

28 minutes ago, Sir_TyroneOBE said:

Those awards don't mean crap they are just circle jerkers that make up the majority of the vote and I just mean in general. I ain't got anything to say to a game I haven't played, but I know I wouldn't enjoy a game pushing an agenda first and a good game second that's just having your priorities wrong and with a game as heavily story driven as TLOU 2 that's a big problem.

Marketing sells everything. Sony released Ghost of Tsushima same year, it was shaded by marketing campaign of TLOU2 and had much lower sales while being a much better game. Seeing that players helped to restore real Tsushima after typhoon was really nice, I mean really-really nice

What was that sjw 10/10 game of the year Oscar garbage influence in real world? It only spread controversy and quarrels among the community...

P.S.: I know it's off-topic but it shows how incompetent Sony is even in game development/marketing these days

• Like 4

I don't know about the rest of everyone here, but I'm going to take a break from this thread for a couple of weeks and then come back.  Right now, too many people are having kneejerk reactions which, while completely understandable, isn't really being productive.  

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not going to panic buy out of fear of losing access to digital games/trophies.  I plan to only pick up what I imagine myself playing in the next couple of months (even if I don't actually get around to doing that).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, greenkaos1226 said:

This is a good assumption. But some games haven’t skyrocket despite being delisted for years. I think it’ll be title by title basis based on demand. It also said that codes/vouchers will be still honored. Unknown if they will ACTUALLY honor that part though. 

Wouldn't hold my breath. I bought Sly Cooper Trilogy on Vita a few months back. It was new and sealed. Doesn't say anywhere on the box that the 3rd game is a download code, and it expired several years ago. In fact, it doesn't even say part of the product requires download. Totally shitty practice to have those codes expire.

I would assume most PS3/Vita codes would have reached expiry by now. As always, YMMV, but best to assume they won't last too much longer. In fact, Sony has stopped issuing codes for digital downloads to be sold in stores, so I think this feature is already at end of life cycle.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Wouldn't hold my breath. I bought Sly Cooper Trilogy on Vita a few months back. It was new and sealed. Doesn't say anywhere on the box that the 3rd game is a download code, and it expired several years ago. In fact, it doesn't even say part of the product requires download. Totally shitty practice to have those codes expire.

I would assume most PS3/Vita codes would have reached expiry by now. As always, YMMV, but best to assume they won't last too much longer. In fact, Sony has stopped issuing codes for digital downloads to be sold in stores, so I think this feature is already at end of life cycle.

Says on the back of the case the 3rd game is a voucher code for download

Sly-Cooper-Collection---PS-Vita-Case_3D__12912.1508304038.png?c=2

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Says on the back of the case the 3rd game is a voucher code for download

Sly-Cooper-Collection---PS-Vita-Case_3D__12912.1508304038.png?c=2

I stand corrected, you are 100% right. In fact, in the fine print it even says the code expires in 2016. Still crappy that the code lasted less than 2 yrs from when the game launched.

12 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Jeez ?

That’s ridiculous.

I’ll best some of those “Last Days” games will have some rare-ass trophies when this is all said and done

Problem with these is if they are rushed, and they have any issues, they can't be patched. So rare-ass trophies and probably a lot of broken games and trophy lists.

#FuckSony

7 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

I stand corrected, you are 100% right. In fact, in the fine print it even says the code expires in 2016. Still crappy that the code lasted less than 2 yrs from when the game launched.

Problem with these is if they are rushed, and they have any issues, they can't be patched. So rare-ass trophies and probably a lot of broken games and trophy lists.

#FuckSony

Bad part is it's not even available standalone on the store iirc

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

Bad part is it's not even available standalone on the store iirc

Nope, I'll have to rebuy it digitally.

I guess the bright side is, post shut down, my physical copy with the 2 games remaining can probably be scalped on eBay for more than I paid for it and the digital version combined ?

• Like 1

Just now, diskdocx said:

Nope, I'll have to rebuy it digitally.

I guess the bright side is, post shut down, my physical copy with the 2 games remaining can probably be scalped on eBay for more than I paid for it and the digital version combined 1f61c.png

True enough, gotta look on the bright side of it

• Like 1