Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

14 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

ScourgeBringer dev confirmed it is happening...

A dev is only a worker who gets information from an other worker. Thats only rumours. Dont melt down about things that arent confirmed by sony. And they would never risk some shitstorm like that for a few thousand dollars per month for keeping the store up.

If this is true (A BIG IF), I don't really care too much UNLESS they stop you from downloading content you already purchased.

That would massively piss off their entire pre-PS4 userbase. I would be stunned if they did that.

And if/when they do shut down the store, they should have a massive "clearance" sale. They won't, though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Storfl_92 said:

A dev is only a worker who gets information from an other worker. Thats only rumours. Dont melt down about things that arent confirmed by sony. And they would never risk some shitstorm like that for a few thousand dollars per month for keeping the store up.

They have been caring about the ps3 store less and less recently though.

I think trophy syncing may be safe on account that the ps4 is on the same server. When the ps4 goes then I think we will have issues.

Though I'm not a programmer so don't trust my word.

9 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

I also somehow didn't clock that it wasn't Tuesday today? lockdown has my weeks blurring together.

I should get around to getting a large vita memory card and should get around to buying persona 4 golden then. Even if this is false the prices of the physical copies are going to soar.

Probably, although for myself, I have been stocking up on vita physical games so I have handheld stuff to play for years to come. If this ends up that they don't work (and in particular, if the trophy syncing goes away), I'm not much interested in having them take up space on a shelf. I figured the Vita had another 3-5 years of functional life in it.

I feel like this isn’t true at all. I’d rather hear it directly from PlayStation than some sketchy article. Look at what Nintendo’s doing. They’re pulling a number of Mario games from their stores and IGN reported it. So until an official source confirms this to be true, I’m taking this with a few grains of salt. 

45 minutes ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

This is honestly the best excuse to finally tackle the entirety of my PS3 backlog. PS4/5 will be taking a backseat for this.

This is what I've been doing since the beginning of this year. I don't a PS5 yet but I knew the writing was on the wall for PS3 and Vita once PS5 came out. I stopped playing my PS4 and decided I was just going to try and focus on finishing PS3 games as a priority and Vita games on the side. I just didn't expect it to come so soon

• Like 1

Funny that the players who bagging the devs to bring back the LBP servers from dddos , now they griffin on PS3/vita stores on Twitter instead of making backlash toward Sony or even deny it . WOW

Edited by ahmwe

25 minutes ago, Storfl_92 said:

The are supposed to get informations like that before gamers lol -_-

1 minute ago, Elk_mistral said:

my only concern is sony not denying it...

Sony doesn't jump onto every single rumor, leak, or clickbait article created. 
If they are doing something then the reveal for it will come out when they want.
If they aren't going something then..nothing happens.

• Like 1

I hope this is not true, but it is very likely. First Sony makes the dumb move to end all sales for PS3 and Vita games. And to make things worse, some games are still for full price. Then on the new web store they removed all PS3 and Vita games. Making some sort of legacy area is so hard and expensive? There is also the fact that Sony seems to want to piss off their customers for no reason for some time now.

I would not be happy with this decision, but at least let me download what I already bought. 

The only thing we can do is complain online and wait for a official statement. But I doubt that any amount of complaints will make them revert the decision if true. 

• Like 1

As they say where there is smoke there is fire, i mean what caused this rumor ? this might be a sign of things to come, the next thing we know in a year is Sony will shutdown the access of psn on those consoles and the day this happens is the day i retire from trophies.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

As they say where there is smoke there is fire, i mean what caused this rumor ? this might be a sign of things to come, the next thing we know in a year is Sony will shutdown the access of psn on those consoles and the day this happens is the day i retire from trophies.

Agreed??

1 hour ago, Kishnabe said:

Publishers control the Sales . Sony has blocked non permanent Discounts for non PS4 Cross games.

Publishers have confirmed they can only permanently discount non Cross Buy Vita games. 

Can't make sales. 

Sony is blocking Vita/PS3 sales. 

I asked multiple people from Sony and devs plus publishers. All said the same thing. They don't do sales anymore because hardly anyone is interested anymore. Never heard Sony are blocking sales. 

If this is true does this preparation plan sound okay if I want to be able to 100% PS3 games in my backlog after a shut down?
I don't have any Vita or PSP games.

1. Make a list of all my physical and digital PS3 games that I have not 100% yet.
2. Check which games need DLC for the 100%.  Strike out the ones that do not require DLC for the 100%.
3. Check if there is a physical version of the game for my region with the DLC on the disc instead of a code.  Cross those games off the list.
4. Buy several used PS3s.
5. Download digital games and DLC I have on the list on each PS3 until the storage is full then move on to the next used PS3.

I want to be ready and have a good plan in place in case Sony does confirm the shut down.