Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

1 hour ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Maybe Sony have done this for a specific reason? Maybe they are going to add PS1,PS2, PS3 backwards compatibility or something. Or maybe they are going to add as many of those games onto PlayStation Now to boost it which makes sense. I'd imagine a hell of a lot more people would subscribe to it knowing that all those games have gone on there or are going to. I mean let's face it, Sony do need to compete better with PS Now because compared to Game Pass, not even in the same league. Surely Sony know how much of a success it is for Microsoft Xbox. 

All these things happening at around the same time seems to coincidental. The offer of PS Now for $1. The patent to add trophies to games that haven't got them. The closure of the PS Stores, it must be setting something up for something bigger later on down the line. 

PS3 is garbage to emulate. Yeah, they might add more titles to PS Now but:

1) it’s not available in tons of regions

2) it’s streaming, if you don’t have good internet you’re boned

3) while some PS Now games have all their DLCs, most don’t because they only give them all the DLCs if they had a “complete edition” to begin with

5 minutes ago, KingSkovald said:

I have a Japanese PS2 but don't have any games for it, bought only for collection. I feel like I might start to import some JP stuff for it soon, had Disaster Report series in mind to start with

I think you can actually remove region locks with HD loader-like tools.

1 hour ago, HeySumbode said:

Those apps still work at the moment.
Youtube, Netflix, Crunchyroll, Prime Video, Spotify, Plex and Red Bull TV.
Netflix even had a new patch (2.36) when I checked... lol
Not sure about the apps for other regions.

2.36? Last time i checked it was 1.22 O_o"

Anyway, i've just discovered that certain Vita content is NOT downloadable from the PS3. Just a small batch of DLC and apparently ALL themes. You need to use that goddamn Vita download list...

Edited by Lance_87

2 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

There's a "little" difference between delisting some games and mass-removing entire generations of games from sale.

Do you seriously think Valve will wake up some day and say "sorry buds, no more games from before 200X"? -_-

They just did it to adult games in a few countries like that.

6 hours ago, diskdocx said:

I stand corrected, you are 100% right. In fact, in the fine print it even says the code expires in 2016. Still crappy that the code lasted less than 2 yrs from when the game launched.

Problem with these is if they are rushed, and they have any issues, they can't be patched. So rare-ass trophies and probably a lot of broken games and trophy lists.

#FuckSony

It's so weird because the European and Australian boxes say their Sly 3 code has any expiry date in 2020. Why would they have a longer date?

2 hours ago, HeySumbode said:

Those apps still work at the moment.
Youtube, Netflix, Crunchyroll, Prime Video, Spotify, Plex and Red Bull TV.
Netflix even had a new patch (2.36) when I checked... lol
Not sure about the apps for other regions.

I started up my PS3 (UK) earlier this year after not using it for about 2 years and saw that a lot of our Catch Up TV apps here weren't working anymore. BBC iPlayer, All4, My5, (not sure if ITV Hub was on there as well) are all not supported anymore. The only apps I ended up keeping were Netflix, Prime and YouTube

Edited by HMS_Victor

39 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Ask a grunt worker at EA or Activision working overtime and tell me they’re having a great time.

EA at least learns on its stupidity and shitstorms it swallows. Very rarely, but it does - Dragon Age as a an example. As for SCEI guys... not very likely.

3 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

2.36? Last time i checked it was 1.22 O_o"

Anyway, i've just discovered that certain Vita content is NOT downloadable from the PS3. Just a small batch of DLC and apparently ALL themes. You need to use that goddamn Vita download list...

The vita download list is awful, why does it have to show ps3 stuff on it

• Like 1

I've glanced through this entire thread now and while I do understand that video game preservation is a substantial issue here I personally don't feel all that afflicted about the store closures. In 2021 I am - for the most part - done with the PS3. A couple of years ago I have started going through the list of games on this website, starting from the very first and slowly made my way up the list. I have watched at least a review or gameplay video for every game along the way and since I am currently looking at games that came out in early 2019 I can confidently say that there are no more PS3 games for me to play. Anything I was going to buy on PS3, I have bought it already. So from that standpoint there'll be little reason for me to mourn after the PS3 store when it'll finally be gone.

For the Vita it's not too bad either. Although I have 394 more games to check out from where I am now, that number includes trophy lists from all different regions as well as games that are crossplay/multiplatform with PS4. So the actual number of games I still have to look at is vastly lower than that. In the coming weeks I am going to focus entirely on Vita-exclusive digital only games and make sure not to miss out on anything I still want to play.

It is without a doubt a sad time for the Playstation ecosystem but as many have pointed out already, your average corporate mindset is not going to give much thought to the preservation of old, supposedly "outdated" videogames that are long beyond their lifecycles and won't make a quick buck anymore. It was fun while it lasted ?

Edited by Baka_Marimo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, KingSkovald said:

I created alt Japanese account solely to buy Silent Hill 4 which is only available in JP store and is PSN-only (PS2 collection) and few Yakuza PS3/Vita games. I planned to make much more purchases there in the future but well...

Why people is focusing in buying games that have a format disc versión??? 

Silent Hill 4 is not PSN only game, neither all the Psone games. 

You can find them second hand. 

The ones that people need too prioritize is the ones that you cant find in other format just PSN Digital and DLCs of games that you already have. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Reminds me when Blizzard merged with Activision, and what has happened to them these past couple years.

Activision and Blizzard have both dragged each other downhill. Call of Duty now has always-online DRM in PC versions from MW2019 onward, and requires a battle.net account. And Diablo 4 will be always online even if you're playing SP even on a console. Also, Raven does support work for CoD and nothing else. No more originals from them like Singularity. Black Ops Cold War isn't bad, but that's because of Treyarch being the lead developer. Still, it's not quite as good as Black Ops 2.

Jim Ryan doesn't belong at Sony. I've put getting a PS5 on the back burner.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hwoarang_21 said:

Why people is focusing in buying games that have a format disc versión??? 

Silent Hill 4 is not PSN only game, neither all the Psone games. 

You can find them second hand. 

The ones that people need too prioritize is the ones that you cant find in other format just PSN Digital and DLCs of games that you already have. 

I simply want to play it on PS3 and it's PSN-only on PS3 and is better quality than PS2. If you think that PS2 version is a good replacement good luck with PS2 on 4K TV

• Like 2

On 2021-03-30 at 8:19 AM, Nelson_Otaku said:

I supported this company so much while they just spit on my face.

No worries some people in denial are still there to say Sony is great and all lol...

even better now they have all that shovelware to help enhance their experience. Rip 2021

Because you have some sort of hatred towards the company does not mean that those who don't are in denial over anything. The closure may be a big deal to you but not to someone else which is perfectly fine, you can have your opinion without attempting to make those who don't share the same sentiment feel a certain way lmao.

On 2021-03-30 at 9:41 AM, BRKs_Eagle said:

(Will somebody distort what I said and try to paint me as a "fanboy" or something? Probably. Oh well.)

Anyone who even dares to speak in a rational manner and that doesn't resort to pitchforks is automatically a delusional fanboy who likes getting fucked by Sony. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

I saw this, and thought I post it here just in case. I know I definitely have not "downloaded" everything crossbuy.

RYz3qL9.jpg

I don’t think this in particular is a huge deal. Most digital-only PS3/Vita crossbuys I’ve seen have shared trophy lists. Trophy lists didn’t start splitting/duplicating for crossbuys until the PS4/Vita ones.

2 hours ago, NERVergoproxy said:

I saw this, and thought I post it here just in case. I know I definitely have not "downloaded" everything crossbuy.

RYz3qL9.jpg

This is another point that's not clear at all.

When I buy something crossbuy both versions are listed in the "Download list" even if I never actually downloaded them on my devices.

They say I would be able to download the contents from my Download list anytime.

And then they say I need to download the cross buy content on my devices, either PS3 or PS Vita.

Those last sentences have some logic fault.

I'd be gratefull with anybody can clear the matter.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Dilust said:

This is another point that's not clear at all.

When I buy something crossbuy both versions are listed in the "Download list" even if I never actually downloaded them on my devices.

They say I would be able to download the contents from my Download list anytime.

And then they say I need to download the cross buy content on my devices, either PS3 or PS Vita.

Those last sentences have some logic fault.

I'd be gratefull with anybody can clear the matter.

Pretty sure when they say to "download" the other version, they just mean you need to make sure it's added to your download list. This is the kind of language they've always used for this kind of thing, like telling you to download PS+ games before a certain date.

So just watch out for cross-buy games that don't actually add both versions to your download list but instead make the second version free on the store. Because after the stores close, there will be no way to "purchase" the free version to add it to your download list.

• Like 3